You can get Flathead before getting the quest from Dexter DeShawn(?)

+

Surma.

Forum regular
I noticed this door that you're normally supposed to travel with Jackie when entering in elevator.
1617769689878.png

I was actually able to get in that door above by clever climbing and it showed you can break through it with 20 Body.
1617769688150.png

Upon more research I was able to find this

This guy finds a way into the Maelstrom building by using cybernetic legs to extend jump to get to the roof and able to glitch inside Maelstrom base.

So someone who would spend a lot of time in grinding street cred to buy double-jump/rocket-boots and 20 Body, it's technically possible to steal the robot before ever getting the quest from Dex.

Has anyone actually tried this?

Would there be any special interaction with how you deal with Maelstrom in any scenario? How would Dexter react if you already told you got the bot? Maybe Dum Dum is not going to be greeting you as you open the door by force and you can leave Jackie waiting at the elevator as you exit with the bot?

Last edited:
Hey,
maybe it's a bug and the door is supposed to be force-open-able when you are escaping the factory, that is, after the conversation?
If I remember the route correctly, this could save you like 2 rooms out of 4 or 5, right?

Hey,
maybe it's a bug and the door is supposed to be force-open-able when you are escaping the factory, that is, after the conversation?
If I remember the route correctly, this could save you like 2 rooms out of 4 or 5, right?
Yes ;)
But I'm not sure it's possible to be lvl 20 at this time :)

Surma.

Forum regular
Hey,
Yeah you're right.

I checked from old load and saw indeed that you're at least able to use the door after having conversation.

But I think that would lead you straight out of the place without having to fight Royce.

Also I actually I realized the window/air vents in the beginning are likely the same room you fight Royce. And I'm quite sure you can't gain access there from the start.

I noticed there was a Tech requirement door just before entering the fight against Royce so maybe I missed out some potential exit / entrance or unique gear.

Edited the rest of the comment into main post.
Post automatically merged:

I'm not sure it's possible to be lvl 20 at this time :)

Why not? You're left to explore the world after you're first supposed to meet Dexter DeShawn and I was able to find many street gangs you could fight before that. So someone with enough patience could grind 20 Body and get even the double jump to glitch inside Maelstrom base without first talking to Dexter.

Last edited:
No :(
Max lvl is 6 at start, and if you do all in the area before "the heist", you can't go up to lvl 16 in one skill ;)
(i was do it pre 1.2 for have "system reboot" quick hack and epic cyberdeck for "the heist". I also kill every gang members i possibly can and put all perk in INT)
On other hand, a double jump cyberware is easyly aqueriable before "the pickup" ;)

Top Bottom