you gotta fix this fall damage....

+
you gotta fix this fall damage....

So as a post human mutated freak with amazing strength and speed, I think it's a little dumb that Geralt dies after a fall of 2 metres. He should turn around and grab the ledge if the fall's gonna hurt, or the fall damage should just be reduced/threshold changed.

Yes I know I can roll to reduce damage but its easy to forget.

Yeah I jumped off a roof who hit the ground like 3 meters and he died. In assassins creed unity I jump of a church of 20 meters, Arno loses like 20% health.

Well Assassin's creed physics make almost no sense, but I agree that Geralt should take less fall damage. Especially annoying on higher difficulties where meditate does not heal you

Tuco

Forum veteran
just make a roll...
That doesn't change the problem. A "roll" should be a mechanic to mitigate damage when the fall is from a considerable height (say... 3,5 m or more?).

It's a bit silly that the super athletic, genetically enhanced, badass-ninja Geralt is less capable of amortizing a small fall than the average McDonald customer.

Yeah I jumped off a roof who hit the ground like 3 meters and he died. In assassins creed unity I jump of a church of 20 meters, Arno loses like 20% health.

remember witcher 2 prologue? assassins creed tricks dont quite work in this universe :p

So as a post human mutated freak with amazing strength and speed, I think it's a little dumb that Geralt dies after a fall of 2 metres. He should turn around and grab the ledge if the fall's gonna hurt, or the fall damage should just be reduced/threshold changed.

Yes I know I can roll to reduce damage but its easy to forget.

I literally just exited the game just to come here and make a thread about this. I just died from a fall that I wouldn't even get a sprained ankle from. Geralt, an all powerful Witcher died from a hop, skip and a jump. Most games never get fall damage right when it comes to supernatural protagonists. Here's what his gravestone would say...

Geralt, All powerful monster slaying Witcher, dies from a 1 foot fall. looks like he's a pussy afterall....

I literally just exited the game just to come here and make a thread about this. I just died from a fall that I wouldn't even get a sprained ankle from. Geralt, an all powerful Witcher died from a hop, skip and a jump. Most games never get fall damage right when it comes to supernatural protagonists. Here's what his gravestone would say...

Geralt, All powerful monster slaying Witcher, dies from a 1 foot fall. looks like he's a pussy afterall....

If you press the spacebar (jump key) he does a roll to reduce/remove the damage.

I know that, but you can't always remember every time. Doesn't change the fact that the fall damage is atrocious.

I agree, Geralt should shrug everything below 3-4 metres off if you ask me, even more - remember the intro of The Witcher 1 when he jumped down from the roof of old Vizima castle to kick the Striga right in the teeth? Such an awesome scene, yet impossible in the Witcher 3. Here, Geralt falls to his knees with a grunt if he jumps down a ledge of 2 metres - that's like Bruce Lee tripping over his own shoelaces.

Last edited:
Well maybe, just maybe in some twisted and genius way, the guys from CDPR implemented the fact that Geralt had his hip broken in the books which never healed quite well, that would be a great way to justify the insta dead from 2 meters xD (remember in The Witcher 1 he walked strange because of the hip :p)

Yeah, but I doubt it's because of that xD

Yes, the falling damage is quite ludicrous, I was having all kinds of problems with it as well. There are many places in the game where you have to drop down somewhere and almost die if you don't know the roll mechanic, and as far as I recall, the game doesn't make a good job of telling you about that mechanic (I don't remember seeing it anywhere in the game). So there should be at least a loading screen tip somewhere saying "Roll just before hitting ground to avoid falling damage".

Top Bottom