You know you play "The Witcher" too much when....

+
Ermmm..... nah.~ Roxy

I would like to introduce an excerpt from our Set of rules thread which says:
- Don’t spam – do not write posts only for the sake of upping your post count or adding your opinion without discussion. If you have something specific to share – do it. But please, don’t write posts of the likes of “Me too”, “I agree”, "QFT", "lol", "" etc. We think, you know very well what we have in mind, dear Board User. Please also remember to post your topic, regardless of its content, only once. Spamming the same topic all over the board does not endear you to others.

with every game you play, you call your character Geralt of Rivia and try to make your character look just like him.
Now that's just being a plain ol' unoriginal boring bland copycat =)

OlderBudweiser said:
you look for rings and flowers in your backpack every time you meet a girl ;D
Wait how is that different than real life....*notices everyone is staring at him*WHAT?(I wish I knew how to quote this from the original message but I don't sorry)It did startle him a bit, but he knew whose voice it was, so he wasn't as surprised as he might have been otherwise. He knows how deeply I can get into imaginary worlds. He isn't playing The Witcher yet, though he will soon, if he knows what's good for him. :) But he's watched the opening movie and has watched me play a little bit (he gave me the game for my birthday, and he wanted to be sure I liked it -- now he's thinking that he's created a monster. :) ).I'm a clinical psychologist in real life, and a lot of what I do at work involves trying to understand what it's like to BE my client, to see the world through their eyes, so that I can understand how best to reach them. It's sort of an automatic process for me, not something that I can explain or do step-by-step. But I've never done it with a computer game character before! I mean, Geralt is more realistic than most, but still....Note to self: Turn empathy down a notch before playing The Witcher again. :)My response starts here:Sounds like you are a good psychologist, you are not in the states are you?
OlderBudweiser said:
I would like to introduce an excerpt from our Set of rules thread which says:
- Don’t spam – do not write posts only for the sake of upping your post count or adding your opinion without discussion. If you have something specific to share – do it. But please, don’t write posts of the likes of “Me too”, “I agree”, "QFT", "lol", "" etc. We think, you know very well what we have in mind, dear Board User. Please also remember to post your topic, regardless of its content, only once. Spamming the same topic all over the board does not endear you to others.
Heh wow that is a different rule than I have seen on the other forums I visit...when you think someone is breaking it send them a note ok....some of us don't always see it if you post it on our post since we go back to read the first page after replying to a post on the first page...(and then reply to a post on the second page and get banned for spamming)Do not double post

You know you play the witcher far too much when you Pirouette, Parry, Cut on the dancefloor at a club with friends thinking that these are the best dance moves anybody could ever do....... ;D

I had a date with my sweetie the other night, and he had a long, furry, striped tail on his dresser. My immediate thought was "Scoia'tael!"It was the wrong color for a squirrel, though; it turned out to be the tail to his leopard costume.(What, the guys you know don't have leopard costumes? :D)

You play "The Witcher©" too much when you are trying to meditate for hours in a few seconds, but it was just 10 minutes ago :beer: (No, I didn't try that :whistle: )

-You begin to think whether the girl you're hitting on is an aristrocrat or a hooker; aristocrats want froks while hookers want jewelry after all!-You walk into peoples' houses, attach way more stuff than normally possible to all kinds of straps hanging from your suit and expect nobody to say anything when you do this before their eyes.-When you, before every game for money (say, Texas Hold'em), say "I save" and if you lose, ask the money back saying "I'm loading."-When your pickup line is "My touch causes a slight tingle on your skin. Care for me to show you?"

Elealar said:
--When your pickup line is "My touch causes a slight tingle on your skin. Care for me to show you?"
But that line is worth trying.......it could work lol.....u woud probably get a good laugh out of it......(at u or with u, i don't know),..... no it wouldnt work would it *sigh*Anyway u know u play the witcher too much when u time ur dance moves to see an imaginary flaming arrow in front of u

Aaakkkkk I realized I play The Witcher too much when I last night installed my old copy of Baldur's Gate, to replay that fine old game, and after loading in my favorite old custom portrait, looked at it and thought.... "oh wait, I think I will instead of playing him again I will instead take some of my Geralt images and make myself a New Baldurs Gate character with that"....

Starwolf said:
Aaakkkkk I realized I play The Witcher too much when I last night installed my old copy of Baldur's Gate, to replay that fine old game, and after loading in my favorite old custom portrait, looked at it and thought.... "oh wait, I think I will instead of playing him again I will instead take some of my Geralt images and make myself a New Baldurs Gate character with that"....
You know you play The Witcher too much when other RPG's seem bland and boring in comparison. My husband gave me two RPG's for Christmas. I haven't even installed either of them yet.

umm, how is the opposite thing possible to this thread? I haven't bothered finishing the game on hard yet because I'm pretty sure it's going to be fairly easy with all the potions and gold Geralt has. :dead:

... when you bake cookies decorated with magical signs made of icing :D... when you dress up for Halloween as both Geralt and Abigail (though not at the same time)... when you try to use the same timed-click combat scheme in World of Warcraft (don't ask lol)

didi510 said:
... when you bake cookies decorated with magical signs made of icing :D... when you dress up for Halloween as both Geralt and Abigail (though not at the same time)... when you try to use the same timed-click combat scheme in World of Warcraft (don't ask lol)
Yes... and didn't you just win The Witcher Stew contest with those cookies? Congratulations! :beer:

Starwolf said:
Starwolf said:
Yes... and didn't you just win The Witcher Stew contest with those cookies? Congratulations! :beer:
And a previous contest with her Abigail costume.I think she's bragging, but then, she has reason to. ;)

No, not bragging, just stating the fact that apparently I have way too much free time. Which I actually don't, so I'm not sure how this all has worked out :D I blame it on the creativity.And those cookies were... omnomnomnomnom! Didn't last long lol :teeth:
GeralttheWhiteWolf said:
...you attempt to reduce your pupils to slits
Ouch!

... You slide on the ice, piroheuetting as you go, attempting to use Aard on a pile of snow, realise that it didn't work and crash into it.

Top Bottom