YOU MAY HAVE NOTICED some closed threads.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@moderators

It's easy to solve that problem.

#radovidstly 'ivegotaburningdesire #fuckmages #justburnthemall

Ahem, wrong thread? :p

Nope. I'm pretty sure this thread is about "difficult persons" and that's the best and safest possibility to solve it, as Radovid showed.

Or cut off a hand, so they learn their lesson?

They won't. Just take a look at Philippa Eilhart. Radovid pricked out her eyes and she is still evil, ruthless and a filthy sorceress. Only the holy Eternal Fire can cleanse her.

IMO heated discussion happened in both Triss and Yen threads, often going offtopic and in the team X vs team Y way, which is not surprising seeing how many pages these threads had, most important things were said many pages ago, the threads were getting repetitive and both eventually turned into appreciation threads ( probably the reason mods reacted and created the fan art threads). Maybe these threads weren't clearly defined, but I liked to think of them as a place where you could post anything regarding the character it's devoted to and even go offtopic at times, at least I enjoyed them the most while they were like that, like a Triss/Yen community hangouts(the groups with the restrictions they have simply can't compete with them). I don't see anything wrong with that, Yen/Triss choice divided people the most and was the main point discussed in this subsection of the forum for the last few months. I do not support the lockdown of the threads, as I feel it goes against the purpose of the forum in general, and the tone, while on the edge of it, rarely went too far. I believe we should be allowed to talk about Yen/Triss, no matter how things can escalate sometimes. While disagreeing, I never felt personally insulted by anything someone wrote here and clearly these characters are something people enjoy talking about.

I can also understand the mods and their efforts to keep the forums clean, admittedly the forum rules were broken at times and maybe it became a hassle to constantly monitor these threads, but I feel that completely blocking the Triss/Yen discussion is not the best way to handle this situation, however what's done is done. Hopefully they will consider reopening them at some point, and if they do I will try to keep my posts on topic, better to have these threads open under certain conditions then not having them at all.

Last edited:
Just to make things clear, the threads were NOT closed "because Yen fans were saying nasty things about Triss fans". The Triss and Yen threads were closed because of the behaviour of those posting in those threads.

IMO heated discussion happened in both Triss and Yen threads, often going offtopic and in the team X vs team Y way, which is not surprising seeing how many pages these threads had, most important things were said many pages ago, the threads were getting repetitive and both eventually turned into appreciation threads ( probably the reason mods reacted and created the fan art threads).

Yes.

Hopefully they will consider reopening them at some point, and if they do I will try to keep my posts on topic, better to have these threads open under certain conditions then not having them at all.

Thank you. :)

But, as the last few pages do seem to be mainly people pointing the finger at OTHERS for being the cause of the problem, this thread is now getting its own lock.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom