YOU MAY HAVE NOTICED some closed threads.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

I created that thread first and foremost to clear up misunderstandings, yet it didn't just draw those, who wanted to know more or get some explanations, but also those who just wanted to start an argument.

I hoped that people would rather strive for a clearer and mutual understanding instead of looking for trouble..

There was a reason I didn't want to create again a vs-thread, so people don't clash with each other in this thread and it splits the community, and why I wanted to concentrate everything in one thread instead of having many, so people, who don't have any interest in it, can just ignore it and don't get bothered everywhere else with it.

It's a shame that exactly that happened, what I tried to prevent with that thread.

I created that thread first and foremost to clear up misunderstandings, yet it didn't just draw those, who wanted to know more or get some explanations, but also those who just wanted to start an argument.

I hoped that people would rather strive for a clearer and mutual understanding instead of looking for trouble..

It happend the same with the Triss thread that i started and, unfortunately, it' doesn't matter what you, me or other OP desired.

It's CDPR forum and it's open to everyone. Hoping to prevent other people from coming to the threads and arguing is wishful thinking at best. Impossible at worst.

There are the groups for discussing without background noise.

Last edited:
There are the groups for discussing without background noise.

You can't have serious long discussions with just 1000 characters per post, when I started my thread I almost maxxed out the limit of 90.000, which I did later..., I would have to split it in 90 posts, and it's not possible to post pictures, which makes it even less likable.

A lot of people are just here since the release of Witcher 3, so they would be surprised how civilized those discussions were before (and yes, we also discussed about the dilemma between Triss and Yennefer) and it's a shame that the huge influx of new players didn't adapt to the forums than rather changed it according to them.

Those who know me longer know that I have a rather rigorous opinion about the romances, but that doesn't mean I go through the threads and do propaganda. It's a shame that I can't barely talk about it anymore/since the release of Witcher 3 without "offending" 10 people in an instant.

I could do it 2 years and now it's impossible, because it escalates immediately.

A lot of people are just here since the release of Witcher 3, so they would be surprised how civilized those discussions were before (and yes, we also discussed about the dilemma between Triss and Yennefer) and it's a shame that the huge influx of new players didn't adapt to the forums than rather changed it according to them.
The good old Yenn vs Triss thread...I miss those times...

The good old Yenn vs Triss thread...I miss those times...

Well, it still got heated sometimes, but I can't remember that it ever escalated in the same manner it did recently.

People also tended to argue more with arguments than just opinions. An opinion is not an argument, everybody has an opinion and everybody has the right to have one, but if you lack the arguments or just conveniently make them up for your opinion, it's hard to have a serious discussion about anything.

We need to have a contract drafted for those romance threads everyone is required to sign. Something along the lines of "Thou shall not Gosh-all-Potomac either romantic interest. Thou shall pleasantly twattle among peasantry. Dost thou agree not to brabble?"

No signage? No entry.

Last edited:
Shipping wars turn into the nastiest battles in fandom, if you don't prevent them from doing so. People just get too invested in the hypothesis that two characters should be in a relationship. I still have to side with Sapkowski, the relationship goes so far as the story requires, not further, not in the name of fan service, it has to stop somewhere.

I'm still wanting the return of Shani, though. TW1 Shani was cute, smart, really cared for Geralt -- and could go at it like a mink.

Shipping wars turn into the nastiest battles in fandom, if you don't prevent them from doing so. People just get too invested in the hypothesis that two characters should be in a relationship. I still have to side with Sapkowski, the relationship goes so far as the story requires, not further, not in the name of fan service, it has to stop somewhere.

I'm still wanting the return of Shani, though. TW1 Shani was cute, smart, really cared for Geralt -- and could go at it like a mink.

Yen thread was not about romance, we have talked and suggested mostly about keeping the characters within the book lore. Until certain people made it about romance shipping.

I would much rather prefer those people locked away, instead of the thread being locked away.

Agree about Shani, would love to hear more of her war stories, maybe even have another drinking party.

I also don't understand. Why not just ban a people who make the most trouble instead of closing the whole thread, and thus punish people who behaved normally? Are all forum users is one organism that everyone is responsible for all at once ?

Last edited:
Yen thread was not about romance, we have talked and suggested mostly about keeping the characters within the book lore. Until certain people made it about romance shipping.

I would much rather prefer those people locked away, instead of the thread being locked away.

Agree about Shani, would love to hear more of her war stories, maybe even have another drinking party.

Lots of the heat seems to me to be caused by extremes of book lore interpretation. So you'd have to lock those people away too.

Finally some common sense, the whole Triss/Yen thing was absurd and offensive. I just love been told how I'm supposed to play a game by people who know better.

The book extremists are a problem. Live and let live. The books may be important to you and that's fine. But there was an awful lot of of trolling along the lines of "how dare you choose Triss!" Or "that's not how it is in the books."

Discussing the books or the games was not off topic. All the extremists and the duped accounts spawning were a big problem though.

Yup, no problem with discussing the books. Big problem being told how how people should play the game based on the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom