You Nerfed Weather??

+
You Nerfed Weather??

for the love of all that's frosty / foggy and rainy in the gwenty-verse weather was the only viable deck ever, and you killed it. I swear, I will find a way to necro weather from the sunny hell you sent it to... this I swear.

(on the up side all the other changes look pretty cool, time to rebuild some decks :))

likely the only weather QQ thread we'll see, had to be done.

Either weather will be removed from the upcoming final game or it will be completly revamped and what we're seeing are the first steps towards it.

Im not really sure what to think of theese changes. As i said before - weather is a problematic mechanic, and you probably need to raise something to the ground before rebuilding it. However, with its current effect its "all or nothing" mechanic, as further elaborated in this topic: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum...weather-rework . I still to believe that change proposed there would be a better solution, because you cant just nerf current weather to OK state. It either works - and whine goes on, or it doesnt, and its trash. Its an on-off mechanic that just cant be tweaked, complete rework is neccecery. After silver weather nerfs weather-conrol capped at around 3600-3700 MMR, wich was somewhat ok if you ask me. Combining Leshen nerf and old clear skies produces a sound of nailing the coffin. On the other hand - most deck that overpowered it consistently got a slap into face with salmon. As allways we will have to wait and see how this one plays out, but i really hope its not the final solution for the problem.

i understand they want to rethink the whole weather concept but still, right now i think weather was not a tier1 deck - there was no reason to nerf it like that until they re-work it

Haven't seen many weather decks on higher ranks and they already removed all weather cards, which affect multiple rows so I really hate that clear skies change. I hope we see another patch soon, which introduces new weather mechanics like remove 2 strength every round (to a minumum of 1) or something like half the strength of all units (+maybe set them all to 1 if you play weather on an already weather affected row).

Hopefully this'll encourage people to come up with some more imaginative decks until weather can be balanced properly. I'm sure I'm not alone in being fed up by the incessant tedium of being hit with endless monster weather spam.

HenryGrosmont;n8180370 said:

Thats a usefull link, thank you. Sadly, we dont get CD project guys stepping in in this forum.

ThePrody;n8179590 said:
i understand they want to rethink the whole weather concept but still, right now i think weather was not a tier1 deck - there was no reason to nerf it like that until they re-work it

Thats basicly what RedCoat2012 suggested in a thread i linked above. Give a man a red point or something, by this point of going along "OP <--> Useless" rails with weather, its fairly obvious that unless the core mechanic is changed, trouble isnt going anywhere.

joking aside, it makes sense to nerf weather. based on what Rethaz said in the reddit post I agree it had to be done. all the big point swing cards have seen the nerf hammer (commanders horn) and now weather gets it's turn. still... might be fun to build a new weather deck in the new meta. will give it a try.

With first light clearing every row it might make it so each weather deck is customized around a certain row: frost decks, foglet decks and drowner rain decks. Could this be a good thing?

anhrhte;n8186850 said:
With first light clearing every row it might make it so each weather deck is customized around a certain row: frost decks, foglet decks and drowner rain decks. Could this be a good thing?

not a bad idea. most decks seem to spread their points around trying to avoid weather but a melee/frost build might work. we'll have to wait and see just what the changes are I guess. devs like to change things at the last minute it seems, so won't really know till the patch goes live.

magecutter;n8191550 said:
not a bad idea. most decks seem to spread their points around trying to avoid weather but a melee/frost build might work. we'll have to wait and see just what the changes are I guess. devs like to change things at the last minute it seems, so won't really know till the patch goes live.

I recently made the move to weather deck. Before the patch I would encounter at the most one clear sky, rare occasions I would see two used. Now that clear sky removes all weather effects, most players may wait for more than one weather effect but, by waiting too long some of their cards could be removed due to abilities or special cards (lacerate)

Also, most weather decks have atsome other weather card aside from the monsters that spawn the weather themselves, minus Woodland spirit in the recent patch.

I love how prior to this patch 90% of threads were "Weather is OP please nerf" and now they'll all be "Weather is useless please buff"

:eredinfacepalm:

zantclick;n8195750 said:
I love how prior to this patch 90% of threads were "Weather is OP please nerf" and now they'll all be "Weather is useless please buff"

:eredinfacepalm:
Well it's different people complaining. Weather is in a pretty bad spot, They needed to revert the change to silver weathers if they changed Clear Skies back

no they didn't, if you think about it casting weather usually only affects one row, unless they are spamming weather which is the problem in the first place, being able to make all units on the board 1 str unless they use anti weather cards is op, so basically your complaint doesn't make much sense. weather shouldn't be spamming the whole board find respectable ways to Win.

Top Bottom