You up for a round of Gwent? Here’s how to play (old) Gwent online

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
You up for a round of Gwent? Here’s how to play (old) Gwent online

Hey, Gwent forums!
After the announcement of Gwent TWCG two weeks ago, me and my brother were thrilled and hyped to play the closed beta.
Our anticipation was so big, that we decided to bring Gwent to Cockatrice in order to play with some other Gwent enthusiasts.

For those of you who followed Hearthstone since the very beginning, you’ll remember what’s this all about. Cockatrice is a Magic: The Gathering simulator, that allows custom cards to be made. We did all the cards from the old gwent (including skellige and the cards from the dlcs).

Obviously, this is by no means perfect, but it’s a way to play some gwent versus real people.

How to get Cockatrice and the Gwent set:

DOWNLOAD IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE AND THE PROJECT IS NO LONGER CONTINUED ON REQUEST OF CD PROJECT.

We did a video so you know more or less how it works: https://youtu.be/LD9EdEO00nU

Please be reminded that this is NOT our server, we just merely use it so we don’t have to host our own. Be civil and polite to the users there. Also, if you want to create a game, it is mandatory that you put “gwent”, or something of the sort on the title, so people know what games to get into. You can also put a password like “gwent” so people don’t enter by mistake.

And I think that’s pretty much it. It is a bit confusing, and primitive, but it’s a way to theorycraft and play against real people. Hope you find it enjoyable, and be sure to find us in the server, as SixisGwent and SavienTWCG.

Please, any constructive criticism is appreciated, and leave any suggestions, questions or anything really on this thread, a DM or on the youtube channel: SixisGwent / SavienTWCG
Thanks!

Last edited:
New cards are out! There are a few tokens left that we dont know yet, but all the cards revealed are there.

I played a game of this Gwent yesterday. Skellige vs Nilfgaard.
It was a little rocky to begin with but once we got the hang of it, it went quite smoothly.

Maybe it's just because I'm not too computer savvy, but this seems like a lot of hassle and risk to play some gwent. Or maybe I'm crazy/paranoid. Either is possible.

Maybe it's just because I'm not too computer savvy, but this seems like a lot of hassle and risk to play some gwent. Or maybe I'm crazy/paranoid. Either is possible.

I don't see the risks really. It is a bit of a hassle but it should be easy to install and you get the hang of it quickly. I can help you with it if you have any problems

CDPR closing all projects like your. Do you think it is was good idea write a topic here?
We understand your concern msklpharaun. To be honest though, our efforts are just hoping to help the community and get the game some exposure. In no case is our port trying to profit from a game that is not ours. If CDPR feels like this is forbidden and bad for the game we will take it out. In the end, in two months the port will have no impact and we are not trying to compete or hinder CDPR in any way

We understand your concern msklpharaun. To be honest though, our efforts are just hoping to help the community and get the game some exposure. In no case is our port trying to profit from a game that is not ours. If CDPR feels like this is forbidden and bad for the game we will take it out. In the end, in two months the port will have no impact and we are not trying to compete or hinder CDPR in any way

well, i hope CDPR will not be too strict for you.

I have send a PM to SavienTWCG kindly asking to discontinue this project. The beta is no far away - please bear with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom