You vs V: Humanity Loss, your Choice

+

Are you willing to trade your humanity for the mission?

• I will use only enough Cyberware to survive in Night City.

• I am Adam Smasher baby!

• I am going all out and push the limits of technology knowing Max Tac is an upgrade away.

• If I had the choice, I would not use any Cyberware and complete the mission using only my skill.

Results are only viewable after voting.
However I suspect some might come to think otherwise once they are in that ripperdocs chair for real and the doc carves away your bodyparts. We've seen it in 44-min demo, its very graphic. I guess there will be a bit of "body horror" element to it. Will people feel a tinyest bit queasy if the doc carries away our arm? It wont be just "choose this thing from a menu" and a timeskip.

This is basically why I started the thread. V lives in an extraordinary and dangerous world, it makes sense that she/he would try to find the means to survive.

HumanAll.png

These images of characters in Night City while amazing are what started me thinking about the sacrifices our characters are willing to make and the cost.

These images of characters in Night City while amazing are what started me thinking about the sacrifices our characters are willing to make and the cost.

Well, its not always a choice. Not even for lore characters. Adam Smasher didn't get to choose, he got blown to bits and was given an offer you can't refuse. Same for robocop. Same for Adam Jensen. I believe same goes for Major Kusanagi in GITS, at least in the movie. I'm not 100% sure if Lizzy Wizzy was put into that body post-suicide with her consent or not. I guess it might have been with consent if she finished the gig afterwards..

2011-10-03.jpg

But of course its a very different story for our character V. They DO get to make the choice.. :)
In fact a whole lot of choices.

However I suspect some might come to think otherwise once they are in that ripperdocs chair for real and the doc carves away your bodyparts. We've seen it in 44-min demo, its very graphic. I guess there will be a bit of "body horror" element to it. Will people feel a tinyest bit queasy if the doc carries away our arm? It wont be just "choose this thing from a menu" and a timeskip.

Also remember that in C2020 at least (don't know about C2077) removing your body parts isn't forcibly a definitive choice which cannot be reverted.

I see a lot of people said "will use only enough Cyberware to survive in Night City.", and here i am wishing they put exotic mods in the game.. lol

I want personnaly to be the cyberman guy on my first play. Use chromatic skin and the maximum cybernetics possible. Though, i would want in a second time to just use bioware or genetic engineering to be the guy who "adapt" and is the peak of organic human without throwing away his humanity and becoming a metalic monster.

Basically two runs: inhuman machine guys vs "organic will prevail"

Regular human not using any bioware/genetic engineering seems boring thoo but can sounds like a good challenge.

Last edited:
I don't really see humanity as something to cling to, as far as the 3 V's I plan to play feel about it:
Transhumanist Netrunner - aspires to shed humanity in favor of becoming a digital entity free of biological impulse
Practical Nomad - sees tech as tools that enrich and extend our lives/body/humanity
Merc Solo - anything to get the job done and gain the tactical edge, life/sanity is fleeting but rep is forever.

None of them will be shy with implants, but for very different reasons. The Nomad will be the least likely to push the limits, but it is more in the vein of tools are meant to help not handicap, not out of some romantic-outmoded ideal of purity or preserved humanity.

I'd happily chop out my brain and shove it in a robot if that were an available option irl so I don't think I'll have any problems with it in the game. Humanity Schmoomanity.

In all fairness, I don't blame Adam Jensen. Had a very similar "instant regret" feeling when I first tried Kung Pao Chicken as a kid. Spiciness like a fire in your stomach. Didn't ask for that. I like Minced Pork Rice better.

Planning to play a Nomad with no Cyberware usage (unless required by the mission), but also finding the idea of "cyborg girls" extremely enticing. "Opposites attract", something like that. I wonder if anyone in that population would be a romance option, so we can find out, you know, *cough* how it works *cough*.

I'm sure some of you know what I mean by "how it works" :ok:

Planning to play a Nomad with no Cyberware usage (unless required by the mission), but also finding the idea of "cyborg girls" extremely enticing. "Opposites attract", something like that. I wonder if anyone in that population would be a romance option, so we can find out, you know, *cough* how it works *cough*.

I'm sure some of you know what I mean by "how it works" :ok:

Following the traditions created by the Cyberpunk 2020 table RPG, players who choose to create V as a man will be able to increase their libido using “Mr Studd”, which allows them to “enjoy” all night. For the female version, “Midnight Lady” or “Mrs Midnight” will be available.

“It’s like a cybernetic replacement for the vagina. In addition, it is possible to change the breasts and everything. And so, I think the male counterpart is Mr. Studd, who is also the genital replacement ”, explained Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz, game’s director of missions.

My Nomad will use as little as possible. My Street Kid may go a little crazy. <3

Edited to add: If there is a way to play without any Cyberware I would love to try it.

Last edited:
So humanity score doesn't seems to exist and you seems limited to implants slots by the way. Good bye Adam Jetsen feeling

My nomad character for my first run through is going to be against cyber wear unless it is absolutely necessary (only getting that which is forced on you in the game). My next play through as a street kid though is going to see how close I can become to Adam Smasher's net running sister

Considering it's for guns and that you may not use them at all, yes, it's kinda stupid.
Subdermal Grip is an implant players may purchase in Cyberpunk 2077. While it helps to increase melee damage, it also allows players to access and use locked weapons, though with a reduced damage output.

I would say it makes a lot of sense for melee. Have you ever swung a weapon (even a stick when you were a kid) against a hard object? Your hand/wrist will hurt.

Subdermal Grip is an implant players may purchase in Cyberpunk 2077. While it helps to increase melee damage, it also allows players to access and use locked weapons, though with a reduced damage output.

I would say it makes a lot of sense for melee. Have you ever swung a weapon (even a stick when you were a kid) against a hard object? Your hand/wrist will hurt.

Yep, and I used to be a Kenjutsu practitioner too and it's only a problem if either you don't use you weapon correctly or you really do it too much on a too short time.

Yep, and I used to be a Kenjutsu practitioner too and it's only a problem if either you don't use you weapon correctly or you really do it too much on a too short time.
Or if you use too much strength right? I believe that's the point of implants, to augment yourself beyond the human limits, in which case they make perfect sense.

Top Bottom