Your a nobody, but who are you?

+
Your a character within cyberpunk. Your not V, Johnny, Corporate God or anybody else in the cyberpunk world other than a regular citizen...

Your not gonna be a legend. Would you still desire to live in Night City? What would you do? Does mercenary work sound good knowing death is permanent? Would that scare you away from mercenary work? Maybe you would follow another career path.
-
I'd be a Nomad brawler. I'd live where the clan lives. A martial arts instructor. A karate instructor to be specific. Though he'd have experience in other styles like boxing, tai chi, and kobudo(melee weaponry).

His goal is to simply live a happy life, and ensure the safety of his nomad family. He'd probably associate with boxing clubs as a hobby. He'd have subdermal armor, gorilla arms, and kiroshi optics.

He'd have a pet doberman named Kingpin. My character likely wouldn't enjoy scouting missions or getting in skirmishes but would do it for his family. He'd also learn techie abilities but mostly traps and stuff to further ensure the family's safety. He'd also have a RV head to toe in armor and tech and fixed up to better suite off road driving. With a motorcycle as well for quick easy scouting.
-
What about you? Who would you be?

"YOUR A NOBODY, BUT WHO ARE YOU?"

Jee, I don't know. An NPC?

Teleporting left and right just to fill up the screen, getting rundown by that gonk that doesn't know how to drive, getting shot at, getting stuck in "Get down emote" in a doorway so that gonk can't pass, changing clothes and body on a wim, getting a short roll in a gig, driving along a pathing that takes me straight through a wall, etc., etc.

Guess your everyday NPC life in a big city.

Your a character within cyberpunk. Your not V, Johnny, Corporate God or anybody else in the cyberpunk world other than a regular citizen...
our not gonna be a legend. Would you still desire to live in Night City? What would you do? Does mercenary work sound good knowing death is permanent? Would that scare you away from mercenary work? Maybe you would follow another career path.
What about you? Who would you be?
Tough call. Life on the road is made out to be tough and you have to scrape the bottoms just to survive. Hell Even Panam says she'll mis the dirt-food in Night City. Then again, in between gangs, shootouts, being a random citizen in Night City is also tough just in a different way.

So, who would I then be... for some reason I still like the Nomad way the most, I also find cities crowded and loud so being on the road, in my own little joytoy car and big badass rifle in the back, carrying the name of family and have a decent set of morals, yes: Nomad it is.
But I suppose the allure of the city would cry equally as much as it has for both Panam and Nomand-V....
That and there's one thing of Nomad life I would not agree with: everything is owned by and for the clan, not you... fuck that!

I suppose I't be sort of a techie who'd use ranged weapons and distractive and explosive combat to keep my enemies at bay. do my diligence for both myself and the clan and if fate would allow, some partner-in-crime also. Being on the road with your partner would be home away from home :)

I'd probably have a 5-door modified vehicle with remote turret on the top, but not an offroader, rather a converted sporty car (like coyote), armored and armed. own equipment in the back, loud radio inside and very importantly sidewindows which can be lowered.
Weapon and equipment in the back would be long-distance weapons, scopes and binoculars, cooling box for some food and drinks and other stuff that you'd need. Cyberware would be minimal, Kiroshi's (because I truly have bad eyesight and would change that) and maybe allow a smart link that could allow for advanced high-tech weaponry (assuming a non-game approach where smart links could allow advanced interfacing to any technological device)

call me the Wanderer.
Post automatically merged:

Honestly... right now, no one !
Damn no, I really don't want to live in Night City at all :(
(but I'll think about it)
But who'd you be LeKillerfou :) We must know !

I would be the quest protected NPC message courier.

Kidding...

I would be a gun merchant. They work and live in a well armed fortress.
I get the impression most of them are the store owners, loners that need only rely on themselves.
However they probably know almost as much as the street beggars about what is going on in the city.

As a merchant of hardware mixed with software they are likely jack of all trades, and that fits my RL personality as well (I worked for a little while in Special Effects for stage and some straight to video movies).

And everyone in the city loves the gun merchants... :love:

Last edited:
Stay away from Night City, kids! If you really need, go visit, see the sites, but after that get the hell outta there. And run like hell... if you still got your legs. ;)

Probably being Judy would be how I'd experience Night City the best. You make the best out of situations you're in with the skills, resources you've got, mayyybe join a gang, or two. Try it all out, observe, contribute to the justice (whatever it means for you) and then leave the place behind.

I would be a tourist: i'd stay there for a couple weeks, going around praising the magnificence of City Center and Japan Town, then I'd return to my little European town and enjoy the peaceful country side and the somewhat clean air. :ROFLMAO:

He started as a Nomad, making it especially hard to accept his family was not his place. Everything finally reached a crossroads, and he couldn't make himself continue on in the same direction. Decided to strike out on his own to take his chances.

Pretty quickly, he realized that trying to drive his way forward with no compromise was just going to get him killed. The world didn't care. Night City's heroes were already dead. There were no true causes, and there were no champions. There were survivors...and there were corpses. Living another day usually meant shaving off a little more of what he was. It wasn't in him to give up or walk away. Push him, and he could push back. If he was beaten down, he would heal. As time passed, it became easier and easier to remain standing.

His only goal was ensuring something of himself remained in the end. Something that would appreciate whatever he could achieve. It was all he had. The rest of it would disappear into the weave of city lights in the end.

I would not want to live in Night City as one of the impoverished masses that live and die on the street eating garbage.

I WOULD want to live in Night City as one of the feudal overlords if I was suitably sociopathic.

But I DO enjoy living in Night City as a viewer.

Sort of like Westeros. No sane person wants to live in Westeros as a Smallfolk. That doesn't mean I don't love Westeros.

I'd wanna be Johnny or just like him, don't really need to be "somebody" as I'm not in for the glory. Someone's gotta be the Rorschach/Tyler Durden of NC

Top Bottom