Your backstory beyond lifepath

+
First thread, so feel free to close it if something like this already exists.

Do you have a backstory for your planned character that goes beyond the lifepaths to give yourself the possibility to roleplay better?
I haven’t yet decided what lifepath I will choose but right now I tend to:

Female corpo V, daughter of middle ranked corpos that always pushed her to get to the top. So she worked hard, never questioned her path and finally got accepted into Arasaka Counter Intelligence.
But then a job went bad because she let’s the moment pass, when she’s supposed to kill a women while her child is at home.
She goes down and will be utterly devastated by that at the start of the game but will also get to know a taste of freedom and also find real friends that can be trusted for the first time.
But the question is if she can be trusted.

Just a quick idead of mine – I would love to read yours. 😊

Male Nomad
Sexuality: Pansexual
Main weapon(s): handguns, rifles
Mod level: none to necessary
Main specialty: Gunslinger
Side specialty: Smith
Personality notes: gruff, untrusting, focused on the job, streetwise, solo

A gunslinger who likes to rely on himself after being hurt one too many times. He is untrusting towards those that he meets that he didn't know before he left his clan. He is street smart rather than book smart due to his upbringing of smuggling. V holds respect towards the Valentino and Moxes gangs for their sense of family. He also has a grudging respect for the Voodoo Boys for looking after their own despite their reliance on cyberwear. V distrusts cyberwear and thus will only install that which he explicitly needs and nothing more. For this reason he dislikes the Animals and Maelstrom gangs. 6th Street he also dislikes but has a grudging respect for their love of guns. V will be distrustful or even hostile towards Johnny Silverhand at first but depending on how they bond he could come to respect the man.

Transhumanist Street Kid Netrunner: Maybe he has something wrong with his brain, maybe it is an attempt at psychologically escaping the poverty and turmoil he came up in, but whatever the reason he feels that humanity is our cognitive mind which is polluted and restrained by the meat that hosts it. He only feels at home on the net, though getting new cyberware gives a temporary sense of relief.

Ambitious Nomad Techie: She grew up working on the nomad machines while dreaming about the tech she could get her hands on in the City. She loves her family and nomad lifestyle, but part of her wonders if the tenuous relationships of business families can create an Arasaka, what could a true family do if they stopped hiding from the world, and would she be willing to sacrifice that family bond to make that happen?

Mercenary Corporate Solo (gender tbd): Corp life has been good to them offering a lifestyle many could never achieve, but climbing that ladder has taught V the true ways of the world, there are Masters & Dogs, and ideas like loyalty are the leash. Their only loyalty is to themselves, and they will attain power/money/knowledge until their ascent to Mastery is undisputable.

i wanna add some spice to it
RELEASED DATA FROM NCPD ARCHIVE
name: [REDACTED] "V" [REDACTED]

past: employee for arasaka counter-intelligence, former [DATA EXPUNGED]

preferred weapons: a suppressed Kang Tao G-58 Dian smart Sub MachineGun and a militech M-31A1 AICW tech rifle customized to be effective at longer ranges, depending on the mission he can also be seen utilizing a concealed militech M-10AF lexington machine pistol equipped with a suppressor in case of an undercover mission, an arasaka HJSH-18 Masamune power weapon in case heavier weaponry is needed or a Tsunami Nekomata in case the target is sitting on a couch, behind a 20CM thick concrete wall, at more than 1KM of distance, he is also equipped with electrified mantis blades cyberware

physical description: [REDACTED], also known as V, is a tall, military-aged male wearing a black coat (jacket if the game doesn't have any coats), black pants, black military boots, a dark grey full face mask and white tactical gloves, other than that, little more is known about his identity, as he appears to conceal it during his operations, most of the recordings of his appearance are missing or corrupted and he leaves no witnesses.

description: a reckless mercenary with lack of empathy, V is willing to do any job as long as it doesn't involve innocents or are tasked from arasaka, which he seems to be extremely hostile against probably due to an incident that happened when he used to work for them.
the few recordings of V in action show an extreme ability in combat, suggesting that he used to be in [DATA EXPUNGED], in addition, V is also a really skilled netrunner, which is why most footage of him was lost.

in case an individual of high value is identified to be the next target of V, all units are to be retreated and a MAX-TAC unit is to be deployed as fast as possible, in other cases, V is to be ignored under any circumstance.

Lifepath:Street Kid or Nomad for now.

if Street Kid,they’re more distrustful of new people and seems amoral at times. Has a lot of bad blood with Maelstrom and has very close connections with Moxes. Is smart,but not particularly technically inclined. Wants to break free of the slums they grew up in. Mostly just wants Johnny out of their head,regardless of the mutual desire to see corps like Araska burn. Skilled gunman and negotiator. Particularly enjoys carjacking.

Nomad V is more obviously compassionate. Still dislikes Maelstrom,and still likes what the Moxes stand for,but is more neutral than street kid V with all others. More book smart and has a spectacular first hand grasp on technology,from netrunning to tuning the most specific cybernetics. Feels very chained down and disillusioned with the nomad lifestyle. Is more hesitant to take down Arasaka,simply because they’re only one person,skilled or no,and dislikes the idea of dying for a lost cause,even if they used to look up to Johnny. Skilled medic,good aim,has a talent for sneaking.

Nomad V will be more of a hybrid between netrunner and solo,maybe a bit of techie thrown in there if i’ve got what each “class” is focused on right. Stealthy to a point,but hopefully not just made of paper in an outright gunfight.

Street kid V might just be full solo,guns blazing and reckless.

Neither are particularly against modifying themselves,but Street kid V is more willing to push their limits with it.

That definitely wasn’t too well written,but this is also probably the most defined i’ve made V so far in terms of character,even if it could change.

Password Accepted....Accessing....Accessing....

Street Kid (F) - A quick-witted and quirky kid, her big mouth lands her in trouble almost as much as it saves her from it. Growing up, she witnessed many friends and her sister get killed; either they found themselves owing money to the wrong people or died trying to pull a job they lacked the skill for. She tried to get out of the business, earn money in honest ways, but it was the adrenaline crave keeping her going; not that she was trying that hard to get out...

Corpo (M) - He had been avoiding Night City, plying his skills to Araska's goals in other cities. All the greed and deviousness would be so much worse in Night City, and he'd have none of that. But the corp always gets what they want. He'd long since outgrown small city life, and even he couldn't deny it. What surprised him was how quickly he changed. He became just as power hungry and brutal as the rest of them. Good thing the corps kept the bodies coming.

Nomad (Haven't decided, possibly gender neutral) - They had to do this, come to Night City. The family was fracturing beyond repair, and they needed to be able to stand on their own two feet. They always had the family behind them, but those days were done. In hindsight, maybe Night City wasn't the right choice. Loyal, kind, and far too trusting, this city was going to be a challenge for them. Then again, it's not like there was anywhere else to go.

Nomad:
The corporations never compensated our family for helping rebuild Night City after the fourth corporate war. We put sweat, blood and even a few lives into that enterprise. The corps took it all without an Eddie or word of thanks. Tensions have grown over the past couple of decades and so I’ve decided enough is enough. It’s time for justice. Even if it means I have to leave my family to give them plausible deniability, I will make sure their honor and sacrifice is avenged.

I don't have a backstory specifically but more of an attitude.

I've still running 3 playthroughs until I decide to drop any.

The Nomad has a strong sense of loyalty and won't cheat anyone.
The Street Kid will game the system and be more suspicious.
The Corpo is more arrogant, confident and won't engage in small talk.

So far the role-play has been changing the dialogue, nothing has changed the plot (yet) but I'm expecting divergence will start to happen at some point, or at least I hope so.

Screenshot 2020-12-11 at 17.03.07.png

Top Bottom