“Your Face in the game” Competition is now live!

+
“Your Face in the game” Competition is now live!

We've just dropped the global price for the PC and console versions of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition (PC 29,99* USD/Euro, Xbox 360 39,99* USD/Euro, *Suggested Retail Price), and today we have some really big news to share with you!CD Projekt RED has launched a competition for fans of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings who have bought their copy of the game on Steam. If you don't own the game yet, the easiest way to enter is just to pick it up from Valves digital distribution platform between the 5th and the 30th of September. If you already own our game, dont worry! You can also enter the contest! Two lucky winners will have a chance to be immortalized by having their faces inserted in one of our future projects.
To enter the competition you can either:
1) Buy The Witcher 2 on Steam between the 5th and the 30th of September and provide us with a proof of purchase along with a short explanation on why you should star in one of our upcoming projects.
or
2) Send us a photo of yourself dressed as a character from one of our existing games. You can use various props to make the picture more believable and entertaining. Please make sure to include a short explanation on why we should pick you to appear in one of our upcoming titles.
We will be gathering your submissions until September 30th (Sunday) 10pm GMT (1pm PST) and the authors of best works (one from each submission pool) will be announced in October. All participants must be at least 18 years old and only one entry per person is allowed.
Click here to visit the contest's website. You can also watch the promotional video here.

MrMida

Forum veteran
I don't really care about these kinda things, but I don't understand why CDP Red encourages people to buy their game from a heavy DRM'ed retailer with this. Wouldn't this be a great way to promote your own retailer? You know, GoG?

This is interesting, too bad that i haven't bought it from Steam though. :/ I wonder for which game you will do it, Cyberpunk, or the other game that you haven't announced yet? Anyway, good luck to anyone that participates.

And that's actually a fair point, you could've promoted GoG with this, but oh well....

Sounds like fun! I'm in!

If I were to be one of the lucky ones, hopefully I can be the villainous type :p

If you own The Witcher 2 already, you can still participate in this contest by sending us a picture of your cosplay character. There are 2 ways to enter this competition, that way everyone has a chance to appear in one of our future games:)

i paid a lot of money for the Premium Edition of The Witcher 2, an actual physical copy not a digital download and if i was interested in entering this competition i would be gutted that i couldnt because i never bought it on Steam. im not going to slag off Steam because unlike most i really like it but to limit the comp to Steam owners only is shit tbh. anyway good luck to all who enter.

ok just read the above post so nvm.

Aditya

Forum veteran
the promo video is cool especially why he modeled in the end you evil dog

I have 3 copies of the game including in steam already :| why cosplay I don't have anything, will a "unique pic" without outfits won't do :'(
can you have something for multiple copy buyers and fans please :p

Well... Actually I ve been entertaining a super-duper idea for a witcher cosplay for many months now, but I dont know if I can pull it off on this short notice... (many "ingredients" are necessary).

We'll see...

Chewin3 said:
Sounds like fun! I'm in!

If I were to be one of the lucky ones, hopefully I can be the villainous type :p

What, so we can get the chance to kill you?

Anyway, I have the game on Xbox, and sadly don't have any costumes to portait anyone from TW. Ah well, maybe next time.

Whooa guys... what's all this bad mood? Being hosted in the next games ain't great enough to you? I think that didi510 enjoyed a lot :)

Bravo CDP! me support

Let's face it, I'd make a great Emhyr :p Or Vattier de Rideaux

This is intriguing though I am not sure how I am going to cosplay.
I mean I guess I could go with Radovid as I've been told here that I resemble him. Thing is I am not planning to shave my head and I don't have a golden armor.

EDIT" Oh wait a sec! If I own a steam version, I don't need to cosplay??
If so, that's awesome!
EDIT 2: oh wait, it's only if you buy it in September, bummer

KnightofPhoenix said:
Let's face it, I'd make a great Emhyr :p Or Vattier de Rideaux

This is intriguing though I am not sure how I am going to cosplay.
I mean I guess I could go with Radovid as I've been told here that I resemble him. Thing is I am not planning to shave my head and I don't have a golden armor.

EDIT" Oh wait a sec! If I own a steam version, I don't need to cosplay??
If so, that's awesome!
EDIT 2: oh wait, it's only if you buy it in September, bummer

I thought you were already in it. :)
You could always be Radovid's evil twin.

Queenslayer said:
What, so we can get the chance to kill you?

Anyway, I have the game on Xbox, and sadly don't have any costumes to portait anyone from TW. Ah well, maybe next time.

If you are good enough. :p

I as well am a Xbox owner of the TW2, but since it's now 25% off from Steam and with the REDkit coming out next year, I'll have a chance to get the PC version now and then later be able to use it to create mods and stuff.

If you however are not looking to buy another copy of TW2, and don't want to spend money / time on creating costumes, try to be creative. E.g. Use sheets, pillows, old clothes and perhaps frying pans to make yourself look like a troll!

MisterMida said:
I don't really care about these kinda things, but I don't understand why CDP Red encourages people to buy their game from a heavy DRM'ed retailer with this. Wouldn't this be a great way to promote your own retailer? You know, GoG?

He who pays the piper, calls the tune.

Valve imposes various business terms on game developers who distribute through Steam. I am sure these terms would include requirements to conduct promotions tied to the Steam edition of the game.

Rather than carp, I think it's more suitable to congratulate CDPR on running an imaginative promotion and finding a way to open it to non-Steam customers.

(goes off to look for a suitable Declan Leeuvarden costume)

I would buy TW2 again just so that I could enter, is it possible if I gift a friend TW2 and then enter the contest since I already own it long back (duh 3 copies remember? :p )
besides along with this i'll send cory some images too remember even she is making a game of her own and needs your help guys :)
and lastly I was wondering if CDP took ALL our images whoever wants to and maybe put them up in a simple not so fancy crowd or something, you know all are in the game :D Hans Zimmer did that but that was easy since you got to record your singing/chanting which I did and I got to be in the soundtrack with many others and also one of the early ones too :) this is much more complicated but hey CDP can pull it off. Just a food for thought

Ok Ill shut up now lol just waiting for a response about gifting a friend TW2 now and taking part since no chance of cosplay for me

Chewin3 said:
If you however are not looking to buy another copy of TW2, and don't want to spend money / time on creating costumes, try to be creative. E.g. Use sheets, pillows, old clothes and perhaps frying pans to make yourself look like a troll!

A troll, eh? I might just try that! Thanks for that, Chewie! :D

Top Bottom