Your Favorite Gwent Card Set, Cards & Strategy

+
northern realms with the ability to use a ton of spies and draw more cards or replay the cards you used in an earlier round using the medic over and over by playing her and then getting her back with a decoy and replaying her can get you way more points than the monster deck

I would have 2 spies, one decoy, one frost and get an additional horn with the spies. Rest are point cards. NR deck Foltest is double siege.
Meaning no scorch? I assume you expect to get the dragon then? Well, the probability of that is about 57%, so it's not unreasonable.

I now play my second spy card. a 4 point close combat I now have 12 cards in my deck. You have 9 points in close combat plus 10 for your hero (which one?). You have 9 cards and it's your turn.
Alright, I play a horn card on melee.

Gotta love that Dun Bannar medic man, but I got Imlerith as one of my first reward cards, so suffice to say, once I've got 22 monster cards, I'm swapping from Northern to Monster.

Scoia'tael deck is my favourite, it's not as good as Nilfgaard or Northern Realms but I like the aesthetic of the card.

Monster and Nilfgaard are my favorites.

Monster is just so much fun to use, your opponent thinks he's got an easy win with 30 points, then you drop a card and you suddenly have 50 with those lovely muster cards. You have to build your deck very carefully though, you can discard those bitting frosts and you have to make sure to always pick a single muster card of each collection when you start a match, so you won't lose any cards from your hand when you activate their abilities. I usually go with the version of Eredin that revives cards.

My favorite normal card for monsters are the Vampires. One card and you have 21 points in the table.
Least favorite are the Ghouls. not really worth it for one point. :(
My favorite hero card is Kayran. 8 Points is not that much, but when you got 10+ different cards in a row plus a commander's horn, Kayran can easily give you 28 points.
Least favorite hero would be Triss, sadly. She's not linked to any faction so it's the same for all decks. 7 points and no bonuses is kinda bad for a hero. :(
The favorite special card would be scorch. I burned seven cards from my opponent with one of them, so much fun to use. I also love clear weathers.
Least favorite special would be bitting frost, as 80% of my deck is melee. :p

Nilfgaard is just too good. With Emhyr The Relentless, a few decoys, Yennefer & Menno plus the archer medic guys you can keep playing spies over and over and over again until you have almost 20 cards. Plus the sheer power of some of it's cards, like the black archers and the zerrikanian fire scorpion.

Favorite normal card: Black Archer. 10 points on a single card, specially for the ranged row that most opponents downright ignore is too good.
Favorite hero card: Menno/Avallach. Menno is just like Yennefer, but with 3 extra points. Avallach is not really a nilfgaardian card, but another spy with 0 damage is amazing to have.
Favorite special card: Decoy

Only problem is that there is nothing that prevents people from just exiting/abusing the game once they drew a "bad" set of cards. It's pure luck if your opponent stays fair or not. A professional browser version of Gwent done by CDPR with points for wins (and penalties for exiting a running game) and a leaderboard only for registered users (maybe here on the forum?) would be truly epic. :)

I wish chat option is there..

Friends please share your game name here... Mine is D3ATHLORD ;)

---------- Updated at 02:32 PM ----------

Your foe left the battle.. LoL ;)

Monster is just so much fun to use, your opponent thinks he's got an easy win with 30 points, then you drop a card and you suddenly have 50 with those lovely muster cards.
It may be fun but will lose to a NR deck almost every time. Only time a monster deck can win is if it pulls perfectly while the NR deck has a terrible pull.

You have to build your deck very carefully though, you can discard those bitting frosts and you have to make sure to always pick a single muster card of each collection when you start a match, so you won't lose any cards from your hand when you activate their abilities. I usually go with the version of Eredin that revives cards.
Much easier said than done. You may have up to 5 or most likely 8 of 22 cards associated with muster. Pretty hard to guarantee that only one from each muster is in your hand. And using a spy is probably a waste as if you got lucky and only had one main muster card then the spy is guaranteed to probably pull additional muster cards of the same type.

My favorite normal card for monsters are the Vampires. One card and you have 21 points in the table.
And your opponent does nothing? A frost will kill you. Plus remember there are 3 frost cards and only 2 clear weather.

The favorite special card would be scorch. I burned seven cards from my opponent with one of them, so much fun to use. I also love clear weathers.
Your opponent must have been really dumb or playing a monster deck with muster.

As for clear weather there are only 2 of them. Assuming 22 standard deck, 2 clear weather, 3 horn, 3 scorch and nothing else that means 2 out of 30 cards are clear weather. Pulling 10 cards plus 2 replacements means you have less than a 45% chance of getting a clear weather. Couple in the fact that with each swap you actually increase your chances of a duplicate muster card you have to be very careful here.

I play a reavers 5 point ranged card. You have 28 close combat points showing ((4+5)x2) + 10. I have 5 ranged points. You have 8 cards left I have 11 cards left.

Your turn.
Speaking of reavers, I think you'll most likely have 2 of them. Full 3 is too unrealistic to expect for either reavers or commandos, so you probably won't even take the latter, since as 2 they are not so hot, and as 1 it's just a wasted card. As for the catapults, your chance of getting both is about 31.7%, which is fairly low and I'm afraid I can't allow you to assume you have them.
As for me, I drop the arachas.

Speaking of reavers, I think you'll most likely have 2 of them. Full 3 is too unrealistic to expect for either reavers or commandos, so you probably won't even take the latter, since as 2 they are not so hot, and as 1 it's just a wasted card. As for the catapults, your chance of getting both is about 31.7%, which is fairly low and I'm afraid I can't allow you to assume you have them.
As for me, I drop the arachas.

I'll even stipulate that you only had one in your hand and pulled two more from the deck. Currently you have 52 close combat points and 7 cards left.

I play Dethmod 6 range. I now have 11 points range and 10 cards left.

Considering you have one vampire muster and one clear weather card that means 5 of your 7 are unknown. BTW so I can figure out the odds, yet be generous to you, did your deck include any other weather cards, decoy or scorch cards? It had to have 2 clear weather and 3 horns to get the one horn and one clear weather.

My deck had all 3 frost, 3 decoy, 3 horn and 3 scorch, plus 22 base.

---------- Updated at 03:33 PM ----------

Only problem is I can't find a way to get my deck to just the 22 cards that I want.

You can't do that. You have to play with the full range of cards.

Yes we can do that.. but you need min 22 cards in your deck. Just move unwanted cards from your deck to left side & keep only required once. I don't remember the default key to view our deck & to modify it but just press escape & in menu there is a option Gwent Deck just click it & modify your deck :)

Yes we can do that.. but you need min 22 cards in your deck. Just move unwanted cards from your deck to left side & keep only required once. I don't remember the default key to view our deck & to modify it but just press escape & in menu there is a option Gwent Deck just click it & modify your deck :)

I meant the browser version. ;)

Last edited:
[
I'll even stipulate that you only had one in your hand and pulled two more from the deck. Currently you have 52 close combat points and 7 cards left.
I expect myself to have all 3 musters represented by a single card at hand actually, since with the ability to exchange 2 cards it's fairly realistic.

Considering you have one vampire muster and one clear weather card that means 5 of your 7 are unknown. BTW so I can figure out the odds, yet be generous to you, did your deck include any other weather cards, decoy or scorch cards? It had to have 2 clear weather and 3 horns to get the one horn and one clear weather.
Well I never actually said I took clear weather to this particular match. I'd take it against an AI, but I know that a human spy player can hold it for the last if he wishes to, so I wasn't sure whether to include it:) It kind of a yomi thing - your decisions will depend on this knowledge. For now let's assume that I have it, but keep in mind that you can't know that realistically. I don't have any decoys though. I do happen to have a fog card, which I play right now.

My deck had all 3 frost, 3 decoy, 3 horn and 3 scorch, plus 22 base.
Really? You had 3 scorches and pulled none? My odds estimates were based on an assumption that you had just 28 cards, since 2 of each frost, decoy, and horn are enough to pull 1 fairly reliably with 16 cards (10 base+2 re-draws+4 from spies)

[ I expect myself to have all 3 musters represented by a single card at hand actually, since with the ability to exchange 2 cards it's fairly realistic.

Well I never actually said I took clear weather to this particular match. I'd take it against an AI, but I know that a human spy player can hold it for the last if he wishes to, so I wasn't sure whether to include it:) It kind of a yomi thing - your decisions will depend on this knowledge. For now let's assume that I have it, but keep in mind that you can't know that realistically. I don't have any decoys though. I do happen to have a fog card, which I play right now.
OK so that means your deck had 3 fog cards, 3 horns for a deck of 28. You have a crone and vampire muster card still in your hand.

Really? You had 3 scorches and pulled none? My odds estimates were based on an assumption that you had just 28 cards, since 2 of each frost, decoy, and horn are enough to pull 1 fairly reliably with 16 cards (10 base+2 re-draws+4 from spies)

In my initial 10 I had none. Most likely I would have pulled one from the spy cards I used.

Since you played a weather card I now play a 10 point hero card. Either Roche or Phillipa. Doesn't matter really so let's say Roche for argument's sake

So let's recap: You have 6 cards left. On the close combat row you have (1 - 4 point spy, 1 - 5 point spy, 1 - 10 point Draug hero, 3 - 4 point arachas) 1 horn. Total close combat is 52 points.
You also have 1 - 6 point arachas on siege row. Grand total points = 58 Do you agree with this summary?

I have 1 -10 point hero card on close combat row for 10 points.
I have on the range row 1 - 5 point reaver and 1 - 6 point card. There is rain so my point total is just 2 for the row, and 12 points grand total. I have 9 cards left.

Top Bottom