Your Favorite Midwinter Card

+
So far it's Ciri:Nova.
I absolutely love cards that are able to inspire deckbuilding in a new way!

So far the Viper School Witchers. I like a lot of the arts of some of the new cards and also stuff like Yrden seems fantastic, but the VSW will give my Alchemy deck the fire power that it kinda needs, so I can't wait for them!

Also love the idea of Vandergrift, but to be honest, you'll want to use him at the end of a round for a maximum damage effect, so this one-row-Rag-Nar-Rook seems kinda meh. Still he does look too strong and too weak at the same time, which is actually pretty cool.

Memorable mention is also the Trial of the Grasses, but if it boosts the Unit's STR I'll just be sad.

I am also really looking forward to Boulder. :)

And Nivellen - will be nice to double up on Sheldon Skaggs, even if it doesn't get the boost effect.

I am a big fan of Ulfhedinn, I think this card could be an excellent finisher in Cursed Skellige.

partci;n9973611 said:
So far the Viper School Witchers. I like a lot of the arts of some of the new cards and also stuff like Yrden seems fantastic, but the VSW will give my Alchemy deck the fire power that it kinda needs, so I can't wait for them!

Also love the idea of Vandergrift, but to be honest, you'll want to use him at the end of a round for a maximum damage effect, so this one-row-Rag-Nar-Rook seems kinda meh. Still he does look too strong and too weak at the same time, which is actually pretty cool.

Memorable mention is also the Trial of the Grasses, but if it boosts the Unit's STR I'll just be sad.

Trial of the grasses won't be having that effect, simple little semantics like "boosts" are there to denote the difference. Though at saying that I think this card will be abused for different purposes, I feel like the kind of synergies it has with some cards are incredible and it's actually not even good at all the conditional nature of the card that if you're simple running it for the 19 point swing (which is actually achieveable on certain other golds). To get a witcher on the field and have it not get muzzled or alzured, that is the complication. The benefit like I said is the synergies you can have with other cards that turn value from running high cards.

HTMekkatorque

I am aware that I'll have to keep a Witcher or 11 STR something alive (NG Knight), but in case of Witchers, I'll have more than 3 in my deck. I am just saying that the boosting aspect is like instant death.

... unless you are not playing last, of course.

And it can work wonders with Borkh too... if you are kinda suicidal to bank solely on this combo.

I was more thinking fringilla combo in a deck where you don't want to run Tibor. But lets assume you keep that witcher alive and lets assume your opponent doesn't have a scorch but has something that resets. I have no doubt what so ever that this card will not see play competitively outside of NG.

Call me oldfashioned but, so far, it's Paulie Dalberg. I wonder what his brother Raegan ability is?
And we're getting new ambush cards today...

DRK3

Forum veteran
Ciri Nova, so far. Usually i like cards with convoluted effects / abilities, but these new cards seem to be too complicated even for me, Ciri Nova seems a nice balance, will probably be my first craft.

Boy, i have been Gwent players complain about RNG for over a year, when i always appreciated a little randomness and chaos, but this patch seems like it will throw Gwent upside down with all the 'Spawn X' cards which i've lost count by now...

Gotta applaud CDPR and the artists responsible for the card arts though, they are ALL absolutely amazing. And love that they're finally putting new Leaders, even if they seem a bit tame for now.

Iorveth: Meditation looks awesome! Scoia really has the two most beautiful card arts. Aglais, and now this new Iorveth. Just look at that squirrel < 3 (Not going to tell you which one ;) )

I don't really care for the effects right now but the Art....they are absolutely beautiful. I can't wait for the animated cards.

Neutral: Shupe big adventure.

Monster: Ruehin

Nilfgaard: Slave Infantry

Northen Realms: Adda

Scoia Tael: Milaen

Skellige: Beatmaster

They put soo much work into the art. Well done CDPR!

Ugh that's a tough one as CDPR's artist really made a fantastic job once again.. but I guess I gotta for Geralt Yrden and the new Yennefer.

The runestones however look absolutely stunning in my opinion. Can't wait to see their premium versions.

Gameplay wise it's, again, Yrden and the new Yen I'm looking forward towards the most! Especially Yrden is a very scary card. Probably gonna try it in Skellige as I've never really played that much with that faction.

Favorites both for art and gameplay: Iorveth: Medition, Geralt:Yrden and Aguara (standard).
For the non-golds: Slave Infantry, Sentry and Nivellen are cards are I am certainly going to try and have fun with.

The First I'll Craft Reward goes to: Shupe's Big Adventure.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Oh, also should mention: love the new NR archetype of Cursed, it came out of nowhere and it's totally different from what it had. Havent really like NR since they removed Henselt+ Gold cards ages ago, might go back to the faction now.

Also love Lesser Demons, will probably use it on some of my SK decks.

Guest 4021160

I want a top tier golden card for sponsoring cdpr with my FACE!

-- Gameplay --

Letho-Kingslayer
A really awesome looking card, who doesn't love the ability to assassinate a leader?

Vandergrift
Love the ability to apply gold weather to a row (also has fantastic art work)

Shupes big adventure
Just seems like an all round fun card to build a deck around.

-- Artwork --

Moonlight

Really nice effect and looks beautiful on the board.

Yennefer- Tremors
A Yennefer for Nilfgard? say no more.

Adda
My favourite art work of the new leaders.

Top Bottom