Your favorite Witcher moments - Contest

+
My favorite moment is:

Playing at the witcher 1.

And then, I received my pre-order of TW2, inserted the disc in my computer's dvd rom drive and played...

That was the most amazing gaming experiences I lived so far

And then, I saw the killing monster cinematic trailer...
Im' looking forward to playing this game.

It's quite difficult to pick up one moment.
I can't. Every single part of these games are amazing. Can't be dissociated.

The music, the history, the design..
The entire games are my favorite moment.

Many people go with De Aldersberg and Alvin case. But for me one of the most interesting and besetting moment was when we have learned that Geralt was in fact taken by the Wild Hunt itself and survived. I am really looking forward to see what will occur in the third part of great trilogy based on such epic saga.

For me the best moment was when I once Geralt woke up with a hangover and went to ask about it. I had a bug in the game. I made a Screenshot, coz I was scared when I noticed that guys face in the wardrobe, but when I realized it was a bug I just started laughing so hard xD
Honestly I had dreams including this guy after that xD

The best moment is in the second Witcher when you are drinking with the Blue stripes and you get so drunk you wind up out of town naked and with a new tattoo to boot! I about fell off my couch when I realized this was prolly the best quest of the series! You guys make such great games I can wait for the 3rd installment

I think that Geralt's final confrontation with Letho was the moment that WOKE me ,like"Hello,Geralt saved this bastard and after all they went through together,Geralt ended up in having the bad reputation of a kingslayer ".And I IMAGINE GERALT THINKING THAT HE COULD HAVE AVOIDED ALL THIS if he didn't save Letho's life a few years back,and he wouldnt risk his reputation and even his life because THE PERSON HE SAVED took advantage of his amnesia....

^ That is a hilarious bug.

Another one, probably common:

Finding out that Azar Javed assumed Raymond's identity. But the moment is when you play through a second time and your medallion is shaking madly after the stolen identity.

The Witcher act IV was the best moment for me, the intro, the Dagon quest and fight and the whole atmoshpere were top notch. That or the "That sword is for monsters" scene in the ending.

Well first I'm not fluent in english so, excuse my writing style is not perfect.

I totally love the witcher I for the storyline, but I'd rather dialog in the witcher II. My favorite is the first encounter between Roche and Iorveth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBrs5pQnHTM

It's kinda poetic (pan flute) and the dialog are awesome !

When I've player Witcher 1 and in the chapter 2 and I was fighting with Professor on the swamps near the tower. I've had problem with screen refreshing. Frames dropped from 30-40 to 1-5 (too high details I suppose), so I didn't exactly know who and how am I fighting. :p Somehow I did it, but I'm still planning to try to finish W1 with my new rig - especially to properly finish that mystery fight. :)

One of the absolute best things about it the first game was it was on PC! Oh so sorry console gamers but I got to play one of the best games ever and you didn't. I made sure to let all my console gaming friends know they missed out, which really kind of sucked for them but they were intrigued and a couple even picked it up for PC.
The game world really sucked you in and made you wanna spend that extra hour or more playing instead of sleeping or working on something you should have been doing. I definitely remember some extra coffee in the morning for work on some of those occasions.
Everything felt right about both games. The way people acted towards you or one another for example. The fact that the world was living all around you and if your character had died or never had been there the events could be imagined unfolding in quite a different way.
In the first game after playing at politics and working through a couple chapters we find ourselves parrying the Professors arrow and about to go in for the kill. Unfortunately that didn't go as planned as we end up collapsing support beams and running from the kikimore queen. That was a pretty fun twist I always thought.
The noonwraiths were pretty epic and the story surrounding it was equally great. I really liked the outdoor area for that particular part. It was a fun place to run around.
"Your ass puts others to shame." How can you not remember that line, and everything about the lady. Receiving the sword was rad. I think everyone will remember that part fondly.
Getting everything and going out of the way to get Ravens armor and look pretty badass heading towards the end.
The one other thing that really sticks out about the first game was the boss fight music with the crunchy guitar parts. I remember that coming on during the final fight it made the mood of it perfect.

As for the second game, you have a dragon. Is there a need to continue? Oh may as well considering its also one of the main characters in the story not in that form. I tell ya what, killing her was kind of a bummer there at the end.
How about getting drunk and hearing all about it the following day. Never thought Id experience that in a game too!
The nekker queen or whatever mustve been really busy in those woods. Never thought I'd see an end to those things.
Troll dialogue was a good laugh.
The battlefield was unexpected and really awesome even though it made me really wish I would go buy a new video card and some more ram.

Overall both games are among my favorites of all time. But ya know the one thing that's my favorite for both games: Replayability. I've played both of them several times through over the years. Actually, it's been quite a while since I've played the first one, I think I may need to go in search of my discs.

My first unforgotten moment in game was meeting a beggar in rainy night. His marvelous words 'Ale napierdala' made my day and untill today in rainy days i like to imitate him.

Second unforgotten moment was option to kill or not to kill Saskia. I kinda liked that character and when it came to choose, it was really hard for me. In the end I left her alive just like Hiccup did with Night Fury in 'How to train your dragon', because the only thing in my mind was: 'Hmm...Maybe i can ride on her in Witcher 3. Yes, that must be it, I'll definitly ride on her in Third'

I love the Witcher games so much mostly because of the stories you tell us.
That that I appreciate the most in any story are plot twist, specially those that you never see them coming, something like “Luke I am your father” in Star Wars.
Well you guys managed to get many of those on both games, but for me the absolute best happed almost at the end of chapter 2 of Witcher 2.
So I played Roche’s path on my first playthrough, never quite knowing what happened to my “new love” Triss.
I can´t quite describe my surprise, rage and thrill that I got on my second playthrough of The Witcher 2.
Triss was transformed into a statue that I’ve been carried since crossing the mist and delivered into the hands of the %&#*!#$ Nilfgaardians by me… WOW
I was completely surprised, never saw it coming, absolutely red with rage at the Nilfgaardians and myself/Gerald and completely trilled for still getting this kind surprise on a second playthrough, and bear in mind I checked under every rock on my fist playthrough.
So guys, please keep these amazing stories coming, I want be surprised on my 3rd and forth playthrough of the Witcher 3

Hands down has to be the end of the Sackful of Fluff quest in the Witcher 2. I spent most of my day killing harpies to get all the feathers, and he just keeps wanting more and more, and I just keep saying to myself, no matter what, in the end this has to be worth it, CDPR wouldn't just put a fetch quest of this scale in the game and just not have any kind of payout.

Then the end finally comes, I come back and I can't believe my eyes, I just burst out laughing at the fact that, I have spent all day so this dude can dress up like a bird, but what put the icing on the cake was the extremely awkward conversation, it just drove home that, Geralt, a dude who kills monsters for a living and seems to be the most badass person in the history of history, can't escape those awkward conversations that the rest of us humans have. I then spent the rest of the game with the chicken nose on, because I could.

I wish I could erase that entire quest from my mind so I could enjoy it all over again.

Oh man, where to even begin, The Witcher has had a major impact on my life and that is still a understatement.
I'd have to say that some of my favorite moments are one: in the first witcher when you have to help Dandelion get his lute back after the failed "acting", and two: the lord of the rings reference in act two (either that or the lesbomancy line).
But those two are not even doing the series any justice since I myself played the games too many times for the good of my own health, and every time my investment stays as strong as can be, and they still make me question the morality of my choices.
And the characters, oh the characters, amazing, and most importantly .... distinctive... I've had more ease recalling any Witcher character than any from the elder scrolls series for example, and so easy to get attached to.
But honestly there is no way to narrow down my favorites in one comment since the whole series has been a unforgettable experience.
But most importantly of all, of what The witcher has done for me was that it helped me find my fiancee, so I couldn't be happier being engaged to another Witcher fanatic, one that puts me to shame might I add.
Seing how she read all of the books already in her native language and i'm still playing catch-up with the english books, that we are taking care of better than Zoltan does his beard.
And there was that one time when for a anniversary gift, I wanted to give her a Premium edition of Witcher 2 that i dug up since I wanted her to have something that would have some value for her.
But when i presented her with the gift she wanted to strangle me because she also got me a Witcher gift, the collector's edition, and after we laughed and called eachother idiots for around half a hour we ended up doing the exact same thing for the rest of the day only less frequent.
So Witcher has done alot for me, it has given me a brand new playground for my fictional love and it also helped me find my significant other that shares the same love for The Witcher that i have, and I cannot even begin to properly thank you guys for that.

For me, The Witcher is the excellent RPG. So that the first or the second, these games are never disappointed me, every time I took a lot of fun to play. And today, I again. His games possess a rare quality, the ability to immerse ourselves completely in the game These two games are for me the best RPG in the world. I never found the same sensations The Witchers in other RPGs.
The moment that moved me most in The Witcher 1, that is the place where the two sisters find themselves in the fields beside the raspberries and forgive each other.
The Witcher 2, the moment that touched me most is the passage to the end of the game, where you must choose between saving Tris and save everyone. A choice that breaks, you can feel the difficulty of this choice, we feel the sadness of our character. I never received so much emotion with other games. They are for me the best game in the world in all areas, be it gameplay, immersing the player's character.
I have never regretted a single moment the highs go to play its games.
I wait for the third, I would already be able to play. I thank all the creative team of the game, for creating these wonderful games. I studied drawing for the 3D later I would go into a video game studio that is the passion of the game you. Who knows the pass as you do. Thank you and I look Tea Witcher 3 with the greatest enthusiasm.

Thank

Sorry, my English was not verry good :)

My tale of entering the world of the Witcher

April 2012, I was just a boy of 18 en-route home from the hospital, I'd just had major surgery and was about to have to lie in bed for 2 weeks.I'd never played a CDProjekt Red game, but I noticed The Witcher 2 had just come out on Xbox 360 and tasked my dad with picking it up for me. I hated feeling so weak and thinking of the long, boring 2 weeks ahead was horrid!

However, I turned on the Xbox. Put the disc in the tray. Then, then I was faced with the opening cinematic, that awe inspiring dive into the world of the Witcher, as the cinematic faded out and the Assassins Of Kings music faded into the main menu, I knew I was going to like the game...I was wrong, so wrong; I fell in love with it! With the world, the lore, with Geralt and of course Triss Merigold! Never had I played a game with such engaging gameplay coupled with an utterly compelling story. After my 2 weeks 'Bed rest' I'd completed the game 3 times. I'd looked under every leaf in Flotsam, under every pebble in Vergen and every corpse in Loc Muinne.

The Witcher 2 AOK gave me a new world to explore while I waited for my own to heal. I can't wait to loose myself in the Nilfgaard pilliged north that is The Witcher 3!

Thank you all at CDProjekt Red.

My favorite Witcher I moments included fighting the Striga. I did not want to kill her, and there was no return. You were locked in and you had to deal with it in the dread of the night! And omg the score of the game was amazing! I prefer it over part II. One of my other favorite moments include the final encounter with Letho and the fight with the Dragon. Letho's optional choice whether to fight him or let him live, is amazing, and this happens just before two old comrades share a drink! The dragon part was sad because when you think in retrospect, the Dragon was a powerful source used by the Witches. They controlled the dragon as they wished, and the dragon had no choice or control over herself. In the end choosing whether to slay her or let her live was intense, because if you let her live more chaos. But if you kill her, are you really killing a monster? Symbolism everywhere! Love the Witcher series, can't wait for part III.

My favourite moment occured early in the first game. I've been playing rpgs for a very long time, but had never had any contact with the the world of The Witcher. As I played it, I found it intriguing and refreshingly different, it reminded me of the first time I played Gothic. As I moved on through the game, it felt quaint and appealing, but it didn't feel like anything special really. And that's why my encounter with the dwarven blacksmith in the outskirts of Vizima was even more special, it caught me completely off guard. So I was going about my business of talking to people, finding quests and getting a feel of the game when I start chatting up the dwarven smith just outside the inn in the Outskirts. And it all felt a bit dull, a bit repetitive, a bit "I've done this a million times in a million games", and as I'm speaking to this stout fellow, I ask him why humans hate non-humans so much. And when my answer came, from behind that glorious beard, "Why do pricks go into cunts? It's the natural order of things!", my jaw dropped. I was struck silent for a few moments, after which I burst into laughter and I instantly knew I had something special at my fingertips. The answer was so honest, so straight and cutting, it was something I never saw in a game before. And it wasn't the vulgarity of it that struck me, I'd heard vulgar language in games before. It was the naturalness of it all, it felt right, it felt like something that someone who'd been fucked over his entire life would say. It was unapologetic and real, in your face. That was a turning point for me. Since then, it's the standard of conversation I expect in any game I play, no more bullshit scripted answers will do. It's one of the gaming moments I will forever remember and I'm grateful I decided to enter the world of Geralt. It may not feel like much to others, just a small exchange of lines with an NPC, but that's my favourite moment from the series so far. Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it! :)

Fan from Germany.
Die beste Szene, oh da gibt es viele, ich fand es gegen den Drachen zu.kämpfen aber auch in flotsam mit den Mitstreitern einen zu trinken ;)
Und die erotischste Stelle war da als man mit ves naja ihr.wisst schon was machen konnte!
Auf solch eine gute Unterhaltung freue ich mich mit am meisten, wenn es wieder heisst ich bin geralt von riva

Top Bottom