Your favorite Witcher moments - Contest

+
Witcher 1

The part when the grand master asks a mutant if he knows his orders
The mutant responds without emotion: "kill the witcher" man that was so bad ass if only it lasted a few seconds

I thought king Foltest would be a high nosed sophisticated king with an aura of humility and self reserve. We first meet him as he surveys his ransacked kingdom, he says: "Put the fire out in this whore house" I busted with laughter. Well what do you expect from a man that fucked his own sister.

Talking to the Grim Reaper at the end of the game. "There is destiny but there is always choice" He mocks your would be prophetic words. All along Geralt has been a pawn who filled hell with more souls and left the world damned to a frozen abyss.

Witcher 2

Seeing the vatgurn murder all the non-humans in town, I wasn't fucking expecting that. It was ugly and brutish and a reflection of reality.

Drinking booze with the king slayer. One of the only times I ever agreed with the actions of an antagonist in a story

Sken

Forum veteran
Witcher 2:

Roche confronts Henselt as payback for raping Vess, among other things.

A poniente moment for Geralt as he walks away to allow events to unfold.

Henselt looks at Roche proud, says 'I won't beg for mercy', or something along those lines. Roche tells Henselt to look him in the eyes whilst Henselt dares him to take his revenge.

Moments later Roche stabs Henselt who falls to the ground, in his final moments he says 'Look, a flea has bitten a lion', and then takes his last breath.

Roche turns away and walks outside and doesn't say a word. Geralt walks with him says one word 'Henselt?', Roche responds by shaking his head left to right indicating the deed is done. They continue to walk for a few moments, Act 2 ends, Act 3 begins.

I know and love Sapkowski's Witcher books since more than a decade. In 2007 I heard about the TW RPG and that there exists an artbook to the game. Because I rather used to play in RTSs this artbook (!) was originally the only reason for me to buy the game, occured in 2008. The game itself remained unused in my shelf... Till chistmas 2009, when I get a brand-new computer and my better half installed TW unbitten. Since that time I enjoy Geralt's adventures in RP-mode. :D
So my first impressions with this game will ever be the strongest:
  • The Witcher 1 intro with the striga was really epic. I discovered so many parallels to the original story that I nearly had to cry for joy.
  • Also from the first Witcher: Geralt running through the forrest, hurt, exhausted, frightening ghostly voices around him. And then his friends were coming and brought him home. This was very touching, and it moved me to see this scene again in TW2.
The next CE is booked, and the artbook is a must have ;)
Thank you so much for this experience and the international community you created with this fantastic game

Ufff... though decision...

TW1 and TW2 in summary? would that count? :D

But okay:

TW1:

As Aerondight fanboy definatly the scene where the lady of the lake handing out Aerondight.

Whole act 4 in the game, the atmosphere was just awesome and so was the soundtrack in TW1

The intro just epic. Outskirts of vizima after we defeat the Beast and see nothing else than destruction.

TW2:

Geralt demonstration of his "witchersenses" when Zoltan and Geralt meet the scoiatel in the forrest.
The face of the elf was to good :D

My love hours with Triss and the dwarf running away because only those who are in love can hear the sounds :D.

Loc Muinne after we saved Saskia and disenchanted her with the dagger... i was like holy crap!! ...

Iorweth saying "Bloede D'hoine" after we jump back to save the women/ kill Loredo only to see him glad that we' ve
done that (by saving the women). "Bloede Aen Seidhe" :D Also the "meeting" between Iorweth and Roche and the small
talk.

Roches and Geralts walk away into act 3 after Roche has stabbed Henselt.

well thats only just a few to say.... as i asked on start :D do the whole games count? :D

so long

My favorite moment - there are so many, it´s hard to pick one. The greatest relief was probably beating the dragon in Dark mode in TW2. It took me a few hours to get the rhythm, and she always killed me with only a little of her health remaining... Yes, I was thinking of giving up, but then I said no - this games deserves me sticking around and trying to finish. And I did eventually - what a feeling! Can´t wait for the Wild Hunt!

And just remembered - the most touching one was when the animals came to say good-bye to Cedric... don´t know, it just got to me. Nice one.

Just a two my favorite moments, from TW1 and TW2.

TW1 - Shani's party is my favorite, because it's very funny (grandma was annoying, but funny too), old friends involved and books references in dialogs. The Best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyqV2lSSfkU
P.S. Whole Witcher 1 is my favorite moment.

TW2 - Meeting with Letho in first chapter. Very intense moment with not a simple choise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDWGP78DqLs

From TW1:

When I was sitting in my chair for literally thirty minutes deciding who I should spare between Abigail and the villagers. No sense of urgency as their eyes gazed upon me waiting for my answer as my head was in my hands trying to decide the lesser evil.

From TW2:

The ending if my first playthrough, another head in my hands moment. Thinking I had chose the way I wanted to play out. Well things did not go that way as I saw the world crumble. If only one could have seen the horror on my face.

This...was a hard question.

* I do not know why, maybe it was because of the fact that I was brand new to Sapkowski's books. But when realising from the Witcher 1 intro and the part from The Last Wish-novel you got in the Enhanced edition, that the game wasn't merely something hastily thought up I was blown away. The intro wasn't used as some pointless cool reference, but had a story and a universe behind it with deep roots and substance. I had never heard of Sapkowski, and watching that intro in Witcher 1, and later seeing the menu with it's gloomy atmosphere and birds circling in the sky had me mesmerised. I knew then and there that I had made a very good choice buying the game. I knew it before actually playing it. I remember it was the 14th of February, Valentine's day. I had just bought The Witcher, and also run into a girl I used to have a crush on and gotten her number. But it was the game I fell in love with. ;) Might be a weird thing to say but it was one of the best Valentine's days of my life. I stand by that today, four and a half years later. Thank you CDPR! Really, thank you!

* Walking around Kaer Morhen, talking to Vesemir, Lambert, and Eskel, and hearing everything from sword styles and their origin to witcher history, and watching the fresques at the walls, really set the mood for me. Add the funeral and I was really hooked.

* In Murky waters, seeing Alina dance among the raspberry bushes in her new form tugged at my heart. That quest was so so sad, and I'll remember the sadness I felt for the lovers sake.

* In Murky Waters speaking about identity and fate with the Lady of the Lake. I truly felt good when discussing this and that I made the "right" choices and said the "right" things.

* When meeting Yaevinn, and hearing about how he tried to assimilate to living with humans, and them smearing excrement on his home really was the cup that ran over for me, deciding who I would stand with.

* Regarding philosphy I find Zoltan's "progress is a herd of pigs"-speech to be the best. Damn how I agreed on that one!

* At Shani's party with Dandelion and Zoltan(and Grandma), hearing about more of Geralts history.

* The beginning of witcher 2, when Geralt wakes up next to Triss, with the wind tugging at the tent was a magical moment for me. Surely because I had waited so long for the game. :D Add the gawking soldier disturbing them, savouring every moment seeing a naked Triss, while quite soberly remembering all the titles of King Foltest(buying more gawking time) while incessantly staring at Triss was fun as hell. I mean he is brave, she's a sorceress after all dammit.

SPOILERS from here on:

The "What lies beneath" quest in Witcher 1 is one of my favourite quests. Doing your reasearch, speaking with the gardener, the autopsy with Shani, and finding a friend in the catacombs really made an impression on me. Damn it felt good seeing Geralt deliver payback at the tower.

* A big moment for me was to succeed in keeping Berengar alive during the fight with Azar.

* In the end of Witcher 1 the main antagonist sort of Aard away Geralt's sword, but Geralt coldly just draws his silver one, where upon the antagonist says: "That sword is for monsters." As much as I hated him, and thought it justified, I felt his surprise and horror. As if it would stop Geralt. But both swords are for monsters really. I (and Geralt)realised later that it wasn't the Grandmaster who had said these words...it was *****!

* Running back with Roche to the Kaedweni camp, seeing what madness had transpired there, and remembering later all the funny stories and bonding events you had with the Temerian special forces.

* The difficult decisions in Witcher 2: Whether dealing with the unlikeable monster called Henselt or likeable monster called Letho, when explaining his history and his actions, are to this date the most difficult choices I have EVER faced in my entire gaming life. I stand by my choices, but they were damn difficult and felt heavy. Walking away from a bastard that deserved death, and killing someone that really had "good" motives and stories behind his actions, were the hardest choices I have ever second guessed myself on. But I am not a Kingslayer, and I felt both Foltest and Cedric(along with many others) deserving to be avenged.

Being one of those silly people who's first introduction to the series, both the games and the fiction, was The Witcher 2 - the thing that stood out to me the most is how little I understood the characters and the world in which I was thrown into, and the desire to try to understand that it sparked inside of me. This drive for understanding is essentially what I will never forget about the series as it makes each play-through a joy rather than a grind as I approach the game with a new perspective only to make a different decision that leads to a consequence that completely changes my perspective of Geralt, his companions and the world.

This change of perspective from in game experiences is complemented by experiences in my own life that further change my perspective as I return to the game. For example events like my first girlfriend and experiencing love gave me a different view point on Geralt and Triss's relationship. From this real life change I found myself changing the in game decisions I previously made, from simple things such as ceasing my Geralt's questionable activities with women other than Triss (wouldn't want that rose of remembrance to wilt); to meaning Geralt's words to Triss in wanting to accept her offer of leaving the chase and world behind to be together, but being unable to. Another example is going on my first solo overseas adventure and the fear and excitement that came with leaving my home and the familiar in exchange for exploring the unfamiliar and myself with it; put into context the sacrifices Geralt makes in terms of losing the familiar and the safe for the pursuit of his perceived greater good, or lesser evil. He can't see himself settling down and having a family, despite wanting to, as ultimately his profession and need to do set right wrongs in the world prevents him from doing so.

These experiences helped me understand the games just a little bit more, and I love the feeling of building up that picture of the world only for it to come crumbling down with a new discovery and the spark of interest and imagination the games create in me. Which is why for me, what makes The Witcher series unforgettable is how comfortably it sits over my head, challenging me and taunting me with it's tactfully placed position, just within arms reach but just far enough away not to grasp.

Speex97 said:
I loved the line ''Oh not another f***ing stone!''
I think its one's by the Kaedwen Camp.

It is, he's right outside the gate. I would have loved to help him look. :D That line as well as "Odrin, here boooy, OOOODRIIIN?" always made me laugh.

My favorite? Hands down, the discussion with Zoltan about pigs and society in TWEE. I even used/discussed it as part of a Master's Degree Rhetoric class. Other moments I can never forget are:
recieving the sword Aerondite and the discussions with the lady of the lake and her followers,
the hilarity of the Devourers , omg they make me laugh so hard,
Triss's landlord throwing Geralt out or better accepting he is a monk on a mission of mercy,
getting my first Red Meteorite Sword,
The opening at Kaer Moren , learning curve blew me away as i was a neophyte gamer when I first was given this game.The music and graphics, variety of monsters,the push and pull from every decision making each play a new experience with an old friend. TWEE is always going to be my very favorite.

Many moments from TW2 were wonderful as well.

Witcher games, like geralt's novels as well, are filled of magic and epic moments.
Among my favourite one surely shows up the story of reverend of eternal fire. So actual... It's behaviour really stagger me, like its unexpected implication in the curse.
Needless to say how I felt when geralt eviscerate him:)
I also loved "hear" the story of a "young princess that became a witch then a witcher".
Really enjoined turning around in the famous vizima.
Proud to see geralt be awarded knight from the lady of the lake.
For what is concerning the second witcher game it's harder focusing on a special moment due to numerous path that geralt can take.
But the first that comes to my mind is the love scene in the cavern under the statue of two lover... Really touching...and since I loved play Roche path, I found really satisfying to kill king henselt. Thank you very much for adding this!!!
Forgive me for my English and thanks for reading:)

Hands-down the escape from Vizima and wandering the countryside of the Lakeside.

The area just oozes ambiance for me. Especially after all that trouble inside the city.
To walk the along the shoreline of the Lakeside is just phenomenal. Everytime I backtraced there, I'd stand still for a moment after slaughtering a couple of friendly neighbourhood Drowners.

It's just something special to me, I am a big fan of the countryside and after all that hassle in the city, it felt like a relief to escape it. As time passes and the sun sets on the horizon, a feel of dread just didn't set in for me. It is strange because at night the beasties usually come crawling out to harass you, I just walked past them sometimes just because I spend ages around the area looking in every nook and cranny, in the end they died though.

Venturing further inwards land, I traversed the path leading to my favourite little town, Murky Waters. The name dreadful name doesn't do it justice. It was serene, tranquil and happy. The village was actually friendly, well, what you can call friendly towards a freak, for a while when you arrived, whether it was due to festivities or not, it felt like a nice change from being looked upon like a miscreant to actually being somewhat accepted.

In the end it was all in vain though. The battle between the Order and non-humans raged on in the village and left a pretty gory mess. A shame, I really liked that village and the moment I entered the Fisher King's boat, just, the look of that dog spoke a million words, why did I abandon the villagers who were so kind to me, why can't everyone just live in peace. The dog howls and I felt a piercing feeling in my heart. It hurt to leave Murky Waters, so many stories, so many touching moments, but alas, those are all memories now.

That has to be my most fondest memory of a game ever. Ever. It made such an impact on me, I still get goosebumps thinking about it. Conflicting choices, dire consequences, such is life, even in the world of the Witcher.

Thank you, CDPR, thank you for an amazing experience.

My most surprising moment in connection with the Witcher-universe wasn’t even take place in the game.
It happened a few months after the first Witcher game release, on a wine-tasting. I met with a group of Polish, including a young guy and his girlfriend, and, however we understood each other; first we didn’t have much of a common topic to talk about. But when I mentioned the names Witcher, Sapkowsi and CD Project Red (one of the first things came to my mind about Poland), we found the common ground immediately.
Since then we’ve been in touch.

That moment in chapter three, when you are wandering around Vizima, listening to Peaceful Moments and the track reaches its wonderful climax just as you are about to enter the tavern. You hold on right in front of the door to allow the music to grab you right under your skin.

THE WITCHER:
in the final boss fight against Jacques de Aldersber, where Geralt leans over him with his steel sword. then the grand master puches the sword away. Geralt takes out his other sword which is a silver. Jacques de Aldersber gets shocked when he see it and say "that sword is for monsters". while he is saying that, are you thinking "exactly son of a bith!"

THE WITCHER ":
all the cute scenes with Geralt and Triss. They are both some interesting characters with alot of history, they both have different behaviors and they have one of the most convincing love story in a video game.

Top Bottom