Your favorite Witcher moments - Contest

+
My favorite time of The Witcher 1 is when a party makes Geralt. Zoltan Chivay, Jaskier and Shani at home, remembering old friends like Regis and Jaskier makes one of his famous romances ...

My favorite moment in The Witcher 2 is when he is with Triss in the Elven ruins, in the pool, although it is an erotic scene, I find it very funny how Triss Geralt is pushed by the pool ...

Those are my favorite Super moments, but really all the game itself and all that it represents the game with respect to the book is sublime, magical experience to see how they have recreated every character and every scenario at any time without losing the essence of the saga ...

I want The Witcher 3, to explore these lands full of dangers as well as many friends ... and hope you have Yennefer and Ciri participation in this fantastically genius trilogy closing...

I've always loved they way you deal with heavy topics, such as racism. And I saw even more of your deep thoughts in The Witcher 2, following the struggle of elves for freedom and peace. Finally something beyond the classical "A dark evil has awoken and wants to rule over us all". The evil has never awoken, it just has never slept: it's always inside us ready to jump out and make a monster out of us. This is what i really love of The Witcher saga: everyone of us is a monster.

I will definitely never forget the contempt in Geralt's yellow cat eyes in the close up of the cut scene at the end of the first chapter of the Witcher I, when you choose to protect Abigail and he speaks to the hypocritical villagers. Every time I see this I do get serious goosebumps. One of the most climatic and chillingly emotional moments in the whole game in my humble opinion.

Jumping from the top of a tower to thrust a sword in mid air into a dragon, doing some barrellrolls in the back of the dragon and then force it to land into a giant spike like it's no big deal was pretty awesome.

Honestly, I think the single coolest thing about this series isn't the depth or the complexity of the storytelling, the fantastic gameplay, or even the visuals. It's the fact that you can see how much effort and love is put into it. In a market of games that are practically churned out of a machine with next to no soul or effort, Witcher games have always stood out to me as paragons of the medium.

When Witcher 2 came out, I had just finished reading the 2 English books after completing the first PC game. I was infatuated with the world. I needed more of it, and I could not wait to play Witcher 2 in all of its splendor. Bought it day 1 and as soon as I had completed the tutorial and landed in Flotsam...I couldn't keep going. It was perfect. The atmosphere, the music, the immersion of it all just made me want to stay there. It made me want to be involved in the town's life. I didn't think of it as a passing-through point. I thought "I want to see the entire world with quaint little villages like this plagued by troubles far beyond their reach, and I want to save them." From the looks of it, Witcher 3 is going to be perfect for this. The side quests and the open world aspect of it really let you take on the role of Geralt in a whole new way and I couldn't be more excited.

Everything about my first playthrough of Witcher 2 was a memorable experience. And here I am again, desperately awaiting 3's release knowing it will be even more of an experience than the other two combined. Not to mention Times of Contempt finally getting an English release soon.

It's a good time to be a fan of the Witcher series.

My favourite moment was (spoiler alert) in Witcher 1, entering the New Naracort for my special meeting and seeing Captain Vincent waiting for me. Realising that my choice hadn't just helped me, but had meant he and Carmen could be together, be happy. I loved the cutscene where Geralt describes it as a fairy tale, because for me it really was, and one I took part in. It's particularly touching if you made the other choice previously, because you know what Carmen suffered, and you know how much this happy ending must mean to her. Seeing her with him in Chapter five and hearing that they got married, I found it so touching. Knowing my actions had impacted their lives so strongly, and for once, made things better.

"Lost causes are worth a struggle." I always tear up at that line.

I think the most interesting, at least to me was how realistic the world was on racial and cultural relations. The animosity say between the Witchers and the humans, or the pushing of Elves into ghettos really reminds you that the classical medieval image of most fantasy games, where everyone lived in peace and held their hands together until an outside evil arose is so very false. This really brought me into the politics of the game, and made me question the sources and the validity of the animosity between the different races and cultures within the Witcher. But that only made me find another thing about the Witcher that I appreciated on a much deeper level- much like our world, it is an imperfect world. While it might be graphically beautiful and you may find yourself staring at many of the characters (Triss huh? ;),) It is not perfect, and you get reminded of it constantly. People can untrustworthy, dangers loom at every corner and hatred is far more prevalent than love. But because of how closely related it is, again, it brought me in deeper into the experience. In a way, I almost wished that Geralt wasn't the star of the Witcher and you could create your own character on the side, perhaps in an online mode, just to habituate this world that Andrzej created and to see what would it be like to live in it? But then I remember that Geralt is awesome, now with the addition of a beard. And lets be honest, when all's said and done, how much more to life is there than beards?

For me it had to be during the witcher two whilst searching for the rose of remembrance you came across the old elven ruins completely surrounded by wild flowers which then you found yourself falling into the ruined elven baths. such scenery was breathtaking and so rewarding to have the option to bask in this beauty with Gerald and Trist for that one scene. The lighting and the décor was a true piece of art and it certainly helped capture the moment between these two character had you chosen to take up the option of the bath.

To me actually the most memorable thing was not a moment, a dialogue line or consequence of an action. It was really a location. I have never really experienced such connection towards a game before. But when I entered the "Fields" location, it was almost like magic.

It was not impressive in a way that most areas in games usually try to be impressive in - huge, cluttered with stuff or giant monsters. This was different, simple, elegant, slavic, too. It felt so familiar, like a distant memory of your youth, like when you closed your eyes, you could see it, be there. Remember the raspberry patch? The way raspberry plant actually looked like a raspberry plant... I cannot seem to be able to grasp, why this location makes me feel so sentimental, but it does. Other games just never got to me as much - none was this real. And yes, I realize that there were monsters and ghosts and prophecies and it's all based on a book. But the characters, emotions and this area especially made it feel real.

There are so many moments in that game... How can I choose one? The wild hunt, the "secret" missions, the areas... aaaarrrrfff^^

(Spoileralarm)
Ok, well the best moment for me was, when Letho joined the storyline in the second chapter. And like the first part, everything isn't like it seems ;) He is not the bad guy, he got his reasons and you can understand him. When you played the first part, you can understand him more then befor. That's why I love the part, when you realize, that he want to put his Clan of Snakes back into the old days. He try to give you a hand and you can decide to let him go.

That's why I let him go and that's why he is my favorite character (next to Gerald for sure), and that's why I will make some cosplay of him. :D

Cheers
Jaba aka Alex

The Hung Over in Flotsam, that's the most hilarious scene that I ever seen in a game!

Its like:

I'm a Witcher, have a little alcoholic problem, don't remember anything and that makes me so pissed...but wait, where are my pants?! What kind of cruel monster did this with me!? Wait... I HAVE A TATOO IN MY NECK!? I'll never tell this to triss she'll laugh to death!

The best moment for me was the ending of the first game.
I've thought it was so brilliant so I made my dad to play the whole game.
He was and still is not into RPG genre but he likes graphics and the atmosphere and although he didn't ever said it, he really likes the story line.
So after few days he has finally finished the game, but he didn't get it. He didn't understand who was the Grandmaster Jacques so I tried to explain him. The face he made was so great i wont ever forget it.
He was so surprised and amazed he wouldn't believe that Jacques was Alvin and instantly start the game all over again, something he never did before.
I was so happy he liked it, because we don't really talk to each other and suddenly Witcher becomes our favourite topic. He sometimes even ask about the plot in the books and I am really grateful for that.
He was thinking I am childish and not mature for loving fantasy but thanks to Witcher games he have realised that fantasy is for adults too.

My favorit Moment was when i saw the Trailer with Letho killing the King on the ship.
the Graveyard in the Prolog of tw2 with max settings, you step out the sun dawns, great scene.
Or when u see Saskia transform for the first time.

My favourite moments in Witcher series is where you can just lay down and relax with your friends, no matter if this is Zoltan and Dandelion or Triss or Roche, talking to them with a frothy tankard of ale can keep your mind off of the high intrigue and danger of the Witcher world - if only for a little while.

Another is the fact that no matter what you choose there will be unforseen consequences. For example, in the "Little sisters" quest I sided with the wraiths which thanked me for my services and then feasted on the poor innocent man's soul. I felt horrible at what I had done after killing the malicious wraiths. Things like this give the game much more impact - my thoughts on it even after I had switched the game off.

My downright favourite moment are the high political intrigues and how the story unfolded during the talks at Loc Muinne; where it became obvious that it was Nilfgaard who was manipulating events to stage an invasion. The build-up and tension at the moment unravelled but still remained tense. It was a shocking and plot-thickening revelation and really invested me in the world whereas before, where I was solely invested in the characters.

The most amazing thing to me came only after reading the books and following up with a third playthrough.

I've always told my friends that the game was a game of geopolitics, and my fondness only multiplied when I realized that there were no correct choices to be made.

Each and every character, held something questionable to their past. Philippa or Triss, Stennis or Radovid, Berengar or Letho--these characters could be judged only by what they decided to do for themselves, and indeed, what they decided to do was not "wrong" by any means--it just yielded different outcomes.

How tiresome for Geralt, then, to be one of the edges of destiny? Do you try to move the pieces around the board, or do you just acknowledge yourself as a piece to be moved?

Geralt is more than just a protagonist with superhuman agility. He's actually weak, because he alone can't fight against the constant rippling and reverberating of consequence throughout his time. He's weak to fight against that, and even though he makes his stand by "killing monsters," you know that at some point it's not going to be enough. Fatigue will set in, and eventually he'll start to question his motives.

I don't think anything sold that to me more than the moment when I decided to save Saskia over Triss. The consequences of that--walking through Loc Muinne with piles of bodies and blood everywhere, spoke volumes about the weight that Geralt carried on his shoulders and the kind of world he was living in. It was a stark image to see the three of them walking out of that city, battered and bruised, knowing what they had been involved in.

How will the witch hunt affect the rest of the North? When will Geralt realize the limits of his role in the world? I can only wait until the next game. :)

There was a place in Witcher 1 where when you save a witch later you need to fight some mad dog spirits, i was fighting for 20 min, running around, using spells, skills, doing all, and no, dog kills me, and lot of times i tried to do that, i dont know what was the problem, when my neighbor was playing same place, he killed those dogs with 3 hits, i was sitting next to him that moment with huge eyes (i only get over that place by using cheats or something, not sure) and that was so hurting me :D

And of course in witcher 1 it was running around all female ingame characters and try to figure out if i can get from her card or not (if game took 30 hours of play, than runing around finding cards took + 5 hours :D

My favorite moments of the witcher series was playing the whole franchise, TW and TW2 in one go.

After that reading the books and replaying both games and seeing some references here and there.
So to pin point one or two favorite moments would be hard for me right now, so it would definitly my playthroughs of the games... And talking with Zoltan about the meaning of life in TW. :p

Top Bottom