Your favorite Witcher moments - Contest

+
The story of Moril, the elf girl who was kidnapped by Loredo.. her sad life and death, the moment in which Geralt can slap the soldier who offended her, and, most important, the moment in which Seherim say him bye, in silence, with Moril's daughter in his arms

By far the greatest moment in all of Witcher is the bath scene with triss. Hands down :)
OK seriously now I loved the last geralt/letho showdown and the boss fight with the draug.

The memory that stands out the most in my mind is playing the Witcher 1 on hard the first time through and not knowing how to get more swallow potions; it was SO painful :[

Luckily I made a new game on an easier mode and figured it out :D

I remember receiving my Witcher 2 collectors edition and installing the game ASAP.
I was asked to choose difficulty and of course I chose Insane. Cocky as I went into the game, my first decision was the most memorable. When choosing in what order you play the introductory chapter (in Roche's interrogation), one of the options immediately popped-out: "...DRAGON" (an option that has since been removed in a patch).
I must have died 15 times almost instantly trying to get past the Dragon! Finally I chose hard (and then medium and then easy) difficulty setting, but was adamant to get past the dragon section first.
It was so rewarding when I finally did. :D
I love the freedom the Witcher series gives you and how it doesn't dumb down for the masses.

That will definitely be the moment Geralt killed the Grandmaster in The Witcher 1 when he used his silver sword instead of steel and said it's the sword for monsters. I feel this was a turning point in the series. And after seeing the trailer for The Witcher 3 when Geralt replied: "Killing Monsters" I felt the game was so alive because I felt that Geralt is still the same Geralt and it's just amazing. I can't really describe it properly. Also the cutscene at the end of Witcher 1 when the assassin tries to kill Foltest. That was quite unforgettable.

The Moment? It was not only one Moment - it was the whole Witcher 1 Experience, a truly Holistic one! The Music, the Characters, the possibilities - and especially the Story - worth a Movie!
It was an awakening Moment the first Time of Play! I played Game 1 over and over again. And the Sequels? PHANTASTIC! Thanks to all of CDP.

My favorite memory of Geralt... hmm... I feel like the most memorable thing about the games is Geralt himself. I love his comments and complaints about things. Thanks to playing the game I managed to burn out a video card! While waiting for the new one (and using a really old one so I could at least check my mail) I ended up ordering a book about Geralt, and some of his adventures. My favorite story there is the one where he defeated the genie, and first met up with our favorite spell caster.
Once i finally got my new video card installed the world was that much more interesting to me. You guys really did take the feel of the story and give it an image. I admit that i have yet to get the second one, but am hoping to get it soon. However i always feel like I have missed something int eh first one, and find myself going back to it, to try it again in a different way. My favorite part, is all of it... but especially Geralt. He's quite the character, and I think he is my favorite fictional male character out there. I kind of wish to see a movie, but I don't think any actor out there could play him right....
Thanks for all of your hard work on these games... I think I hear Geralt calling me to come the play some more....

After playing "The Witcher" and "The witcher2" the only thing I can say is thank you. With your videogames you gave me the chance to know Andrzej Sapkowski's work. He became one on my favourite writers. Yes, your videogames are excellent products yet I think that your very best goal has been to push people to be more involved and interested in this fascinating fantasy world. You did a good job I hope to be even more impressed with the third chapter!

I ordered Witcher game and new pc at the same time. Game was in my home 3 days earlier than my new pc, and my fun with game have started. I was 16 back then(ya, shame on me) and i have read short quide and manual(repeatedly), i was listining to kickass soundtruck. I had 3 MORE DAYS with m game, simply becose developer add those things to box. That's my best Witcher game memory, thanks to people, who gave me something, although they didn't had to. Thank u guys. :*

Simply: The ending of the original witcher. The moment when you put it all together and all the questions it left for the future. That made my day.

If I have to be honest, I would say that, most entertaining and funny thing from games is contained by the first production - the Witcher. It is something, that won't stop making me lalugh. I am, of course, talking about the way Geralt used to run in the first game. He was holding his sword above his head, and looked like some kind of quasimodo incarnation, or someone, who cannot move properly or is challanged in some way, but still the game was great.

You know, i want to get drunk, but im alone... and drinking alone is as bad, as shitting in company.

During my first playthrough of "The Witcher" (first one) I decided to follow the neutral path as I found it most appealing. I always tried to make choices which would avoid unnecessary killing or that would 'cause any other kind of significant loss to either side of conflict. The next part will reveal spoilers about what happens in the first game at certain point and what following neutral path will cause.

During the Chapter III I got the Gold Rush (Bank Robbery) quest. I sneaked in the bank alone, negotiated with the non-humans and decided to help them to escape to avoid unnecessary conflict. Once we entered the sewers the group said that group of human pursuers were coming to get 'em and I should help them to kill them. I, as a neutral character, refused to help them to kill humans and we parted our ways.
After this event I found that being neutral wasn't going to do me any favors no more. Everyone hated me. Humans thought that I had sided with the non-humans when I helped them to escape and the non-humans hated me for abandoning them in the sewers and not helping to kill their pursuers. I wasn't even able to buy the upgraded armor that I had been saving money for for a long time 'cause the merchant didn't want to make a trade with a "traitor" like me. This part was really memorable for me and really showed me that staying neutral might actually be a lot harder and more troublesome path than simply picking a side in the war.

Starting Chap 4 in TW1, finally being out of the stinking city and having fresh air and vast plains to run through. Chapter 4 is my favourite part of that game for many reasons, but the atmosphere is definitely one of the top ones.

The Visionary's Vision, and Geralt waking up afterwards saying "Welp, no one needs to hear about that one".

This last playthrough had some less than desirable results, the loss of the Blue Stripes and the witch hunts in Loc Muinne were the ones that stuck out the most, I was resolute in not going back in saves to try and fix things, but I definitely wanted to.

For me the funniest things were references to the polish culture:
- the beggar in vizima screaming "where is law and justice?!"
- a dialog witch the old man on swamps and geralt's line "P**s off, you old git"
- the line from the one of the additional adventures from the polish movie "Nic śmiesznego"
And many many more ;)

Having to choose whether to join forces with the scoiatel(because of the way elves are treated by humans) or with Roche.(Who helped you before and saved your life)
The game often makes you choose hard choices which i love.

Sorry my bad english ;)

I began The Witcher 1 and, yeah, it was another game more, i played a little until i arrived to the speech of Geralt defending Abigail from the people of the village, since this moment i fell in love with the saga and can't stop playing, replaying and reading the books

THANKS CD PROJEKT

My favourite part ? Omitting that Geralt is one of the most dark, mature and charismatic and personal favourite of mine, character of all time, from the books to this awesome videoludic redirection, I've REALLY enjoyed the side quest called "The Secret of Loc Muinne" activable when you reach Loc Muinne, if you had chosen Iorveth as your ally. That part when you reach the Dearhenna laboratory and you have to solve two riddles, where you have to be smart and use your brain, try to trick the golem on the right way without killing him, was very challenging and satisfying.

At least you can use even your mind in TW2, instead of unshethe your sword to left and right, trying to kill little annoying drowners.

That's something surprisingly engaging and unforgettable !

Spoiler

When Saskia has been poisoned and Philippa Eilhart has given a list for items she'll need to cure her. She needed a source of power, and saw: "... or one of the twenty legendary rings os power would be best", and then Ioverth: "One, to bring them all and the darkness bind them" and Gerlat was like "Right... and then I'll have to run bare-footed to the top of vulcano."
When I played it was the middle of the night and I laughed so loud that my whole family awake. They did not find so funny...

I think "The Secret of LocMuinne" is the best quest ever. It was the most interest and challenging quest in TW2. When I maked it my friend was there and he saw something like this: "WTF there need to use your brain!" then I replied "You don't say?! This whole game about using your brain. This is why I like so much!"

When I played the Witcher1 2th time, in the end i heard the song "Belive", i liked so much that i have learned to play in guitar. Even today this song in my phone, and when i'm sad its make me feel like "the hell whit life, if i can go to Witcher-world x]"

Sorry for poor english. :]

Top Bottom