Your favorite Witcher moments - Contest

+
My favourite moments from TW1 are walking around vizima outskirts during the day, the swamp during rain en the trade quarter (day or night). All these locations had a certain feel to them that made it enjoyable just walking around in them (save for the overabundance of drowners in the swamp
). Kalkstein was one of my favourite npc's from TW1. I hope to see him in TW3. Perhaps then Geralt will be able to ask him about his gnomish heritage

My favourite moments from TW2. The quest a sackful of fluff, where you collect harpy feathers for Elthon, was great. Especially the trophy, which made for some hilarious screenshots. And just walking in Vergen and talking to your old friends, wondering what the connecting is between Sheldon and pigs. The city is just beautiful and the music fits perfectly.

My next favourite moment will be when I start playing TW3 (really looking forward to it).

1. Finding out about the Witcher games after watching the "Hexer" Polish series (great series by-the-way, despite some non-canonical and special-effects issues). Realizing that I could actually explore that world in a game was amazing!

2. Finishing TW2 a second time, following a different "path", and then watching the ending cutscene and realizing that it was COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! That totally blew my mind!

***spoiler***
realizing triss' plot with the rose of remembrance (the reason why i let letho to live)

listening story of seltkirk of gulet from dwarves, dwarves were perfect story tellers.

best moment award goes to....... the entire game. the game was full of details, needed to be investigated very carefully which is actually a hard task but perfect story telling just made it a wonderful experience.

The witcher is the most mature rpg video game I've played ; I love the moment in the witcher 2 when Geralt finds the remembrance rose, and fall into the cave with Triss : they both had a hard time and make love in the water, a wonderful scene of enchantment. I found funny that Triss use magic to take off her clothes instantly, as if she waited for that since a while. There's a few very funny dialogues too, speaking about a powerful magic ring to rule them all and in the darkness bind them. Geralt is a surprising character running in a deep and dark story. I love when the dragon attack us and we don't know it's Saskia, we don't know where it's from nor what does it want, we can just run for our lives and that's thrilling. There are some choices we make that really change the relations with all characters, like when we're looking for support to put saskia on the throne. We have to investigate on different characters, to know what they think and what kind of persons they are, and that give a very realistic dimension to the game. I appreciated the fact we could decide whether to kill Letho or not, but frustrated that we couldn't kill Philippa. I found her way to change side and show her true nature very surprising and that's one ot the things I love about the witcher : it's always full of surprises, and we never know how things will end nor who's gonna die or not.

The game's not an event, so I don't treat it as one, but what made the Witcher so very special for me was the fact that I knew Geralt from the whole saga... Making the same mistakes, although my choices were different, I had my heart broken so many times when Geralt would fall victim to the other edge of the sword of destiny, choosing between Shani and Triss, trusting Yaevinn or failing Roshe, once again falling victim to the intrigues of the sorceresses. The epic is an emotional ride like no other, PERIOD.

My most memorable moment in the Witcher was fighting Dagon. I remember the beautiful landscape with the birds soaring around the reflecting lake and the underwater staircase that possibly led to the underwater city. The cut-scene with the Dagon swimming towards Geralt with his acolytes made me sit up from my chair. I was playing on hard difficulty so when i saw that coming i realized i had forgotten to put on my potions. That fight took forever since it took me a bit to realize that i couldn't harm Dagon himself but just his followers. I was a sign user so i kept using Incineration (I think that's what it was called)and kiting around the area. It was awesome. />

When Cecil was telling the story of the battle that happened three years ago at Vergen, and What seltkirk and Vandergrift did.
on a side note, one of the funniest conversation in the game is the one in the dungeon of the la valette castle with Vernon :D

I've thoroughly enjoyed both games and though I thought The Witcher 2 was a little on the short side, it more than made up for it in the shear level of detail in the world and I can clearly recall two things that made me stop and go "wow".

First was in Flotsam. I was ambling around the town somewhere along the docks when the heavens opened. Geralt has no fear of a mere storm, but then I noticed the townsfolk running past me and gathering under a nearby walkway for shelter. A brilliant example of npc's reacting to their environment.

The second was when I was out in the wilds and for some reason, I had stopped to wait in a clearing. I think I had been intending to watch something from a distance while I determined how to proceed. As I watched, I saw the shadows cast by nearby trees slowly creeping across the ground, in essence moving with the sun.

I think these little details really show how much passion CDPR have for their craft. Not only can you create an engaging story with great character interactions and moral choices in your actions, they also put that same great effort into the look and feel of the world in way I've never seen before.

Oh it's simply - it's every talk with Thalar in witcher 1 , and letter from Talar in witcher 2 - I fuc*ing love this character - and when I was listening a letter in Witcher 2 - I almost fall from chair laughing - it's masterpiece. Second thing on my own list is songs in the background - in the tavern, camp - for details like this I love this games - and all book's also. You doing great thing - wish You luck and can't wait to see Wither 3. Keep it up!! :)

Well, this game is itself unforgettable. The whole story amazed me.

At The Witcher I won´t forget how Alvin run to the gate with barghest behind... WTF?? What´s going on? And At island before an idol was my favorite beatiful place.

The Witcher 2 there got me fallen Assassin next to the broken cart with hay :D

But what i really appreciate is making decisions that affect the entire course of the game. Why not kill entire village just because Abigail? And fucking evryone... You can´t do this anywhere else :)

(sry for my English, I´m Czech)

It was the dialogue between Geralt and Ramsmeat. When you accuse Ramy of being a suspect and then he answers - "Witcher, do I look like a whore to you?"
Geralt thinks this over a bit and answers - "... No."
Ramy - "Then why are you tryin' to fuck me?"
I laughed so hard. It was just the way he said it, being all muscular, unattractive and full of scars. :D/>/>

But really guys.. Awesome job. Love ya. ♥

my best moment ... hahah 6years ago .. when i saw the first picture of The Witcher. :)
i knews it would be a great game..

In Witcher 1:
I was really amazed by cut-scenes, their quality and in-game execution. Especially memorable for me was when Geralt received Aerondight or when he entered the order's castle to face The Grand Master. They had everything - they were well suited in the plot, they had "that" film look and finally - they felt for me so epic and emotional that I couln't believe that I'am playing "just" a game. A believe that sense of epicness and emotionality sold me completly to The Witcher series.

In Witcher 2:
It feels somehow unfair to choose one thing that amazed me in second game. It was so stunning on every step, that I literally put a pillow on my desk to not make too much noise on each jaw drop. But the one thing I will always remeber about Witcher 2 is the feeling when I passed the game for first time with Roche and just after it I made a second call with Iorveth. I believe I don't have to write more. I knew that these paths were going to be different but the way it was organized and how these two plots were corresponding, telling the story from different angles - left me really amazed (and, to be honest, the amazement still lasts).

My memories are pretty recent , Christmas 2011, i got both games as a present at the same time i got sick with measles so i had to stay home , home with 2 great games . My most fond memories of both games are : the atmosphere of chapter IV in the first witcher so many beautifull location+ that great music and i love the beginning of the game specially the battle tutorial at Kaer Morhen where you fight waves of enemies and the track "Last battle" makes you go crazy on them :)) the whole atmosphere of that section feels empowering

My favorite scene of the second game is the love scene with Geralt and Triss in the elven ruins , everything works their body language,the ruins look gorgeous,their movements are flawless specially the part with Geralt trying to get off his shoes and Triss just pulls him in the water, it feels very natural and the funny part at the end with the Scoia'tael group where the elf tells the legend of the elven lovers and how you can still hear them , the dwarf actually hears Geralt and Triss in the ruins and he's like WTF
Other great moment is the Lord of the rings reference with Iorveth
Iorveth: "One to gather, and in the darkness bind them all?"
Geralt: "Yeah, and next thing you know I'll be running barefoot to the top of some volcano."
Philippa: "Okay, okay, forget the rings....

Loved the entire game, hands down best game I have ever played! Now with that out of the way, I must say that I loved the adult theme the game had, the hookers, the boozing, the language and the Geralt's game decision process.

Best moments were figuring out how to bed the babes! Once accomplished I tried some of Geralt's slick moves/sayings in the real world only to strike out or get slapped! :)

Oh to be a hero in the Witcher series; better than starring in one of those TV beer commercials!

Gotta say The scene when Philippa Eilhart's eyes get poked out.
There are many awesome moments in The Witcher 1 and 2 but this one really stood out for me because this was a unique level of cruelty in my opinion that I rarely see in games if at all, shows the game has no bounds in any level to deliver a much stronger message story wise than it could have been otherwise and emphasize a point in the story and that's pretty awesome to me!

Outstanding moments? Too many to list, but here we go.

The Witcher 1:
Geralt's quote about his two swords. "They're both for monsters." That line stuck, and it made me a Geralt fan for all time. Short and insightful.

Figuring out the plot about the Beast, where it came from and how all these charming people were involved. That was the moment when I realized that yes, this was exactly the type of game I wanted to play, and boy I wasn't disappointed.

The "Vizima Confidential" quest and how it did NOT insult my intelligence by feeding me more and more clues and journal entries until only one suspect remained. No, I could decide for myself and be wrong and the game could handle it!

Shani's party and how different it turns out depending on who got invited!

The last chapter and Vizima burning, and ghouls feeding on the corpses of the freshly slain in every other side street. No big speeches, no tearful announcements from some emo characters, but just an extremely effective approach of "show, don't tell". The city was going to hell, and you needed no frigging dramatic speech to know it, you saw it EVERYWHERE!

The Witcher 2:
The first step out of the tent and realizing how awesome the game looked! (Well, Triss was looking pretty awesome too just moments before).

Following King Foltest and Fitz-Oesterlen through the lines of Temerians, with the king talking to the arbalester and that scarred soldier. "Those who did that live no more!" How Foltest seemed generous to those who served him well, but a lying ruthless bastard to those who opposed him ("Surrender and you will be treated well", yeah, heh). Without any character telling me, I concluded that he was a good king... not a nice one, mind you, but a good one. Good as in "effective". And that in turn made me care about his death, no emo crap required.

Roche and Iorveth. Both flawed characters and yet likeable. I have a hard time deciding who to side with every time I play, and that's saying something. It's the complete opposite of some other game released in the same year as TW2, where I really really didn't want to join any side but frigging HAD TO!

The moment where Geralt meets his friend again in the tavern. That first big conversation is a favorite moment, simply because I like the atmosphere and dialogues so much. Zoltan's tale of his failed marriage cracks me up every time.

Finding out how different Chapter 2 turns out depending on who you side with. That was an utter jaw-dropper.

The conversations with the surviving veterans and the ghosts of veterans of chapter 2. Usually, the word "visitor" is a rather harmless one, but those conversations made me associate it with something really terrible.

Letho. Vodka. Enough said.

The artbook from the collector's edition was awesome. It truly opened my eyes about how much care and love had been put into the design of the game. Needless to say, my next play-through was a lot slower and with a lot more looking at all the details. No one should just rush into Foltest's siege tower without giving the whole thing a good look first. It deserves it.

Generally, Geralt as a character and his dialogue work incredibly well for me. Whenever I see the possible replies he can give, there's pretty much every time something that fits exactly my thoughts about the situation and I just go with instinct and gut-feeling instead of pondering how which choice may affect some morality meter. Feels very natural.

The way the games handle conflict, character motivation and such. Kudos.

The first time I played The Witcher, the combat hit me like a sledgehammer! It was new, ingenious and vigorating. I loved it! The next thing was the world (3 days later I went running and bought the witcher - The last wish). It took hold of me and sucked me in. I stayed there for a long time. When The Witcher 2 came along there was no option. I pre-ordered the collectors editon right away! When it arrived and I started playing it, it was like a punch to the stomach. I got thrown into a brutal fight with almost no warning on the top of a castle wall. I LOVED it! It was so true to the image of geralt. Next came the graphics! How amazing it was!!! I have to get my hands on a The witcher 3 collectors editon... I live with the bust of geralt watching me from the shelf everyday.. I think he aproves! :)
and as a ending note, the fact that the games were DRM free and was fronted by CDPR (and GOG), was a HUGE influnce for my choince of buying them :)

Top Bottom