Your favorite Witcher moments - Contest

+
Both games are amazing,wonderful stories incredible graphics and optimized to run beautifully.
But the best thing about the Witcher series is CD Projekt Red themselves,I have never seen a company put their fans first so much as you guys!
For Example:Unhappy with the first Witcher game,what do you do,you rebuild it from the ground up,fantastic!!!
:DRM is affecting your fans enjoyment,solution?Kill the DRM.

I mean really guys you are the best,I hope you always keep your Independence,you really are a diamond in the rough in times when Developers and publishers screw over their fans time and time again,you guys have stuck to your values.

And for that I will always be your biggest advocate,never change guys keep doing what you do best.

Just keep making those incredible games..Big <3

My most memorable moment in The Witcher series was in The Witcher 2, during act 3 where the choice finally fell upon me to decide whether to go save Triss, or Anais; I felt like I couldn't let Geralt's friend and lover down, but at the same time, I knew that leaving Anais would mean leaving Temeria weak and potentially on the verge of civil war from the barons seeking power, and also throwing my companion Roche into the coals by destroying the country that has given him a home and position with which to defend it.
It was a truly gut-wrenching decision between Geralt's happiness, and the happiness of thousands of Temerians including Roche, Ves, and so many others.
In the end, I had to save Triss, knowing that I could be leaving Roche and an innocent child to die, just for the happiness of me and Triss, who had been dragged into the political foray, but I knew that whilst saving Anais could have the potential to save Temeria, I knew that with my strength I could definitely save Triss, or at least kill those directly responsible should the worse have happened...

Spoilers

For me, the most memorable moment out of both Witcher games. Was confronting the Grand Master at the end of the Witcher. The whole war leading up to that moment. Going through the terrible "future" he was showing me. Before that even, talking to him.. The realisation that he might be Alvin... Completely blew me away, I some how felt responsible for all of the events.. I felt guilty yet angry. It was an amazing experience that I will never forget.

Och I love all the Dandelion and Geralt moments but my favourite is when they had to check what's going on with the succubus in "With Flickering Heart".
Dandelion sang so pretty poem full of charm and sweet words, even I could call him "gorgeous" :p And then, seeing him with that stupid happy face made me really smile.
I love that side of him! Silly and gullible Dandelion who will expose even his life just to try new kind of love :D Hahaha and Geralt: 'Fucking idiot actually went in! I got him into this mess, I'd better get the fool out.'
Friends for life :)

The first time I played The Witcher 2, I sided with Roche and I remember seeing a glimpse of Saskia the Dragonslayer at the beginning of Act II and being really intrigued by her character and the idea of the peasant queen. I was hoping to see more of her as the plot progressed but (at least to my knowledge at the time) our paths didn't cross again. I sided with Iorveth my second time through and never expected for it to lead to such a Saskia-centric story. It was so impressive to play a game where I wished there was more of a character, only to find out that, if I chose, I could play a story so drastically different that a minor character in the first story arc became a major character in another. I think the Witcher games have developed an entirely new kind of plot twist, the kind where (Spoiler!) you get halfway through an alternate playthrough and suddenly realize... "I can't believe I killed that dragon last time."
I think this series has achieved what all the other games that emphasize choice were trying to achieve, to the extent where you can't even imagine how to weigh a decision because you have no idea what consequences could occur. If I had never played through Iorveth's path, I would never have thought twice about killing that dragon, but in a parallel playthrough...

I love the game because of the system that it runs on, and i am talking about the choice and consequence aspect of it.
The story for both games were awesome and the books are simply amazing, but if i had to chose a favorite part from the games i would not be able to chose one,but the most memorable one for me was the ending of the first game...Just a side note i must say that every character in game has his own personality that is very well developed and well written that make you love them or hate them, witch in my opinion is awesome, so keep it up guys.

My favorite thing about the Witcher series must be the way Geralt has to handle all his consequences for all the decisions he has made, and the way Geralts charater reacts to certain events how he tries to stay neutral but because he has feelings (which he shouldn't have) then he usally does the "right" and by right i mean the player POV of right and wrong. And that is why i love the Witcher series because it lets the players choose what is right and what is wrong, and this quote from Witcher 1 "There is no right or wrong only choices and their consequences" (might not be 100% accurate) has become a moto i live by.

Both games were awesome, but playing the first one for the first time was the ultimate experience in my gaming life, beautiful storyline, environment, conversations, etc - absolutely stunning. Just remembering how I used to wander all around the map, collecting plants, listening to the most beautiful music, questing (or better say killing monsters), talking to NPCs, meeting Geralt's friends and foes - all amazing. After completing the game I immediately bought some of the books and read them, needles to say, the books are as amazing as the games (or is it the other way around?). Anyway this saga left me in awe, all thanks to this game, CDPR and Mr. Andrzej Sapkowski. Anyway, I strongly advise those who haven't read the books yet to do so, and those who haven't played the games to do it too - no excuses, and those who won't, well, guess they'll never learn, there is also a movie and a TV series, low budget, but not bad, I liked them (call me a fanatic). Alright I've already written too much, and I could write a thousand times more, but there's no need I guess. Thanks for reading and remember: The sword of Destiny has two edges, and you are one of them. P.S. I'm so glad TW3 won that Golden Joystick Award, you definitely deserve it, and much more. Looking forward to buying and playing the final part of the saga. Now I'm gonna go and play some dice poker with my friends and drink some beer.
Cheers!

"Power, sex. Sex, Power. They both come down to one thing - f ing others."

My favorite moment was listening to the track 'Path of a King Slayer' while biking at 6:00am every morning, not an in game moment but a beautiful mixed moment, the Witcher 2 OST is amazing.

"You have two options. Wait until I leave and try to murder Abigail, but then I'll come back. I'll slay every lice-ridden peasant, anything that moves and can't climb a tree.Or you can try to lead honorable lives, clear your conscience, and start again... like humans. The choice is yours."

I also had a really nice moment during the first fight with Letho in the Witcher 2 where if I was Geralt, I wouldn't be able to control myself, I'd have to say, "Dude, I totally just had sex right where we're fighting right now."

The best moment for me - W1, party at Shani's house. So sweet and warm. Drinking with old friends, remembering old days and funny stories (have read all withcher novels), than looking for more drinks - just awesome! There was similar moment in W2 - drinking with Roche's squad and a hangover after. Great moments, wish there were more similar stuff - gives the game depth, makes you to believe in the story, makes Geralt more human-like, not like regular world saving flat action-superhero.

I remember as my best moment in The Witcher, when Geralt came into an Inn in the Village in chapter 4, and I asked to the inner to tell me some story and he began to told me one about a girl who was princess, witcher and sorceress. I was listening to the end of the last book of Geralt's saga a year and a half before it was published in Spain!!! I remember that I couldn't believe that the story ends in that way. Really guys, you broke me in pieces but I love you for your work!

The Witcher

I loved the side games yo can play such as the fist fights and Dice poker, two of my favorites were, Zdenek, an old man that loves to scrap as the last fist fight. And king Foltest as the last person you play in Dice poker.

Threesome with the nurses..and those sex cards.

Being able to meet King of the Wild Hunt very early on in the game.

The Witcher 2

Drinking with Letho was cool, and giant cocks acid trip was hilarious.

Story wise I actually loved the politics of the game and how fucking deep it is. By the end of the game it was really hard to make a choice.

Both

The music really sets the tone of both games very well in various moments that makes me remember what each of them indicate when the play or create an amazing atmosphere and mood.

The characters in both games are well written, and I love many of them, which made many choices I made that much harder when the time came.

I can only relate to my favourite moments from TW1, I haven't got enough powerful PC to run my TW2 Collectors edition's yet (should have this November).

My favorite moments then would be first time seeing Berengar, the explanation of what happened and why it happened when talking to lady of the lake.
Playing through chapter IV, making the best armor, playing the game 3x as neutral :p/>. Feeling like a badass throughout the game :D/>, and the potions which made the fights more balanced on hard difficulty even though a bit too easy towards the end. I also loved the fact when I find out about second TW coming during the epilogue trailer with the Assassin and the king.

If I don't win The Witcher medallion can you please put it as merchandise I would love to buy one and wouldn't mind paying 25 pounds for it if I had to.

Can't wait for TW3, about to start reading all TW books for the 2nd time from start. Thank you for such a beautifull game CD RED :)/>.

I guess this qualifies as a spoiler, even though it happens very early in the second game, so...

SPOILERS
The moment that had the biggest impact for me, even among all the other crazy things that go on in this series, was seeing Foltest assassinated in front of his daughter. I got quite attached to that man over the course of the first game, and it was a big shock when he almost met his end in the final cinematic scene there, but Geralt was fast enough. This time, he just couldn't make it, and he got blamed for it besides. While Foltest wasn't necessarily a good man, as nobody in this universe really is, he was good enough, and a decent king. Seeing him go down caused a great deal of shock for me, and the fact that his daughter was watching really hurt.

After W2 EE came out I went back and played it again to see the new content. At the end of the game i realized that this was just leading into the bigger picture and that Geralt's story with Triss, Letho, Roche and Yennefer was far from over.

Some of my most memorable moments in the witcher series was probably saving Abigail from the angry mob in TW1,
The Lady in the Lake, not standing for the injustice towards non-humans through both TW1 and TW2, the Siege of Vergen, standing true to my beliefs and saving Saskia. And the death of Jacques de Aldersberg whom i believe is a certain boy i saved from some Barghest. Completing the trial of the attempt on Saskias Life. The Death of Cedric. Reminiscing with old friends at Shanis place. The forest of Flotsam was a sight to behold.. This series is the same as Mass Effect in terms of emotionally engaging storytelling and i love it. I believe that The Witcher 3 will bring forth even more emotions and i can't wait to play it :)

The most memorable moment for me was while playing Witcher 2 and on Iorveth's path. You had to make the choice of turning Stennis over to the mob or letting him be judged by his peers for poisoning Saskia. The first time I got there I saved my game, and I remember agonising over it! I walked up and down the room trying to think of consequences of either action! After about two HOURS of suffering it suddenly dawned on me that it is a GAME, and not real life! I had lived myself into the game so much that it felt like a real person whose fate was in my hands.

Great work for making a game where you can just lose yourself in. I look forward to Wicther 3.

Top Bottom