Your favorite Witcher moments - Contest

+
Тот самый момент когда в первой части трилогии о ведьмаке Геральте Беренгар говорит, что у Геральта во время боя открыт пах. Я тут же вспомнил момент из книги, когда Геральту в башне ломают бедро и руку.
У меня тут же накатили эмоции) И я понял, что не зря играл в Ведьмака.

Во второй части когда я играл, а друг наблюдал мы под мостом около Флотзама первый раз увидели троля. Всегда в играх и фильмах с фэнтези тематикой, троль - это что-то грозное и страшное. А тут. Тут это милое создание, у которого есть свои мысли на счет других, эмоции и самое главное...семья, которую он (троль) очень бережет. Так же и около Вергена. Была пара тролей, которые очень мне понравились и я за всю игру не убил ни одного разумного троля((( пришлось убить троля около лагеря Хенсельта, который был в каньоне(((

I think the best epic scene in whole story was wen Dethmold try to eat hes own balls!, probably Dethmold even in hell couldn't believe how beautiful he died...

Hi everyone,

The part of the game I'll always remember is the mission where you're obliged to kill Loredo. I really wanted to bring this rotter to justice. Right after the mission started I was ultra rapt. Stealthy steps all the way. Apprehension of being caught and listening to "Shadows and Conspiracies" soundtrack made my heart beat faster and I've got goose-flesh. After putting him down, I felt proud and relieved. This was really superb mission. I even created an Witcher RPG session based on "Wiedźmin: Gra Wyobraźni" in which I used this soundtrack to intesify the effects of the gameplay. Yeah, that was great!

Take care.

P.S. Big appreciation to CD Projekt team, Adam Skorupa and Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz

P.S. 2. Soundtrack I mentioned in story:
The Witcher 2 OST - Shadows and Conspiracies (#26)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ju5DihN5qs

I think the best moment(s) in the Witcher have been those that center around the injustice between races. Many different games have tried to highlight the injustice in worlds both fantasy and real world but non have quite pulled it off as well as the Witcher series. My favorite memory is entering the village of Flotsam and coming across an area dominated by non humans, most of which weren't exactly living in the best of conditions. A child talks in the background saying I want to be a witcher when I grow up. That feeling of being a role model and fighting the injustice in the world has stuck with me throughout the game, wherever there has been an opportunity to set things straight with humans I took it, not matter the reward or the reasons, I simply did it because it was the right thing to do.

The Killing Monsters Cinematic really brought me back to why I love to play Geralt so much. I remember watching it for the first time, seeing the woman about to be hanged and being beaten in the process. I thought to myself oh no what is he doing? Why is he just walking past? Almost shouting at my computer screen at this point and then Geralt jumps of his horse and I give a cheer knowing that he is about to deal out some serious pain to those soldiers. His statement on choosing between two types of evil was a really nice line and it summed up my thoughts on RPG games of this type.

I am looking forward to fighting injustice throughout the world in TW3.

I chose two things from the Witcher 2: the plot line (the serious one) and one particular moment (the funny one).

1. The chasm betweend Roche's patrz and the Iorweth's path

I must say I really love Vernon, so I went with him the first two times I played The Witcher 2. But then I decided to try out the secnd option (mostly because of Zoltan) and it was like night and day. Among the dwarves and elves Geralt could simply feel familiarly. There was no time of contempt ;), no swaggering, no kings worrying only about their gold and position. I loved it. Also, it's something you don't see in real life, a great story to cheer you up.

The Keyran...

It was the hell of a fight! And Sheila, soo helpful shouting "Catch him in the Yrden, catch him in the Yrden" and when i FINALLY did, she was so stunned she reamined silent for the rest of the fight - while i needed someone to shout "go to the wall!". So upsetting - typical for the witch!

Since W1 was my personal favorite game of the two, I would have to say that the most awesome moment was the first time I entered the gates of Vizima, only to be locked up in the dungeons xD
I really liked this sequence of event because it takes a very simple scenario like going through a city gate and twisting it to the point that it feels completely new and fresh.

Great work on the games CDPR, here is me hoping that the 3rd one would be as good and as or even more successful than its predecessors! :D

The funniest part of both Witcher's was mission with Sukkub in Witcher 2 :)/> Geralt as always is doing everything to protect Jaskier's life but for our bard important than his own life was "fun" with Sukkub :)/> He should be named in W3 Jaskier "Casanova - the Greatest One".

Funny was also Geralt's hangover after party with Roche people :)/> It was like in movie they made many funny things, but the best was "riding on the bi*ch a*ses" in polish "na ku*wi du*ach". Oh I forget about Geralt's lost equipment. I fell like watching Hangover movie :)/> but this was much better :p/> a "medieval hangover part I", maybe part II in Witcher 3?/> that could be funny />

The saddest moment of the game was making decisions about our friends and enemies, even Letho, cause as we know he was helping Geralt and Yennefer. But the saddest moment was Leo death's in Kaer Morhen and this music in game when he was falling down...

What is more both soundtrack's should be nominated to Oscar :)/>)

And for the end... "Chędożonko , chędożonko... gdzieś się skryła moja żonko?" :)/>

Don't forget about easter eggs in games :)/> The best one was a picture in house with Jarosław Boberek, an polish actor famous from many polish movies and tv series. He was acting an dwarf in Witcher TV Series.

There is many funny things in game and sad moments, but if we would to write them all we will need Jaskier's hand and Zoltan humor/mood.

Can't wait for W3! :D/>

I have played the witcher 2 about a year ago so maybe I didn't remember it correctly. It was quest given by Ethlon who asks Geralt to bring him many harpy feathers saying some collector needs it. After giving him his required feathers Geralt surprises him by visiting him another time & catches him wearing all feathers & admiring himself. That was the most awkward & funny conversion in Witcher 2.
Another favorite moment of witcher 2 when Philipia heals Saskia by giving her a kiss with rose petals. One of the dwarves said, "My favorite kind of magic is Lesbinisom."

I was a console gamer for years (since I was 5, and I'm 22 now). A few years ago I built a high end PC for the first time, and The Witcher was one of the first games I got for it. After getting past the tutorial and into the Vihziman Outskirts I was mesmerised by the fantastic world I was in. The tavern was a lively and comfy place to retreat to when the rain came, I had to trade with a witch to get alchemical ingrediants, and at night everyone ran away to avoid the hounds that plagued the quiet village. I instantly loved the game, and I'm sure it will remain one of my favourite games ever. I still go back to play the first game despite finishing it, and all the user made adventures, many times.

So...about an year and a half ago, one night it happended that I had just had a phone quarrel with my girlfriend and consequently I was rageplaying the witcher 2! I was like: "kill, kill, kiiiiiiiilll!!!".
I was storming througout Flotsam forest, while I came across this beautifull rose garden at the top of a hill. The landscape was so extrordinary, the light so warm, the roses so red I finally found a kind of peace and began to think straight again.
While I was wondering about how to settle difference with my girlfriend, in the game Geralt and Triss started their love affair...and than the answer to my question became clear: sex! Making love would solve the quarrel!
Than I call my girlfriend and invited her to my place to "discuss" the matter.
And you know, from there on we lived happly ever after....for about a month...then we broke up...but you know, that's...life.
Still...thanks to the Witcher I had one of the best night of my life and I learned that maybe making peace with sex is wrong...but damn it's good!
One of my best Witcher's moment :-D!

Probably one of the best moments was in the Witcher 2 game. The lone dude living not far from the harpies. He asked me to bring him harpy feathers... Brought them. Then he asked again. For more. Said it was for something big. Brought it. And again, he asked for EVEN MORE. God dammit. If Geralt starts a task, he doesn't give up. So I brought him more and he told me that was enough and told me to go away. Ok. When I knew that next quest would start the chain that wouldn't let me go back and end up in Chapter 3, I decided to visit this guy and see if he had done something... I haven't laughed so much in any of Witcher games!

To all the other gamers - if you know what I'm talking about - you know the feel :D to ones who haven't seen it - do it. Bring all the feathers. It's worth it!

And for you, my beloved CD Projekt, thank you for creating these epic games. Thank you for loving your customers as much as they love you (if not even more)! And I wish you best of luck with Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077 and all the future projects! Show everyone that you are the best. Again.

The year is 2011. Late June. I finally finished my exams and could now enjoy the game I've been waiting for so long. So I sit back, pour myself a cup of some soda to replenish liquids that will leave my body through profuse salivating due to finally getting to play the game. And so I ventured forth, I was done with Flotsam in that same day, and got to Vergen. From the other room, I hear the voice of my girlfriend. She had one last test tomorrow, and a really important one at that. So while I was enjoying myself, she was busy toiling to her studies. She tends to get quite nervous with these things so I wasn't very surprised when she walked in the room and, implicitly, sought support. So I turned away from the monitor, faced her, and just when I was about to say something comforting, motivational and awesome at the same time, a rough, accented voice boomed from the speakers: "My prick withers like an old crone's tits if I drink". I was taken aback, and was not the only one. But in a second, I recover my bearings, but again, a different voice coming from the speakers proceeds in my name: "Then tie a carrot to it.". That threw me off my tracks and both me and my girlfriend looked at each other seriously for a second, and then realized what we just heard. We laughed for a good minute or two (she also found "punk dwarves" to be highly amusing) and needless to say, she needed no motivation from me. Zoltan Chivay did it for me, and probably in a lot less time than I would have taken.

True, this isn't some epic moment of supreme awesomeness, but it'll still be one of the moments from the game that will stay with me forever (I am still with that girl btw, and she has taken an interest in the Witcher saga, buying me some books even).

I know my favorite moment will be when I meet Ciri in the Witcher 3 and I dont care if this has to be about the first two games :D

"Who are you?"

"Emhyr var Emreis, spice merchant."

"A trader?"

"In spices."

"Uh-huh..."

I didn't get the joke the first time I played the game, that's why I really enjoyed my second and third playthrough. You notice so many new things in this game every time you play.

On TW2, when Geralt is living the days of the war recalling the late soldiers
memories, perhaps those werent the only memories he saw xD.

mmm The beautiful yet strong and charming music, make me feel like in that era, recalling somewhat nostalgy but epicness at the time you played it, like a proud warrior after winning a war but standing and looking at the landscape full of death and decay and feeling the sorrow of his victory.

Mmm also when playing TW1 when the people turn against Abigail blaming her for all his guilt.
Berengar betraying his beliefs and encountering new ones.
The Elves sat around fire, hungry but marked by the seal of proud.
The lakeside view, that was like a breath of light within darkness...

(This will contain spoilers for both Witcher 1 and Witcher 2)

Witcher 1

Drinking untill Geralt passes out.
Running through the graveyard and cleaning up and finding the real Raymond's corpse, aiding Yaevinn and the scoia'tael.
But most of all the environments, the story and the dialogue. Finding Alina in the fields as a noonwraith and making dandellion read the poem for her.
Saving Adda again and aiding Radovid and Foltest.
Berengar helping me with Azar Javed
And Yaevinn helping me killing the Zeugl
Going through the icy plains towards Jaques and getting the feeling of accomplishment after every step towards the mountain.

Witcher 2

Arriving at Flotsam, Fighting in the tournament against Zdenek again. Killing the Kayran and thanks to intimidation i received double the reward crafting the Kayran armor and drinking with the blue stripes.
Fighting against Henselt in Vergen alongside Iorveth and Zoltan, going through the mines and finding out Saskia was the dragon.
The enviroments in the forests in Flotsam, Vergen, the encampment and Loc muinne.
Doing the little sisters quests and mystic river quests to unlock the sentry in loc muinne and killing the operator.
Deactivating all the runes and recieving Addan Deith.
Getting Eilharts Dagger and curing Saskia.
Talking to Letho in the end and sparing his life.

Both games are more of an experience, I feel sorry for the people who won't play the witcher.

TW1
The first time I got to the swampland there was a dog who followed me and a couple of times i tried to rescue him but i failed and he died :/

For me, buying every chapter got out in this years, unboxing them with joy, waiting the exit of the next chapter, every of this action are my favorite moments. Playing this game give you memorables adventures, epicness duels and unfogetable scenery! The act of playing it can be my favorite moment!

In Witcher 1 when you kill jacques and... "silver sword? this one is for monsters" is like "what are you doing? killing monsters" awesome.

Generally I just love the art style and the atmosphere which you´ve created with the Witcher games.
Although it´s a fantasy game you´ve created a tough and believable medieval world filled with all kinds of danger.
It gives you the feeling that such a world could really exist and therefore it´s just fun to play a game taking place in such a convincing world.

The Witcher is no carebear game but is mature and tough - and therefore I like it!
Cinematics in the game are also stunning - just beautiful.

If I had to name a specific thing from the games I´d name the easter egg from Assassins Creed in The Wither 2 - I really had to lough when I saw this :D

Top Bottom