Your favorite Witcher moments - Contest

+
When I started playing the first Witcher, I figured it was just another action RPG. So when I had the option to choose to hand over some weapons I was supposed to be guarding to a group that said they were fighting for equal rights for non humans, I did the obvious thing you do in such games: help the rebels.

When I later found out that those weapons were in fact used in a violent terrorist attack on innocent civilians, I knew this was not just another action RPG.

I still use that very small, but oh so significant event to explain to people why The Witcher is such a different game.

When Geralt was defeated and almost killed by Azer javid, and you wake up to Triss's sight and you realize she has saved Gerlat.

The greatest moment I experienced in the Witcher series was when I went to the Flotsam inn, only to find that Triss had been taken. Following that ominous trail of blood was one of the most nerve racking experiences I have ever had in a game, and after following the trail to its end only for her to still be missing was heartbreaking. At this point I realized that Triss was in dire need of my help so I sat down with my saving damsels in distress hat and geared up for the most important quest of my life. I was so hell-bent on finding Triss that I gave it my best go of a speed run, staying up all night and skipping school the next day until she was finally safe and we were reunited at last.
Hands down one of the greatest games I have ever played and I have never cared for a character so much as I did then.

Congratulations to all the winners !! I`m sure the selection process wasn`t easy as there were a LOT of awesome entries . Also glad I wasn`t a judge on this .

SPOILER
. For me was Foltest's assasination. After reading and experiencing their relationship building from the books to the games for a long time and watching that for the first time was shocking to say the least. Both as a character and a influencial person in Geralt's life. From the music capturing the scene perfectly to the facial expression of how helpless both Foltest and Geralt were to Letho's attack, while creating many questions of what was going to happen next.

Witcher 1: Those amazing graphics that made Geralt and all the NPC's glide a couple of meters before they started the walk animation. It even happened in the cut-scenes!!! That was just insane. My most memorable moment was beating Azar Javed on hard. It was such a fist-pump moment that I went on Skype and Steam and told all my friends about it, even the one that hadn't heard of the Witcher, let alone played it. Figuring out all the little cheap ways to beat the guys before and leading up to him. The many circles I ran around enemies waiting for my endurance to regen enough to use another igni, and figuring out all the cheap ways to save my progress (you get the Greater Brothers low with igni running around the table so you can one shot them, and then bring them over to one side, aard stun, and sprint to the other end smashing F5)

Witcher 2: That moment when you realized that Iorveth (what a boss) wasn't actually an NPC, and you got to destroy that dh'oine Roche as him. CDPR...how do you create a character as boss as Iorveth. Please include him in the Witcher 3!!! Also that moment when Iorveth finally came back (oh man, i missed that guy in Act II) with his army and crushed the army of dh'oine. That cutscene when you are like:"When are these guys gonna end!!!" and then...sit down, Iorveths back. And finally,when I finally imported my save files and saw the actual differences that the first game made. I was like...wow I like know all this gear and what it does. It made him have that bit extra back story,I was like: "I got that Gwalhir from that blacksmith in Act IV, when I finally decided to spend that $8,000". It was the first time i had experienced that in a game.

Va Fail, Gwynbleidd!

Jethro: Aaaaahh-chooo!
Geralt: Got a cold?
Jethro: Heheheh, you're pretty green ... sniff.
Geralt: Not so green I don't know the best way to take fisstech ... Fold back your skin and rub ...
Jethro: Where?
Geralt: Where you can fold back your skin, Jethro.

I still remember this exchange, a classic. Always wondered whether this couldn't also apply to the lips, after all :D.

One of the most memorable witcher moments for me would be the end of the A Tome Truly Rare quest, there i am thinking "good, this book should not go to the wrong hands" and then a problem appears "what? I need to sell it to that very suspicious guy or the quest remains unfinished?, hummm well orens are orens" and problem solved, not my fault if someone makes some virus that brings the end of humanity.

To choose a moment from a game that as both a great story line and amazing graphics is an insult to your excellent work. So I will chose 3:

• The removal of the DMR from Witcher2 in the first patch;
  • The free DLC;
  • The free update to the enhanced edition;
  • And one more for good measure, the recent announcement that Witcher3 will not have any DRM.

Not the type of moments you were talking? I’m not eligible for the prizes?
I don’t care, All I wanted was to say thank you and keep up the good work. I'll be here for Witcher3!

Signed:
One Happy customer!

RickQWERTY said:
Not the type of moments you were talking? I’m not eligible for the prizes?
I don’t care, All I wanted was to say thank you and keep up the good work. I'll be here for Witcher3!

Signed:
One Happy customer!

Dear One happy customer :

Not bad as far as i`m concerned but the contest ended 6 days ago :) . However I do hope people keep posting their favorite moments from both games as they are a delight to read !

Sincerely
A moderator

All moments with Iorweth was great. But the most I liked was the end of the Iorweth path when he says to Geralt that he is the most noble men he knows.And Geralts answer... hah. I love whole game world, all characters. Second best moment was finding out who Saskia is, dragon and Borh daugher. And letting Letho go. The meeting with Scoiathel when Geralt shows his senses,the elves faces were priceless Its hard to choose.

Well, my all-time favorite Witcher moment must be the scene, when Geralt runs out from the forest, right at the beginning of the game. Gosh, it gave me goosebumbs back in the day.
A great moment was also the cutscene, in which Geralt explains, why he let Berengar go. So powerful...

I simply loved the games morality system on which you have to question yourself if you're doing the right thing or not. And you can be sure there will be consequences for your actions, and for me there were a lot of extremely hard choices but thankfully I managed to hold on Geralt's famous neutrality..
But most of the times it simply isn't easy to be a Witcher.

Tw1
Getting drunk at shani's party with zolton and dandelion .
Tw2
Stepping out of the tent in the prologue and beholding the Temerian army, after playing skyrim before I got the game ,seeing a proper war camp was amazing.
On the siege tower with foltest when he says "where the hell are we going" and "what the fuck do we want"

Chapter 2 iorveths path the battle for vergen you are sent to close the gate with zolton. You say "yarpen says the gate is broken" then zolton says "yarpen knows Fuck all about gates" I thought it was hilarious.

Also the flashback when you are fighting the wild hunt if you notice there is another unnamed member in the group, I hope he is in the witcher 3. Here's a Link to the video http://m.youtube.com/watch?p=PL1kyPfkH0UoiWXkw6B48MFAFtrQwIwMfL&feature=plpp&v=zWXNG98xcKQ

The whole epilogue with letho, he's my favourite character and hope he is in the witcher 3 if you let him live.

One of the most unforgettable moments of The Witcher 2 for me was Foltest's death. It was completely unexpected at that moment and was incredibly epic. One of the only games to truly give me chills.

I will always remember the moment when I started "witcher" and thought: It will be cool! In "the Witcher 2" there was a moment when Bianka told in the residence Laredo: Oh My God! She gives birth! And Geralt answered: Damn. I wildly laughed. This is funny moment.

There are many moments in the witcher games that I stil remember,

In the first witcher game I really liked the investigation doing it for the first time I thought i had done it correctly but then javed turns out to be the detective, altough I fought something was wrong that really was a W00T moment for me back then... I also remember the other main plot twists vividly, de wett, the grandmaster, adda...
I also liked the change of pace in the fourth act and the quiet sleepy town of murky waters...

But my favorites from tw1 are the flashbackscene after you have cured adda and she gets to marry radovid...
"Few know we draw greater satisfaction from removing a curse or a spell. Sword are a final resort" It still gives me a chill.
Close second is the flashback scene after you cured vincent and he and Carmen are together wich.
Those are two small moments that require more work and aren't the easy solution, you miss some mutagens, but you are greatly rewarded for it.

The second game had some fun parts two I really really liked figuring out the puzzles and talking to the gollem in Loc Muine if you joined Iorveth. I also like it when you get closer to Iorveth he seems a lot nicer, i think he is one of the best support characters in the game...

But i think my favourite part is when you are fighting in vergen and Iorveth comes back with archers and start shooting at Henselt's troops.

And the funniest moment in the games is when you find out what the Feather's mission he wants a lot of feathers more and more and you are thinking what the F is going on? I was thinking he might summon some kind of super-harpy and then you find him all yellow and feathery rofl :p/>

I know it's too late :/ but i thought ill give my 2 cents :)

It's beyond question that both games are filled to the brim with awesomeness. They make honor to Sapkowski's novels and stories. But.. I Wanted to poit out something different.

Side by side, Geralt, Iorveth and Saskia stood with brave and vengeful dvarwes on the walls of vergen, sweat and blood were mixing with mud in the streets below, as countless forces of king Henselt climed the walls on ladders. Although... Geralt wasn't sweating at all. He was just standing on top of the ancient wall, snapping his fingers and sending full-plated knight airborne with aard everytime once they sticked their nose from the top of the ladder!

And Zoltan was shouting his favourite: "Kill all sons of bitches!" And Saskia kept motivating the defenders while Iorveth tried to outyell her and give orders to archers... nevertheless all of the brave defenders were running left and right everytime they spotted a knight... although they never reached him. Geralt was just comfortably resting his back on the granite statue snapping his fingers in aard sign.

THAT was a fight on dark difficcculty!

So many marvellous moments from which to choose, but I don't mind admitting that my tiny little mind took a huge dump when a seemingly incidental decision during Haren Brogg's quest had very unfortunate consequences for a certain 'white death' merchant.

As for 2, I have to agree that walking Foltest's camp at the beginning of the game had me grinning from ear to ear.

Wonderful moments, both.

Top Bottom