Your Favourite 2077/2020 Art/image?

+
We have a lot of fan-made and fan-found art in the ever great Art section here: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...-artworks-gallery.27153/page-38#post-11821304

But I thought I'd start a thread here in General focussing on -your- favourite 2077 and 2020 art piece! I am loving what CDPR has done so far and obviously I've long enjoyed the 2020 art.

It can be image, screen cap, pulled from the net, you name it. As long as it's R.Tal or CDPR Cyberpunk art. So Cyberpunk 2013-2045 and Cyberpunk 2077.

One of each, just to make it challenging! And runner-ups in spoilers, since that seems cool, too!

So far, here are my 2 favourites.

PnP:

Borg.JPG

I dunno why I come back to this image. Maybe because it was one of the first images I saw for 2013, and my first GM came up with a cool backstory about how there were only a very few Body-plated people in the world. Kind of an Arthurian thing. Anyway, I love this piece, even more than the two runners-up below.

Runners-up:
Cover Av.jpg

I know it' s a cliche, but this cover always warms my heart. So very Cyberpunk!

RanxBorg.JPG

Action packed! Just grabs me and pulls in the eyes every time.

The 2045/RED art ( this piece, for example ) although very rich and alive, doesn't have the same emotional loading for me. Yet. Still great stuff though!

2077:

Cyberpunk2077-A_beautiful_beast-RGB-en.jpg

So this was SUPER tough. I had to go through a lot of gorgeous and cool images. I settled on this one because for whatever reason, it makes me happiest to see. It spent the most time as my desktop background. Some combination of colours - the majesty of the urban landscape, decaying and still magnificent, the sunset on the American Dream to the right, palm trees for that touch of exotic (to me)...it feels so real I could just step into the pic. A whole world awaits!

Runners-up:
TT.JPG

I like this one over the wallpaper TT image for a couple reasons: 1) it's from the game! Yes, it might be changed or gone by now, but look - actual play! And they look so cool! And 2) it has everything TT: the AV, the protection, the guys doing their work and even a vocalized order/threat!

DfhDu_mWsAEe1ct.png

Also a tough call. I love -love- the motorycle/Pacifica image AND the Yellow Muscle Car and the V/Quadra/Night City images! So iconic! But the one above just looks so lived-in. There are a few others, (I have this one at home, for example), but the NFA image doesn't have any guns or badassery or, well, anything other than a guy perusing a record to buy. And still Cyberpunk!

So those are my favourites and runners-up! Have any of yours?

Sild

Ex-moderator
Cyberpunk 2077:

screen-Cyberpunk2077-Any_Last_Words-RGB-en.jpg

At the lowest point, with your back against a cold surface, staring down the barrel of a gun with the odds stacked against you;
The metal, glass and concrete towers rising from all directions as if to taunt you, as if there are things above the scraping and the day to day struggle for you or those like you. You can almost see it, almost. But ... first things first.

Cyberpunk RED/2045:
uop8ld5dife31.jpg

There are very few things that spurs imagination more than the vista of a vibrant and bustling metropolis cityscape at night. One of those is a Cyberpunk/Blade Runner-esque vibrant and bustling metropolis cityscape at night.

Edit-

Oops, forgot to add the runner ups. Ah well, tommorow it is.

I love it when an image is capable of showcasing lots of stories, moods, and "feels" by just looking at it. For that reason my picks are:

FROM THE BOOKS
cyberpunk-red-jumpstart-kit-rulebook-cover.jpg
Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart Kit Rulebook cover art

2040s Night City in a nutshell :)

Runner-up:
NightCityCover300dpi_1024x1024__75620.1558384154.jpg
Night City Sourcebook cover

2020s Night City in a nutshell :giggle:

---

FROM THE GAME
cyberpunk-2077-junkyard.jpg

I just love how this concept art tells me so much about the city, its corporations and its inhabitants. Plus, of course, how it poignantly displays the type of art direction and "world" (e.g. story, lore, worldbuilding,...) direction they’re going for.

Runner-up:
cyberpunk-2077-Just-around-the-corner-en.jpg

Art and world directions again :cool:

Yeaah, that's not an R.Tal or CDPR image, @Cyberway . It's fan art! Which is cool, but we have a thread for that. Moving!

Damn, I see a few I managed to miss in my considerations! the Maelstrom poster is so good. I almost included the Night City cover - or the image of the guy walking into the city itself inside.

I also realise I don't have anything with Keanu. Heresy?

Yeaah, that's not an R.Tal or CDPR image, @Cyberway . It's fan art! Which is cool, but we have a thread for that. Moving!

Damn, I see a few I managed to miss in my considerations! the Maelstrom poster is so good. I almost included the Night City cover - or the image of the guy walking into the city itself inside.

I also realise I don't have anything with Keanu. Heresy?

Irene Meier is just a fan? Ive seen her posing with CDPR staff and Akira bike.

Irene Meier is just a fan? Ive seen her posing with CDPR staff and Akira bike.

Yep. Great cosplayer, but she does her own thing. Not "just a fan" but a great fan! Nothing wrong with being a fan!

If we start to include all the fan stuff though, we'll just duplicate the other thread. Which is quite healthy on it's own.

For 2020 I don't have much to choose from as I only have the corebook. I looked through the trailer lore mega breakdown thread again, too, but nothing really caught my eye as far as images go.

In the end I chose this image of a corporate. I really like it because it paints the exact picture (pun intended) of a corporate that I have in my mind. Expensive-looking clothes, a suitcase, sunglasses -- and a gun hidden in his breast pocket. Stylish and dangerous.
corporate.png

As for 2077, I was looking through the screenshots on the official site and this made me pause for a couple minutes, literally. The others I merely glanced at and scrolled past, but not this one. I think it really captures the feel I imagine the game to have: a single, small individual (V) in a massive city that may look shiny on the outside (the billboard) but in reality is quite different and a lot darker (the city view).
There are other great images as well but I doubt anything would catch my eye like this one did even if I looked through every single picture and every single frame of every single video.
official_screen_cp2077.jpg

(No runners-up.)

It was a hard choice between Maelstrom and the Valentinos. The Deathburger art from at least the steelbooks is also something to consider.
Runner-up:
73030095_2356167498032208_2488981104294272967_n.jpg

The 2020 art as a whole is not as exciting, and tbh I don't remember which book the picture I posted is from. But it is the favorite of the ones I've seen. That particular artist. The lines are so quintessentially 80s.

Last edited:
Yep. Great cosplayer, but she does her own thing. Not "just a fan" but a great fan! Nothing wrong with being a fan!

If we start to include all the fan stuff though, we'll just duplicate the other thread. Which is quite healthy on it's own.
I'm pretty sure Irene is an official cosplayer for CDPR. I recall that being announced somewhere. No matter.

I don't care for much of the 2020 art. Didn't when I first saw it, still don't today. But some of the city shots are very impressive. Such as this one:

1578433368002.png

I also like the cover of the Night City sourcebook:

1578433404272.png

For Cyberpunk 2077, I like this image best:

So many questions. How does this image tie into the trailer? Is V dumped in the junkyard by Dex, and then saved by Morgan Blackhand? Is that him in the back? Is that who "Mr. Hand" is (tough to say whether V would immediately reveal that Johnny is in his/her head to the voodoo boys)?

I also like the Mr. Studd ad, and the smoking ad (funny how Night City still mandates surgeon general warnings!).

It just feels like one of those images with a lot to dissect.

For Cyberpunk 2077, I like this image best:

So many questions. How does this image tie into the trailer? Is V dumped in the junkyard by Dex, and then saved by Morgan Blackhand? Is that him in the back? Is that who "Mr. Hand" is (tough to say whether V would immediately reveal that Johnny is in his/her head to the voodoo boys)?

This is such a great image and so on-spot. City, ads, mysterious figure, discarded stuff, with Night City on it, discarded player (?), graffiti, cool weapon, misty background - so very future-disposable noir.

I also like the Mr. Studd ad, and the smoking ad (funny how Night City still mandates surgeon general warnings!).

Yeah, I also noticed the Mr Stud ad once I saw the large version of the image, and now can't stop looking at it xD

The strange guy could be just a random addition, but maybe he is someone important. We know how laden with meaning CDPR stuff is. Definitely isn't Johnny Silverhand, unless this pic dates back to the time when Keanu hadn't signed on yet.

Yeah, I also noticed the Mr Stud ad once I saw the large version of the image, and now can't stop looking at it xD

The strange guy could be just a random addition, but maybe he is someone important. We know how laden with meaning CDPR stuff is. Definitely isn't Johnny Silverhand, unless this pic dates back to the time when Keanu hadn't signed on yet.

Yeah. It seems like too random an addition to actually be random, but I've been known to come up with the occasional crazy theory, so we'll see. I still maintain that it's Blackhand (granted, he'd be quite old if he was still alive in 2077), can't wait to find out if I'm right or wrong.

This is such a great image and so on-spot. City, ads, mysterious figure, discarded stuff, with Night City on it, discarded player (?), graffiti, cool weapon, misty background - so very future-disposable noir.
Also, that's Dex's revolver on the ground! Or, rather, it's the same model. Might be someone else's.

I agree that it definitely encapsulates the spirit of Night City quite well.

Don't know about the PnP but i liked the one with the motorbike

2.jpg

also

3.jpg

which im not entirely sure if its edited or what, but i found it on xbox pre order page so...
anyway, colors are more vibrant, couple of flying vehicles here and there, it looks better than the one CDPR has uploaded

Top Bottom