Your favourite commercial/poster ingame?

+
Hey. One of the things I like is there is a lot of interesting, cool artwork in game. Wonder which you like the most, find funny, cool, whatever. Tell us pls.

I'm not ingame right now, so I will post mine later.

CDPR did great with the Ads, I wish who whoever made those ads were in charge of directing the game because he/she understands cyberpunk dystopia.

My Favorites:

Real water only 99 Eddies a gallon? What's more dystopian than the most key ingredient to life being extremely expensive?
Real Water.jpg

In the real Dark Future that is showcased in the ads but not the game world outside of the ads, humanity has lost virtually all respect for itself and life in general. Water is 99 bucks a gallon but alcohol is advertised as so great you'll lick it off the floor rather than waste it. How much is the alcohol? I don't know but consider it takes water to make alcohol probably a lot.
Too Good To Waste.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn't find an image for this ad anywhere but it pretty much says it all. Shows a man with a missing tooth like he's at a buffet line with joy on his face as the ad reads "Bottoms up, how it feels to be on top." So how it feels to be on top is to eat from the bottom of your idolatry...I don't need to go into the details because the ad is pretty clear how messed up things are in this society. People may think this is purely about sex but it's not, that's just the surface but beneath that is the fallen state of humanity.
Screenshot (91).png

Taste the love? Same thing as above. For the common person the top has become the bottom and the bottom has become a product to be sold as the top.
Taste The Love.jpg

All kinds of great ads in Cyberpunk 2077 that help with the suspension of disbelief that you're in the dark future, unfortunately much of the rest of Night City does it's best to remind you exactly where you are and destroys what little immersion there is.

Saw that one. Also like the one with the all silver cyberwoman leaning on a speeding train. Not sure of the brand,

I was actually curious enough about that one to look up the translation of "Zeig Dich". It means "Show yourself".

I also get a kick out of Mr. Stud, since I dabble in Voice acting and can mimic that commercial perfectly. It's the cadence and the pitch of the ad that makes me grin every time.

The ads are so good!

I've actually been collecting them in case I ever get the time/motivation to do the writing I need to for a CP2077 inspired table top game.

While I haven't found it at a good angle yet, the Dellamain ads are great "Leave your troubles at the door"

As mentioned by Lexandro_Albion the Dynalar "it's all about the touch" ads, which I found the "male" version of the other day but couldn't get a shot.
photomode_09012021_153640.png

As a fan of CP2020 I loved finding the ones for CombatCab (which is what I think Fast Travel should be):
photomode_08012021_001943.png

This one is cool as well, especially as I have a fondness for the smart weapons:
photomode_09012021_142424.png

The Malorian Arms "you need a bigger gun" ads are rare to see, but amusing as an ad for Johnny's gun and the whole "need a bigger gun" gag.
photomode_07012021_165027.png

But probably my favourite, which I still haven't managed to capture one of yet is the "At least you're wearing Jinguji" campaign.

As lovely as these commercials are, is it just me that ended up bumping into the same ones around every single corner? I'm wishing for more variety in future. I'm hoping they're not so EXTREMELY sexual either. Yes I know sex is a huge theme in the game but damn it gets boring 10 minutes in. There's got to be something else going on in this world.

I like this one, mainly because I've only ever seen it on the side of the skyscraper whilst Johnny and Rogue are flying towards Arasaka Tower in the first part of the game. The Black Hawk Dawn of the Dead one makes me chuckle though. I've found that one, all be it an old and worn copy of it, in Pacifica.
Ad1.png

You see this drink all the time as "loot", then I saw this ad for it and those drink bottles started feeling different in my inventory.

photomode_17012021_183830.png

There is a landscape orientation version with 2 of the female characters and a fat naked guy holding the bottle in place of his penis as well, but I didn't collect that one - as I had already collected this one and it was clear enough...

I nearly spilled my coffee when I ran into the feminine hygiene poster for tampons. It's a hand unit that looks like a small gun =P
Which version?

Tamponizer.PNG
photomode_16012021_194015.png

Have you noticed that if you zoom the ads they will run animations?
Yes, quite a few have animations. From subtle to quite pronounced.

Capturing this one was a pain, because of how the animations load in Picture Mode:

photomode_17012021_183927.png

I like this one, mainly because I've only ever seen it on the side of the skyscraper whilst Johnny and Rogue are flying towards Arasaka Tower in the first part of the game. The Black Hawk Dawn of the Dead one makes me chuckle though. I've found that one, all be it an old and worn copy of it, in Pacifica.
There are a number of unique adds for the 2023 and 2013 flashback sequences which is very cool.

I got a giggle out of the Dawn of the Dead one when I saw it as well

I don't know if you could call it an ad, but there is a fairly lengthy TV segment describing how citizens should behave in case they are pulled over by the NC police.

The driver being pulled over is a tiny pug, while the "policeman" is a very muscular Great Dane. The tone of the ad is ironically friendly and it sounds reasonable at the beginning and gets progressively less reasonable until it's just flat out satire on totalitarianism.

The driver being pulled over is a tiny pug, while the "policeman" is a very muscular Great Dane. The tone of the ad is ironically friendly and it sounds reasonable at the beginning and gets progressively less reasonable until it's just flat out satire on totalitarianism.

There is also one of these for "what to do in case of a cyberpsycho attack" that gets progressively crazier as it goes along.

Top Bottom