Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Voodoo Boys

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Wraiths

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Scavs

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
CDPR did a horrible job representing Pondsmith's Cyberpunk unfortunately.

True.

But one could also say that Ghost in the Shell and Deus Ex represented the "cyberpunk genre" better than Pondsmith's TT game. I saw Pondsmith's style of cyberpunk more as a type of "biopunk" given it's inclusion of "humanity" as a manipulative statistic. BladeRunner established the genre's "visual" form. But I don't really consider it "literal" cyberpunk. It's more "android meets humanity" than cyberpunk.

I actually liked CDPR's twist on the genre, because I can see elements of all I mentioned above within it.

True.

But one could also say that Ghost in the Shell and Deus Ex represented the "cyberpunk genre" better than Pondsmith's TT game. I saw Pondsmith's style of cyberpunk more as a type of "biopunk" given it's inclusion of "humanity" as a manipulative statistic. BladeRunner established the genre's "visual" form. But I don't really consider it "literal" cyberpunk. It's more "android meets humanity" than cyberpunk.

I actually liked CDPR's twist on the genre, because I can see elements of all I mentioned above within it.
The whole humanity factor is probably actually a real thing considering things like "phantom limb syndrome" and so on but realistic isn't necessary for creating a game at all though it is interesting that Pondsmith was able to figure that out. I know there are plenty of types of cyberpunk subgenres like you mentioned and I appreciate most of them with Blade Runner and Ghost In The Shell types being my favorite types but I feel like CDPR did a horrible job of representing cyberpunk in general outside of aesthetic.

The gangs are big disappointment to me aside Malestrom, Tyger Claws and The Mox. The rest are really pointless and do nothing for the story other than just being there for some filler content. Voodoo Boys are the biggest let down, the way they are hyped up in the trailers and previews only to find out that they are in only that one mission that was spoiled to death by CRPD, when you think about CDPR spoiled the whole story lol.

I think the Valentinos are reasonably well-described as the one "normal" gang in the city. They're a bunch of hyper macho assholes with blinged out cars, tats, guns, and an interest in crime for cash. They feel like they could exist in reality and its kind of hilarious that they're in a town where Spider-Man would find everyone bizarre.

Besides the Malestrom, gangs are a huge disappointment to me. The rest is really pointless and does nothing to the story other than being there for some extra content. The Voodoo Boys are the biggest disappointment, the way they get excited in the trailers and preview only to find out they are only on that one mission broke to death by the CRPD when you think about CDPR ruined the whole story lol .

ikona Zweryfikowane przez społeczność

1. Aldecaldos are my fav, my family.
2. Mox just trying to protect their people, can't complain about that.
3. I like the Valentinos due to Jackie and their outfits. Seriously, I want their outfits. With that said, they're really the only gang that I sometimes feel bad for killing. I'd like getting some confirmation that the Valentinos that I'm killing are like an offshoot of the Valentinos gang who supported Jackie.

Mox, I like their style and how the protect each other. Would of loved to have more interaction with the gangs tho, with more backstory maybe I'll change my mind but as it is now I go with the Mox.

mbrto

Forum regular
it would be cool to have a reputation system for gangs
id like to team up with mox & aldecaldos, leave the valentinos in peace and go after scavs & malstrom.

Mox and Aldecaldos

I'm surprised there's no corpos, NCPD or Trauma Team on the list. In terms of motives, they would be considered gangs.

1. Aldecaldos are my fav, my family.
2. Mox just trying to protect their people, can't complain about that.
3. I like the Valentinos due to Jackie and their outfits. Seriously, I want their outfits. With that said, they're really the only gang that I sometimes feel bad for killing. I'd like getting some confirmation that the Valentinos that I'm killing are like an offshoot of the Valentinos gang who supported Jackie.

I think Padre, terrible priest that he is, keeps their head straight.

Sidegig: "Yeah, this guy shot his girlfriend in the head and put her in a coma. Send him to hell."

Mind you, the fact he's being paid to do it kind of undermines his righteous fury but that's Night City for you.

Throughout my playthrough none of the gangs felt like they were gangs. Mostly they felt like trash mobs, that I exterminate with my gun. During my 160hrs of playtime, I haven't really experienced these gangs, feeling like gangs. So I guess, maybe the Aldecaldos were the best for me. Only because during the Panam side missions, they were really involved with the story and interacted with one another like family. I guess I didn't have that experience with any of the others; as the only interactions with them was from the end of my gun barrel. I wanted to say the Mox, but I haven't came across anytime where the player experience them as a gang. They just sort of hang around lizzy's bar.

Throughout my playthrough none of the gangs felt like they were gangs. Mostly they felt like trash mobs, that I exterminate with my gun. During my 160hrs of playtime, I haven't really experienced these gangs, feeling like gangs. So I guess, maybe the Aldecaldos were the best for me. Only because during the Panam side missions, they were really involved with the story and interacted with one another like family. I guess I didn't have that experience with any of the others; as the only interactions with them was from the end of my gun barrel. I wanted to say the Mox, but I haven't came across anytime where the player experience them as a gang. They just sort of hang around lizzy's bar.

How?

The shards pretty much describe all the gangs doing usual gang things like robbing people, dealing drugs, killing snitches, and so on.

How?

The shards pretty much describe all the gangs doing usual gang things like robbing people, dealing drugs, killing snitches, and so on.
I think that's the problem right there. Everything are in the shards. I'm not seeing any of it on screen. This is why I like the Aldecaldos the best. I got to see them smuggling, I got to experience their community first hand, I got to see how they operate. There's really none of that with some of the other gangs.

Favorite, Animals. But reality, none. Because they are worthless. And have no real function, past generic enemy. With exception to the few in the story. Half of them could have been cut and wouldn't have mattered. The Aldecaldos are obiously the best. Because they are apart of the story. I should be saying that for all of them.

Top Bottom