Your favourite ingame movies/cutscenes [spoilers]

+
Your favourite ingame movies/cutscenes [spoilers]

Hi,Please tell me which are your favorite movies through out the game. movies include (Starting movie, cut scenes during game play and ending movie. You may also include those movies in which still images are shown). Also provide reasons why you like them.1, I like the movie of ACT 1 in which Geralt saved Abigail from the people of ourskirts (Obviously if you choose to save her).2, I also like the one which is triggered when you face Azar Javed and you have already killed Berengar. The one in which Geralt became sad on Berengar's death.The first one is good because in that movie you can feel Geralt's anger, his strong character (how all the people suddenly become scared of him) also the dialogs are very nice in that one. The second one is good because its very emotional specially the dialogs of Geralt (Unnecessary duel unnecessary death.............. perhaps Berengar intends to face Javed).

At this point, I just prefer the cut scene and the fight following at the end of chapter 2, exiting the mage's towers to finally face the disguised Azar. Some rock music here, the dialogs, the, hmm, directing (like in movies, well, u know), does this for me. Have to go to the end of game with choices I made to see the rest.* I did keep a save made in tower just before to exit it, only to be able to replay it, cuz' I like this so much ;)

Interesting topic indeed, however I changed the title a bit in order not to get confused.I like this little cutscene when Geralt goes into sewers for the very first time. There is a drowner preying on some body and Geralt just goes by and stabs him in the back with this weird swing of his sword. Great!

Interesting topic indeed, however I changed the title a bit in order not to get confused.I like this little cutscene when Geralt goes into sewers for the very first time. There is a drowner preying on some body and Geralt just goes by and stabs him in the back with this weird swing of his sword. Great!
Thanks "Daerdin" for making the title clearer. First I intended to make this thread as a poll but then I thought that there are so many movies/cutscenes in the game, it is very hard to create a list of all of them, besides I have completed the game once (supporting order) so I missed all the movies related to elves, therefore I made it a general thread. Now I am playing it again and this time I side with elves :D to see other movies and offcourse the effects of choices you make in the game supporting elves.Nice cutscene choice, Geralt sword swinging rocks !!! that drowner looks like an idiot victim ;D, I wonder why he stared Geralt for a long time instead of attacking him.
At this point, I just prefer the cut scene and the fight following at the end of chapter 2, exiting the mage's towers to finally face the disguised Azar. Some rock music here, the dialogs, the, hmm, directing (like in movies, well, u know), does this for me. Have to go to the end of game with choices I made to see the rest.* I did keep a save made in tower just before to exit it, only to be able to replay it, cuz' I like this so much Wink
yeah damn nice cutscene, specially when Geralt punches that smart ass Azar Javed :dead:keep posting your movies/cutscenes and offcourse reasons too :)

I like the "painting cutscenes" that show you the consequences of your decisions. I like how the camera pans across the painting, zooming in and out, creating dramatic tensions. Great voice-over, too.

Darth39Mael said:
I also like the werewolf scene, but my most favorite is when Lady Of The Lake makes Geralt a knight :)
Oh, yes. This one feels totally Arthurian if you know what I mean. Sapkowski loves Arthurian legends and I'm very happy that REDs decided to direct this scene this way.

I loved the scene were Geralt left murky waters on the boat and the dog was watching him from the.. statue thingy :)

About goint to the swamps in the boat, If you turn the music up jlisten just before the scene ends you can hear the first couple of notes from the "Jaws" movie.I also liked the scene in chapter 1 where you were in the mill with the waitress, mostly the comments from the people across the water.Ariakas

Well, two of my faves have been posted already, but there is one more I'd like to add.The dungeon scene, where Geralt leans against a pillar and goes: abso fucking lutly fabulous. (Or something.)And then he just walks away from the guy trying to pick a fight. I didn't expect to hear Geralt say that in a cutscene. ;DBtw, the most best animated scene according to me... in the ending movie, the moment when the king looks back as Geralt walks away with purse of coins. That face... i'll never forget that. I mean... that facial expression was one out of thousand. Kudos to they guy who did that. :)

The one in prologue where all the witchers and triss attend LEO's funeral is also very nice, It looks like a real movie when they all are standing together and slowly part in their preferred directions, specially where triss hugs Geralt and said "dont get killed Geralt" (ooooh she likes him very much). I watched it many many times. :)

No, no actually the best scene is ... hehe...:) One when you get to do the nasty with the Queen of the night and her daughters. Best pacing, most interesting and a superb little twist just at the right moment.In that little scene a lot is being said about the theme of the game and the story overall. That moment when one of the daughters goes aroung Geralt and comes out on the other side of him was juuuusst... peachy.Cudos to that dev that made it.

My favorite cut scene in TW :SPOILER CHAPTER 2 (thanks for the hint Tahir Ahmad Talpur)Is at the end of Chapter III, when you smack Azar Javed full throttle in the face for having killed Raymond and taken his shape.It also is cool, because Professor gives you enough hints about Azar's weakness - and also shows that he is not really willingly with Salamandra or Azar.That one gave me some satisfaction.Other than that, I like the Lady of the Lake knighting scene, the one with the sunken city.Edit: dirty fingers and typos

Rhian said:
My favorite cut scene in TW :SPOILER CHAPTER IIIIs at the end of Chapter III, when you smack Azar Javed full throttle in the face for having killed Raymond and taken his shape.It also is cool, because Professor gives you enough hints about Azar's weakness - and also shows that he is not really willingly with Salamandra or Azar.That one gave me some satisfaction.Other than that, I like the Lady of the Lake knighting scene, the one with the sunken city.Edit: dirty fingers and typos
RHIAN I think its a typing mistake but the movie you are talking about is the end of chapter II in which Geralt punches Azar Javed for taking image of Raymond. Also the weakness of Azar Javed is given to you by Kalkstien (The Alchemist) not professor or may be you are calling Kalkstien a professor. Anyway you are right about the movie its one of the coolest movie I have seen in a game.The Knight ceremony movie you mentioned is also very nice specially the dialogs of The Lady of the Lake. It looks very real. Heads off to the dev who created it. :beer:

There is only one cut scene in the game which I totally hate to watch :mad: The one in which that bad ass Azar Javed throws mutated Rayla at you :( :( :( She is the only character which you first encounter as a normal human (quite brave and beautiful in her own way) and then you see her as a mutant. That guy totally ripped off her personality. Very unpleasing cut scene, it makes me feel real sad for her, and the more unpleasing thing was that I cannot do anything to cure her just killing her is the option :(

The cutscene in Chapter IV, when the Order of the Flaming Rose goes all Sam Fisher on the elven 'terrorists' prior to one hell of a meelee...Also the scene in which Rayla is slain by Yaevin has a very nice 'last stand' tinge to it reminiscent of Boromir in the film of Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring.

TahirAhmadTalpur said:
TahirAhmadTalpur said:
My favorite cut scene in TW :SPOILER CHAPTER IIIIs at the end of Chapter III, when you smack Azar Javed full throttle in the face for having killed Raymond and taken his shape.It also is cool, because Professor gives you enough hints about Azar's weakness - and also shows that he is not really willingly with Salamandra or Azar.That one gave me some satisfaction.Other than that, I like the Lady of the Lake knighting scene, the one with the sunken city.Edit: dirty fingers and typos
RHIAN I think its a typing mistake but the movie you are talking about is the end of chapter II in which Geralt punches Azar Javed for taking image of Raymond. Also the weakness of Azar Javed is given to you by Kalkstien (The Alchemist) not professor or may be you are calling Kalkstien a professor. Anyway you are right about the movie its one of the coolest movie I have seen in a game.The Knight ceremony movie you mentioned is also very nice specially the dialogs of The Lady of the Lake. It looks very real. Heads off to the dev who created it. :beer:
Oooops *blush* :eek: you're right with chapter III.But, nope Professor gives you a hint- that he is the one who has to do the wet work because fire mages like Azar Javed are not suited for it. Too bad I have not memorized the exact phrasing *sigh*He says it rather sarcastically into Azar's direction, that's what amused me haha :) also the "I come at your command and obey as a genie would" or something like that.Kalkstein merely tells you that fire is based on chaos, and that Azar embodies fire, which is the reason why Kalkstein dislikes Azar and never would team up with him.He also tells you that you should face Azar in a place surrounded by water or any other element that resembles order - which was the Tower in the Swamp.

Top Bottom