Your Favourite Quest!

+
Your Favourite Quest!

Mine was the House of the Night quest, with the vampires. Hats off to whomever wrote that one at CDP, it really messed with my head. Naturally my first inclination was to kill the vampires and save the girl, then upon realizing the girl didn't want to be saved I reloaded, then started questioning the vampire and heard her say the same words Dandelion said "Blood is like alcohol", and the allusions to Geralt's past friend were enough to make me side with her. Fabulous cutscene, and after killing the brother it really made me wonder who the real monster was - the brother, the vampires or myself. Very well done!

Liked the one with Vince and Carmen, especially if you opt to save him from the curse, there's a great cut scene that takes place after you're headed back to the inn to do the final assult on the Salimandra base. Vince shows up to help you, the cut scene occurs after that. I liked that one.

The wedding/love quest was really disturbing, at least for me. Here you have a happy(though definitely weird) village with a wedding coming up. Suddenly, everything goes wrong. And it goes wrong in a horrible manner.Man, I just didn't expect that sudden turn of events. That there are all sorts of monsters around, fish people a sunken city make the place feel quite creepy and outlandish. I loved how this quest had so much folk mythology, as in singing a song would free a cursed soul and like that.Act 4 is my favourite. The strangeness and sheer awesomeness of it is one of those events in gaming that stays with you.

Lady of the Lake/Dagon and the final Master/Student quest (Siegfried's reckoning)

Darth39Mael said:
Investigation quest in Act II. I always liked detective stories ;D
Mine, too - especially to watch the end video over and over when my fist connects with the jaw of someone special. *rubs hands*

Rhian said:
Rhian said:
Investigation quest in Act II. I always liked detective stories ;D
Mine, too - especially to watch the end video over and over when my fist connects with the jaw of someone special. *rubs hands*
Oh, yeah - I loved seeing him fly and hit the ground after that good punch *evil chuckle*

I do like chapter four a lot also. It's a big and badly needed change of pace. Totally different place and feel to it as another poster said.I am really enjoying being 'out' of town once again! And it's not the swamp YAY!

I loved all of Act IV -- I agree with Wee Jas's summary of it -- but for a single quest, I'd have to go with the autopsy. There are so many possibilities, the results you get change depending on how well you've done your homework, and the true answer is fiendishly clever. Plus the idea of doing an autopsy in a medieval setting just rocks!

Lots To be liked so it's hard to single out a best quest for me.I'll say Witchers Secrets since it leads you to do just about everything else in the game.

I like those quests where I have to make important decisions. My faves are Gold Rush, Ripples and The Beauty and the Beast, though this quest has a rigmarole "get and deliver" phase when you have to get the Fools Parsley leaves, ask Carmen, talk to Vincent, talk to Kalkstein, get a virgin tear ask for results once again. Nevertheless this quest has a great idea and interesting protagonists.

Top Bottom