Your Fears For the Game - Combined Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shavod;n9880051 said:
Don't get me wrong, I still very much like classic Fallouts, because of that "much more there", I was just kinda disappointed after revisiting it years later with how limited interactions with NPC's were when compared to how people tended to remember it.
Even Torment had it limits when it came to interactions with NPCs, any video game will, but they certainly beat the current trend of Yes/No/Sarcastic.

Balloers100;n9879621 said:
We don't know what CD Projekt RED's business plans are for Cyberpunk 2077.

CD Projekt RED has a video game that they developed and are still developing for and is a Free to Play (F2P) video game and that is GWENT: The Witcher card video game and it has microtransactions you can purchase in the form of loot boxes called kegs that give you cards.

It is different in the case of CP2077, microtransactions are poorly received by the community in full price single player games, but they can be seen (depending on how they are implemented) as acceptable in F2P multiplayer games like GWENT or DOTA 2.

Last edited:
And I want to point out this is a Fears thread for Cpunk 2077, not a Bitching About Microtransactions in Gwent thread.

Sardukhar;n9880681 said:
And I want to point out this is a Fears thread for Cpunk 2077, not a Bitching About Microtransactions in Gwent thread.
I think it's a very good thing to keep CD Projekt RED on their toes and show them how angry people are. no?

Balloers100;n9880691 said:
I think it's a very good thing to keep CD Projekt RED on their toes and show them how angry people are. no?

No, it's not. Not at all. Not here.

This thread is for users to discuss fears they have for Cyberpunk 2077. There is a general thread here if you want to go there and vent..AND EVEN SO, these forums are CD Projekt Red's house. You don't come into someone's house and complain all the time.

If you have an issue, great. Bring it up, make it clear and move on.

Do not turn these forums - or this thread into whatever your current issue with CDPR or any gaming company is. This is not the place for that.

I think it's great that people are passionate on an issue like this - but that passion isn't a bypass of the Rules - namely on-topic (mostly), civil, friendly conversation.

These forums are not a soapbox for angry users.

Off Topic posts will be deleted.

Made thread for yelling here: Thread

Last edited:

Guest 4149880

exogenesis09;n9879791 said:
Probably I mean Uncharted 4 uses photo realistic graphics too and that was released last year. If the game going to release 2-3 years from now. I could say it’s a mediocre Graphics. We don’t even know what RedEngine 4 can do. I can’t even call Horizon Zero Dawn Graphics as Realistic Graphic too. It’s a 2015-2016 Graphics because even PS4 can handle it even though it’s 2013 Console.

Graphics aren't changing that dramatically from year to year these days, its slowly and certainly getting better but they'll be hitting hardware limits on the latest console until next gen. Games made now still aren't going to look bad at all in 3 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sardukhar;n9881491 said:
No, it's not. Not at all. Not here.

This thread is for users to discuss fears they have for Cyberpunk 2077. There is a general thread here if you want to go there and vent..AND EVEN SO, these forums are CD Projekt Red's house. You don't come into someone's house and complain all the time.

If you have an issue, great. Bring it up, make it clear and move on.

Do not turn these forums - or this thread into whatever your current issue with CDPR or any gaming company is. This is not the place for that.

I think it's great that people are passionate on an issue like this - but that passion isn't a bypass of the Rules - namely on-topic (mostly), civil, friendly conversation.

These forums are not a soapbox for angry users.

Off Topic posts will be deleted.

Made thread for yelling here: Thread
Well, I'm truly sorry but I did not see that topic that you linked.

That was a fear to me in Cyberpunk 2077, you didn't have to get so hostile to me and attack me. I feel attacked now for that.

Anyways a fear that I hope CD Projekt RED does not include in Cyberpunk 2077 is regenerative health, health should be regenerated only through eating food or sleeping or injecting nano bots into our Player Characters (PC's) body, health should not regenerate when you get hurt by the enemy NPC's then go in a safe area and go Away from Keyboard for like three minutes and our Player Characters (PC's) health regenerated from lets say thirty Health Points (HP) to one hundred Health Points (HP).

Balloers100;n9882211 said:
That was a fear to me in Cyberpunk 2077, you didn't have to get so hostile to me and attack me. I feel attacked now for that.

Well, don't feel attacked, but it's a good idea to check the rules - and everyone makes a post that merits a correction. Yours was used as an example for others - many of us feel as you do and I don't want the thread to turn into a yelling lesson on Microevils. Wasn't directed at you so much as off-topic angry posts in general.

Balloers100;n9882211 said:
Anyways a fear that I hope CD Projekt RED does not include in Cyberpunk 2077 is regenerative health, .

Yes, same. Cyberpunk 2020 absolutely does not have this and I really hope only the Easy mode of Cpunk...still doesn't have it.

You only need regenerating health if your game is a hyper-violent fight after fight game. Let's hope not.

My fears for the game would be 1) No character customization (including gender) and 2) a heavy action focus.

Thinking about what I love most about rpgs it's immersing myself in a world. Action and challenge in terms of combat distract from that - they pull me out of the role I'm trying to play since I end up thinking more about the game play mechanics and beating the next strong enemy than thinking as my character. Dark Souls is a perfect example for that. It looks beautiful and has great mechanics - but I never succeed with role playing it.

What would I rather like to see? I guess for me the most important parts are interactions with the environment - like being able to sit at a bar, dance, eat, drink, etc... And most importantly, quests that don't revolve around constant combat but give you room to explore your environment, talk to characters and really experience the world around you. Examples for that would be certain quests in Vampire Bloodlines where you spend most of the time trying to figure out what's going on and finding clues for the task at hand. Like when you had to find the missing thin-blood - which lead you from questioning characters to hacking into the pc of a bail bonds office, to investigating a parking lot etc. ect. I really, really loved that quest.

Deus Ex also featured some quite atmospheric quest lines where you explored the streets of Hong Kong, met with a potential ally who turned out to be working for your enemies etc.

I guess I'm looking for quests that challenge my wits rather than my dexterity or stat micromanagement ;)

So yeah - with all the strengths that games like Dark Souls have - I'm really hoping Cyberpunk will be nothing like that and instead allow for some intense role playing :)

111elf;n10338472 said:
My fears for the game would be 1) No character customization (including gender) and 2) a heavy action focus.

Thinking about what I love most about rpgs it's immersing myself in a world. Action and challenge in terms of combat distract from that - they pull me out of the role I'm trying to play since I end up thinking more about the game play mechanics and beating the next strong enemy than thinking as my character. Dark Souls is a perfect example for that. It looks beautiful and has great mechanics - but I never succeed with role playing it.

What would I rather like to see? I guess for me the most important parts are interactions with the environment - like being able to sit at a bar, dance, eat, drink, etc... And most importantly, quests that don't revolve around constant combat but give you room to explore your environment, talk to characters and really experience the world around you. Examples for that would be certain quests in Vampire Bloodlines where you spend most of the time trying to figure out what's going on and finding clues for the task at hand. Like when you had to find the missing thin-blood - which lead you from questioning characters to hacking into the pc of a bail bonds office, to investigating a parking lot etc. ect. I really, really loved that quest.

Deus Ex also featured some quite atmospheric quest lines where you explored the streets of Hong Kong, met with a potential ally who turned out to be working for your enemies etc.

I guess I'm looking for quests that challenge my wits rather than my dexterity or stat micromanagement ;)

So yeah - with all the strengths that games like Dark Souls have - I'm really hoping Cyberpunk will be nothing like that and instead allow for some intense role playing :)

Welcome back. You'll fit in very well here.

Jokes aside, I agree completely. Very well said. A lot of us worry that the game will just be GTA: Cyberpunk instead of a true successor to the PnP (of course, with significant changes by necessity) with a big focus on roleplaying and actually playing a character vs playing an avatar.

Last edited:
I'm afraid at the time of shooting I do not have the mechanics to hide and paste on the wall and I also see the need to have parkour and climb in the skyscrapers what will be the grace of having a city full of buildings and can only see from below ... or that is equal to fallout 4 in some ways I do not like fallout

Last edited:
Suhiira;n9862441 said:
Well ... tho CDPR hasn't said a word Mike pretty much confirmed the CP2020 roles.
It'd be pretty difficult to have a fixed protagonist and multiple roles in the same game.

And Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be inspired by games like Fallout 2, Baldurs Gate and Skyrim, all with custom protagonists.

A voiced protagonist. Honestly, it broke Fallout 4's immersion. So I hope there is an option for both voiced and non voiced (if possible)

reidyboy102998;n10341552 said:
A voiced protagonist. Honestly, it broke Fallout 4's immersion. So I hope there is an option for both voiced and non voiced (if possible)

I completely agree in the context of Fallout 4, but for some reason, it doesn't bother me as much here. I guess because we already know its going to be more story-focused? I honestly don't know.

I know for a fact I despised it in Fallout 4, though... I think it's because Bethesda's RPGs were typically the immersive, do your own thing, not-necessarily-super-story-focused sandboxes. They were the playgrounds where you could lose yourself in the world. While I hope to do that with 2077, too, I know it's going to be a bit less sandboxy.

Snowflakez;n10342752 said:
I guess because we already know its going to be more story-focused?
Excuse me for one second, but WHEN before the actual game release we ever knew it is going to be a story-focused game, (with Bethesda-style writing? Don't kid yerself) not voiced, story-focused?
Todd underlined the fact that this is our as players' experience.

metalmaniac21;n10342882 said:
Excuse me for one second, but WHEN before the actual game release we ever knew it is going to be a story-focused game, (with Bethesda-style writing? Don't kid yerself) not voiced, story-focused?
Todd underlined the fact that this is our as players' experience.

I'm confused by your question. To what game(s) are you referring?

Snowflakez;n10342752 said:
I know for a fact I despised it in Fallout 4, though... I think it's because Bethesda's RPGs were typically the immersive, do your own thing, not-necessarily-super-story-focused sandboxes. They were the playgrounds where you could lose yourself in the world. While I hope to do that with 2077, too, I know it's going to be a bit less sandboxy.

In my opinion, Fallout as a franchise is somewhat more about quests and story than Elder Scrolls, this is underlined by their approach to how XP is gained throughout the game. In TES, it is based entirely on skill use, so the player can very well build an end game character without ever doing quests after the tutorial. Fallout is more similar in that regard to Witcher, you get the most XP for completing quests, especially main quests, and skills are then built when leveling up. The protagonist is still player created, but quests and story are overall more important, which may also be why Fallout 3 originally did not continue after the end of the main story. In the case of Fallout 4, the problem may be that the game tried something between a custom and fixed protagonist, and ended up not being good at either. This also applies to the voice acting, which tries to be "compatible" with all kinds of characters, but it lacks personality as a result. Perhaps it would have been better to either stick with a silent protagonist, or write a full "Geralt". But it is also possible that the game just was not done very well, and Cyberpunk 2077 will have no major issues with a voice acted custom character.

sv3672;n10346972 said:
In my opinion, Fallout as a franchise is somewhat more about quests and story than Elder Scrolls, this is underlined by their approach to how XP is gained throughout the game. In TES, it is based entirely on skill use, so the player can very well build an end game character without ever doing quests after the tutorial. Fallout is more similar in that regard to Witcher, you get the most XP for completing quests, especially main quests, and skills are then built when leveling up. The protagonist is still player created, but quests and story are overall more important, which may also be why Fallout 3 originally did not continue after the end of the main story. In the case of Fallout 4, the problem may be that the game tried something between a custom and fixed protagonist, and ended up not being good at either. This also applies to the voice acting, which tries to be "compatible" with all kinds of characters, but it lacks personality as a result. Perhaps it would have been better to either stick with a silent protagonist, or write a full "Geralt". But it is also possible that the game just was not done very well, and Cyberpunk 2077 will have no major issues with a voice acted custom character.

Yeah, I think you're right about where Fallout 4 went wrong.

If 2077 really does have a custom character, I'm really curious about how they will choose to handle it. I can't see CDPR doing a silent protagonist, but I also know we're going to have plenty of people frustrated again if the voice actor is terrible at offering personality to the role.

If I'm remembering correctly, didn't Dragon Age: Origins have different character voice options? Maybe CDPR will do something similar. That's the only way I see it working. Have a gruff voice, a suave voice, a more generic voice, and maybe one other option.

The trouble comes from funding. CDPR probably doesn't have the resources of EA and Bioware, and may not be able to voice so many different lines.

Yes.
The only and greatest concern (fear) is main character for me. Custom character never will be good as created one by the studio.
Good main character in the game is a half of the success, someone we remember for many years. No one remembers the heroes that were created and gave them names.

burza1982;n10347642 said:
Yes.
The only and greatest concern (fear) is main character for me. Custom character never will be good as created one by the studio.
Good main character in the game is a half of the success, someone we remember for many years. No one remembers the heroes that were created and gave them names.

Interesting perspective. I happen to disagree, as I feel the custom characters I've come up with in the past have actually often had far better concepts, personalities and ideals than the forced protagonists of other RPGs on the market.

But I take your point. You'd prefer a Geralt-like protagonist.

Personally, I see space for both types of protagonist on the market. It doesn't need to be all one or the other. Games would be tremendously boring if that were the case.

CDPR has already made 3 games in a row with a fixed protagonist. I say let them spread their wings and try something new, while giving a nice nod to those of us in their fanbase who enjoy freeform characters as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom