Your lowest moments in Gwent

+

rrc

Forum veteran
I was in Rank 1 with 0 tiles after trying some ST decks (not ME, I haven't played ME in a long time) and losing a lot. Since SY has 75% bonus, I created a HiddenCache deck (without Luzia/Savolla, but with Tax Collectors and of course Passiflora) and played ranked. I won 5 continuous games, and I think 4 of them were on blue coin. I was thinking in my mind to create a thread once I reach pro rank saying Hidden Cache is not dead and is still powerful and viable. Then the inevitable happened.

Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 12.16.50 PM.png

This is such a horrible feeling. You are one win away from being Pro rank and then get screwed so much that you are reset. That game in which I should have reached pro rank, the first defeat was against a very weak player. (S)he went a card down in R1 and played Lippy in R2 and continued even after I opened with Passiflora. But due to the huge tempo, I won on even and the opponent had last say. I had 4 coin carry over. I had a good hand I had only one spender (Sea Jackal) and the opponent needed a 15 point last card to win. I was thinking I had won the game as all his good cards had been spared. Then he played GIGNI and won the game. FML.

What are your lowest moments in Gwent?

rrc

Forum veteran
Who plays GIGNI in a Lippy-Cerys-Vildalarl-SvalBlod deck :cry::cry::cry:

If I didn't boost my Sea Jackal to the max, even if I had just boosted him once and left him at 7 points, I would have won :cry::cry::cry::giveup::giveup::giveup:

But C'est la Vie

Payus

Forum regular

If I didn't boost my Sea Jackal to the max, even if I had just boosted him once and left him at 7 points, I would have won :cry::cry::cry::giveup::giveup::giveup:

But C'est la Vie
It is actually a staple in that deck, since they don't run any removal, they let your engines grow and use igni.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Almost everyone who's is netdecking.

rrc

Forum veteran
Ooh.. I didn’t know. If I had known I would have won by not boosting it to max (and making the row 22 points).. Damn it.. Thanks everyone. But what happened after the game was downhill. Loosing 6 games in a row..:cry:

Payus

Forum regular
Ooh.. I didn’t know. If I had known I would have won by not boosting it to max (and making the row 22 points).. Damn it.. Thanks everyone. But what happened after the game was downhill. Loosing 6 games in a row..:cry:

It is such a shame, you would have deff gotten a win if you knew.

I had a couple of very frustrating sessions too, but nothing compared to you(lately)

Attachments

• bad streak.PNG
    bad streak.PNG
    297.5 KB · Views: 81
  • bad streak1.PNG
    bad streak1.PNG
    356.5 KB · Views: 79
  • RED Point

rrc

Forum veteran
It is such a shame, you would have deff gotten a win if you knew.

I had a couple of very frustrating sessions too, but nothing compared to you(lately)
It is painful to watch those streak! I had had such big streaks of defeats, but that doesn't usually hurt this much since I was feeling really good about my deck and I thought it is powerful, only to be denied the pro rank and then continuous defeats. I am still playing SY due to +75% bonus, but this streak is one of the lowest feelings in Gwent for me.

Being a fucking noob and playing Orianna and commit turn before spending my blood scent charges. Not the worst lowest moment but one of those that makes you wonder your CI.
Also playing VS milling decks and see all my win conditions banishing before my eyes.

Okay I got one, I made a funny mistake a while ago when Dudu was lowered to 8 prov, I tried it on Yghern. Dudu transformed into a 0 armor Yghern(and destroyed itself) and my oponent insta Ozreled it. I even had Hjalmar in hand but couldn't use it. (that's why i tried dudu on Yghern)

• RED Point

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well, im sorry that happened to you rrc, but it makes you feel better, i've had much bigger losing streaks.
Not in ranked, because if im losing too often on that mode i stop and go play casual to not stress so much with losing.

Regarding SY's Hidden Cache and its nerf, its what i've always said - after a big nerf to a leader (ability), the playerbase abandons that leader regardless of its actual state.
This is the case with Hidden Cache, it was horribly overtuned, now its actually balanced, how it should have been from the start. It might not be the best SY ability anymore, but its more on the same level as the remaining abilities.

And finally, about Igni - What the hell people? Pratically no one was using it before the changes, and now that has more restrictions than ever, it becomes more popular? :shrug:

• RED Point
Well, im sorry that happened to you rrc, but it makes you feel better, i've had much bigger losing streaks.
Not in ranked, because if im losing too often on that mode i stop and go play casual to not stress so much with losing.

Regarding SY's Hidden Cache and its nerf, its what i've always said - after a big nerf to a leader (ability), the playerbase abandons that leader regardless of its actual state.
This is the case with Hidden Cache, it was horribly overtuned, now its actually balanced, how it should have been from the start. It might not be the best SY ability anymore, but its more on the same level as the remaining abilities.

And finally, about Igni - What the hell people? Pratically no one was using it before the changes, and now that has more restrictions than ever, it becomes more popular? :shrug:

It's like a stupid variation of a Streisand effect

The netdecking is so prevalent in this game that I'm playing with 2 monitors, one of them is used to check up on my opponents deck in the meta snapshot.

Great way to improve your win-rate btw. Also by netdecking :coolstory:

Igni is actually quite good, I reached rank 0 using vampires netdeck. I like it a lot.
Instead of protofleder I went for Igni. It's pretty much counter-intuitive of what the deck tries to achieve (Short round 3 with last say). But I was more than happy with this decision, as it is your alternative strategy in case you can't bleed in round 2. Sure it might brick, but more often than not it didn't.

Last edited:
  • RED Point

rrc

Forum veteran
Just following it up. I managed to reach pro rank, after one more batch of continuous defeats. After losing too much continuously, I replaced Philippa with GIGNI and it made wonders! IIRC, at least 4 of those 6 games I needed were won because of GIGNI. May be I got lucky (definitely I got lucky in one game, where my opponent on blue coin opened with Matta and resigned even before (s)he placed the card. So, one free win (ironically I did the same mistake twice today :cry:) Anyhow, I think I am going to add GINGI in all my decks from now on :think:

ReachedPro.png

I don't know if we use this thread as a common thread for sharing the lowest moments in Gwent (like how we have a thread for weird games/moments). But my lowest point is now cured, thanks to GIgni! This is the deck I used. I know it is not a strong one with a few too many tech cards, but it somehow worked for me (after replacing Philippa with GIgni).

As one who can rarely play without frequent interruption, I also make a lot of stupid errors related to forgetting where I am in a match.

Once, I was playing against a NG deck whose main objective was to deplete my deck. After losing the first round with a three card advantage, I went to the second round. I was leading with six cards cards left in my hand when my opponent ran out of cards. Somehow, probably because the game was so clearly won, I thought it was round three, and since I was also playing to fulfill a quest related to playing cards, I decided to play out my hand! Needless to say, on third round, there were no cards left inmy deck to draw and lost the match I mmediately.

• RED Point
When I get to game 9 in arena with no losses and fuck it all up by losing 3 times in a row.

I was 7-0 during my second arena run despite the fact that my deck only seemed slightly above average and that I was still getting used to the game. I then proceeded to lose two games and eventually gain my eighth win before ultimately losing the final game. Even worse, I think I only lost the final match by a couple of points; I remember it being close. Arena can be quite strange in this game. I had another deck after that one that I thought looked even better, but it ended up going 2-3.

Not so much a mistake in play moment as a careful what you wish for moment. Sometime early last year I think February but I am not sure. Anyway, I finally set aside the time and attacked ranked with determination to make it into the pro rank. Things were going fine until I got to about rank 4. At that point every single match was against net decks. The same matches over and over again. So I buckled down, I modified my deck and I fought my way through. Then I am in pro and am thinking to myself, I have real chance of getting to the top 500. But, the one thing that never occurred to me is that every single match in pro was also against net decks. I mean I was having the same match over and over again. Worse, whoever won the red coin usually won the match. I was like 75% win rate on red and like 40-45% on blue. I fell out of love with ranked at that point. If it wasn’t for the introduction of seasonal I would have stopped playing forever. As it happens I did leave for about a year from April 2019-2020. The moral of the story is my lowest point was finding the truest flaws in the game and not being able to do anything about it.

Okay I got one, I made a funny mistake a while ago when Dudu was lowered to 8 prov, I tried it on Yghern. Dudu transformed into a 0 armor Yghern(and destroyed itself) and my oponent insta Ozreled it. I even had Hjalmar in hand but couldn't use it. (that's why i tried dudu on Yghern)

Sounds like a guy I fought few weeks back :p

Top Bottom