Your most hated Monster type

+
Wolves. Period. No other enemy attacks in such large groups, and on death march, even a lvl 5 wolf pack can kill you, as they leave no room for dodging

Wolves. Period. No other enemy attacks in such large groups, and on death march, even a lvl 5 wolf pack can kill you, as they leave no room for dodging

This.

Oh, and those wraiths at the "family matters" questline in Crow's Perch. But that was more a matter of all that stuff lying around and blocking you and that savepoint.

Drowners. Without a doubt. I hate those f'ing things.

The fact they easily dodge your attacks and then quickly counter with heavy hits means instant frustration on Death March.

My tactic with groups of them = smack them with Aard, and execute them when theyre down.

I honestly have no nemesis in Witcher 3. It is actually the other way around, and I enjoy fighting all monsters. Playing on Death March so I guess all monsters were tough once. I guess wraiths can be a nuisance with their backstabbing. Well they were a nuisance anyway. Now I just look at them and they die(again) out of sheer dread. :happy:

Definitely the Wraiths, they do my head in. That one mission with the botchling drove me up the walls. I must have tried a hundred times. Don't know what i did different in the end but managed it eventually. Now I am stuck on the witcher contract The Phantom of Eldberg

Candles.

PS: I hate Drowners the most, since they became with TW2 onward so supernaturally fast for undeads... with leap attacks like frogs..seriously, super annoying when they swarm you and attack you with their way too fast attacks from behind and easily kill you on Death March with a few attacks, if you aren't careful, making it basically essential agaisnt them to have permanently QUEN active or to have good dodge reflexes.

Drowners are not undeads!

Last edited:
Waiting for the day I come across a sentient drowner so I can ask him things like "Why are you guys everywhere?" and "Cant't you just fuck off?"

I hate White Wolves and Nekkers: The bastards don't seem to tire and keep attacking you, so you can't launch and attack of your own in case you get hit. Fucking hate them!

Devourers... Specifically in groups of 3.
I hate them. Luckily, we don't often meet them.
Wraiths too can be a pain in the arse.
Drowners not so much once you unlock Axii tier 2 or Whirl.

Anyhow, I love the different combat tactics you have to use depending on the monster(s) you face
:threaten:

Candles.

Drowners are not undeads!
"Drowners are scoundrels who ended their wicked lives in the water. Drowned alive or thrown into deep water after death, they turn into vengeful creatures which stalk the inhabitants of coastal settlements." - Bestiary

Suggesting 'scoundrels' referring to human villains, they are in fact undead...

As for me, I can't stand drowners in huge packs, they all attack at the same time which is taking my health away in an instance on Death March.

"Drowners are scoundrels who ended their wicked lives in the water. Drowned alive or thrown into deep water after death, they turn into vengeful creatures which stalk the inhabitants of coastal settlements." - Bestiary

Suggesting 'scoundrels' referring to human villains, they are in fact undead...

As for me, I can't stand drowners in huge packs, they all attack at the same time which is taking my health away in an instance on Death March.

The in-game book 'Monstrum, or Description of the Witcher', it's 100% truth, I'm telling you!
Drowners are living monsters who eat, breed and bleed to death when die. Only true undeads are wraiths.

Even a pack of wolves can rip you a knew one if your unprepared (deathmarch-the only way to play). Wraiths give me trouble the most, especially because I don't use Yrden very often.

Last edited:
Or use the hornwall horn you can get (and miss) during The Lord of Undvik side quest ;) You'll feel like a cheat using it though :)

Top Bottom