Your most hated Monster type

+
I developed a passionate hatred for Sirens when going to all the undiscovered locations on my boat in Skellige.

Sirens are really easy to deal with if you fight them under the water (instead of trying to fight them from the boat). If you see a pack aiming for you, dive (with your crossbow ready). Then, once they dive after you, lock-target, double-tap ranged and the Sirens go down in one or two hits. It takes much longer if you fight them from the boat and they can destroy the boat in the process.

I took way longer than I should have to realise fighting sirens underwater is easier. But by that time the hate was too strong.

I hate all flying enemies especially the Sirens, it delays my game as they keep on flying hahah instead of me cutting them deep in one or two hits they keep escaping lol :)

I especially +20 this... This is my frustration, sometimes *sirens* just circle, and lock me in -combat in Skellige, and therefore I'm unable to climb/traverse terrain when I'm trying to get somewhere.

In fact, 1 instance of a random Siren encounter on an edgy mountain-top had me killed, as I was running and jumping on obstacles to get to a place-of-power; I did not see a Siren magically behind me in the air, and I was already in-process of a long-jump on an icey mountain... Lo and behold, I'm in my mad-dash and I thought I was jumping and I roll-dodge instead, to fall to my death in Skellige. Battle-music started to chime in as the screen-faded to "LOAD SAVE GAME, QUIT... etc"

That kind of shit, yea... I was fucking pissed.

Just about anything that falls under the 'Necrophage' category. Also, wraiths.

I'm generally okay with other types. I find them less annoying.

I just decided few hours ago to try a different choice from my first playthrough on the "Family Matters" and that was to...

...Kill the botchling

And damn how I hate wraiths... but still there's nothing this far that feels like beating the Operator

The in-game book 'Monstrum, or Description of the Witcher', it's 100% truth, I'm telling you!
Drowners are living monsters who eat, breed and bleed to death when die. Only true undeads are wraiths.

You clearly seem to have absolutely no understanding about, what the word "Necro" means, do you ?
In case, that you have really no clues..

Necro is latin and means death, phage is instead a greek word and means eating. So basically, Necrophages are something, that doesn't exist, as its just a compounding of two words from different languages - however, if you put simply both words together, you can think of Drowners of being undeads (because thats the species of what you call something, that is in fact DEAD, and yet still able to move around and do things, as if its still living!!), which eat the flesh of the living which they kill that are so uncautious to go into the territories, where the drowners lurk around in the swamps and lakes/seas where people died from drowning, to turn into drowners through a virus, because thats the other biology meaning of the word phage, as in like Bacteriophage

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/phage?rdfrom=Phage

Wraithss are GHOSTS, in Witcher Terms not undeads, thats why you use against them also the oil, that lets you deal more damage agaisnt ghosts, same as like when you fight a Noonwraith or Nightwraith.
Sure, by common logic you can see ghosts also as "undeads", but you would have to differentiate here then between corporeal undeads with a body and incorporeal undeads, that consist just out of Ectoplasma and a strong Soul, that binds the emotions of a dead person to the wordly existance as long the soul hasn't done something specificly important, while the person' was still alive to be able to rest in peace.
Anyone who played the Quest "A Towerful of Mice" should understand this...

An undead with a body instead is either a summon of a Necromancer or a result of a powerful curse, who/which puts souls into dead corpses so that they can use/turn them as/into vessels to get bonded to the worldly existance as long as the Necromancers holds them there or the curse doesn't get lifted by a Witcher in this case.
Or they are result of a parasitic virus/fungus, that turns people into walking dead., what would be the biological non mangical way to become an undead.
Drowners are no result of magic, Drowners are a result of a virus that invades the body of a dead drowned person, what makes them Necrophages in a biological way. in Witcher terms spoken. However in genral fantasy terms spoken, they are nothign else but simply undeads, cause it are dead creatures, that can still walk and do things, despite being dead as they should be supposed to not be able to move at all, what is the very definition of "undead"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undead

However, enough with the arguing over undeads now, as thats not realyl the topic of this thread.

I used to get tired of the sirens ripping my boat to kindling till I belatedly found out they are simple to kill while submerged. Still it's a pain to jump out of the boat on the high seas to deal with them.

Wraiths and foglets. Foglets especially though. They are annoying. Always get me because of my terrible timing, though I've dodged a few wraith attacks during my first playthrough but when that foglet comes up, I get quite confused.

Foglets are easy, really. Just watch that cloud moving towards you, dodge, then give him hell.

IMLERITH :)realmad:), on the other hand, doesn't have the good grace to let you wait for his attack, he relentlessly attacks you from all directions.

Last edited:
Good post, Orpheal, but bacteriophage is a sort of virus which consumes bacteria, so logically necrophages are those who eat dead people. Drowners are just creatures who live underwater or on shores. Zombie virus is from another setting. But actually it doesn't matter because it doesn't affect gameplay.
To add on topic: sirens tearing board apart are fine, but random boards floating on the surface... They are ultimate boat-killing predators.
IMLERITH :)realmad:), on the other hand, doesn't have the good grace to let you wait for his attack, he relentlessly attacks you from all directions.
Not from all, just from back. always roll forward and you are fine. After Judge from Lords of the Fallen there will no boss to piss you off anymore.

Last edited:
You clearly seem to have absolutely no understanding about, what the word "Necro" means, do you ?
In case, that you have really no clues..

Necro is latin and means death, phage is instead a greek word and means eating. So basically, Necrophages are something, that doesn't exist, as its just a compounding of two words from different languages - however, if you put simply both words together, you can think of Drowners of being undeads (because thats the species of what you call something, that is in fact DEAD, and yet still able to move around and do things, as if its still living!!), which eat the flesh of the living which they kill that are so uncautious to go into the territories, where the drowners lurk around in the swamps and lakes/seas where people died from drowning, to turn into drowners through a virus, because thats the other biology meaning of the word phage, as in like Bacteriophage

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/phage?rdfrom=Phage

Wraithss are GHOSTS, in Witcher Terms not undeads, thats why you use against them also the oil, that lets you deal more damage agaisnt ghosts, same as like when you fight a Noonwraith or Nightwraith.
Sure, by common logic you can see ghosts also as "undeads", but you would have to differentiate here then between corporeal undeads with a body and incorporeal undeads, that consist just out of Ectoplasma and a strong Soul, that binds the emotions of a dead person to the wordly existance as long the soul hasn't done something specificly important, while the person' was still alive to be able to rest in peace.
Anyone who played the Quest "A Towerful of Mice" should understand this...

An undead with a body instead is either a summon of a Necromancer or a result of a powerful curse, who/which puts souls into dead corpses so that they can use/turn them as/into vessels to get bonded to the worldly existance as long as the Necromancers holds them there or the curse doesn't get lifted by a Witcher in this case.
Or they are result of a parasitic virus/fungus, that turns people into walking dead., what would be the biological non mangical way to become an undead.
Drowners are no result of magic, Drowners are a result of a virus that invades the body of a dead drowned person, what makes them Necrophages in a biological way. in Witcher terms spoken. However in genral fantasy terms spoken, they are nothign else but simply undeads, cause it are dead creatures, that can still walk and do things, despite being dead as they should be supposed to not be able to move at all, what is the very definition of "undead"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undead

However, enough with the arguing over undeads now, as thats not realyl the topic of this thread.

I enjoyed reading your thread. You are awesome.

Drowners, definitelly drowners.

They are like nekkers, only stronger. There are lots of them and they overwhelm you. Played on death march and one drowner literally twoshot me with two fast claw attacks.

Who I love fighting the most? Humans, definitelly humans. It is so fun to parry, set them on fire, knock down, blind, mind ccontrol. Anything works.

They are like nekkers, only stronger. There are lots of them and they overwhelm you. Played on death march and one drowner literally twoshot me with two fast claw attacks.

Actually Nekkers are Ogroids and are not related to necrophages. I don't think Nekkers eat dead beings. Other than that, I thought they were pretty much the same at first too, similar styles.

Funny thread and interesting how deep this discussion has gotten :)

Who I love fighting the most? Humans, definitelly humans. It is so fun to parry, set them on fire, knock down, blind, mind ccontrol. Anything works.

Idk, I came to hate humans, especially on DM and if you fight in enclosed spaces. It can be annoying. Also sometimes they have impossible hitboxes. And sometimes they react like a blind cripple and at other times they are like a swordmaster.

Also, I hate the whole parry, hit, sign, hit, etc. Especially if humans come in that you can not parry and that stagger you and that you can only hit 1 time before they counter and then there are the shield guys.

Only thing that keeps them in tow is Aard.

I mean yeah, they are not that bad, but their Archer dammit. I do not WANT to invest in the "deflect arrow" skill I have more important skills to tend to.

They are not hard, they are just annoying the humans IMO.

Also on higher levels drowners become easy.

But I agree with the guy saying Gargoyles are annoying.

I especially +20 this... This is my frustration, sometimes *sirens* just circle, and lock me in -combat in Skellige, and therefore I'm unable to climb/traverse terrain when I'm trying to get somewhere.

In fact, 1 instance of a random Siren encounter on an edgy mountain-top had me killed, as I was running and jumping on obstacles to get to a place-of-power; I did not see a Siren magically behind me in the air, and I was already in-process of a long-jump on an icey mountain... Lo and behold, I'm in my mad-dash and I thought I was jumping and I roll-dodge instead, to fall to my death in Skellige. Battle-music started to chime in as the screen-faded to "LOAD SAVE GAME, QUIT... etc"

That kind of shit, yea... I was fucking pissed.

I know how you feel bro :) hahaha the transition to combat from a neutral position really is annoying when you are in the radius of those hard to reach flying monsters, plus they hinder your movements to go after an obstacle which will eventually lead to death and reload. Anyways i am just trying to spam Aard and Igni alternatively when I see those annoying monsters :)

Top Bottom