Your most hated Monster type

+
Dogs and wolves. They do way to much damage. Enough to say that during fight with Eredin you take less damage than in fight with average-sized wolf pack... I might said this earlier several times before but yes, wolves are really out of proportion in TW3.

Last edited:
Now that I've played for about 60 hours, I'll add Noon and Night Wraiths to my list. I hate them, especially Night Wraiths. Hanna from the Woods was ridiculously hard to kill, I had to level up to lvl. 15 or 16 before I was able to beat her *argh* Oh, and those guys in the fog - don't know the English name, in German they're called "Nebling" which would roughly translate as "fogling" - you know, the ones that hide in the fog, then pop up near you, strike, vanish and pop up again. Like the thing in the swamp, only they're easier to kill because they're not that powerful. They're just annoying.

Foglets (the German name is much better, though.)
Foglet sounds rather... hm... not innocent but not very threatening :) But they're annoying as hell. The only good thing about them - as with most monsters - is that they drop a mutagen from time to time.

Quite true. I actually don't mind them too much -- but their English name, on the other hand, that has often annoyed me.
As long as they leave me alone, I don't mind them much, either :) The annoying thing about them is that they appear out of nowhere, hit you, disappear and then pop up again to strike again. At least they're easy to kill... so far, I've had only lvl 4 foglets, except for the thing in the swamp.

Now that I've played for about 60 hours, I'll add Noon and Night Wraiths to my list. I hate them, especially Night Wraiths. Hanna from the Woods was ridiculously hard to kill, I had to level up to lvl. 15 or 16 before I was able to beat her *argh*

What's weird is that I never had any problems with those wraiths. Not even a tiniest problem. My boyfriend cursed like a sailor when he played against them and he had to do some major leveling that he could kill those.

I just throw Yrden on the ground, lure the wraith inside the circle and then hit it a couple of times and roll away when wraith leaves the circle. Lure the wraith back to circle and repeat.

Regular wraiths though can give me a head ache...

Funny - for me, it's the other way around, I can deal with regular wraiths perfectly well but Night wraiths are a nightmare. I found the two Noon Wraiths I encountered so far a lot easier to kill then the Night Wraith; I didn't have to level up for them but I couldn't kill Hanna (or Jenny, as she's called in the English Version) until Geralt was lvl. 15 or 16 AND had an awesome sword that dealt a lot of damage AND used the moondust bomb. Yrden is very useful but I think I need to invest more skillpoints to give it a wider range :)

Oh yes, Nightwraiths are rude, and Jenny of the Woods is really bad. I only touch that quest nowadays when I am massively overleveled. And even then it hurts.

Nightwraiths in fields or guarding guarded treasures are easier than Jenny of the Woods. With fast attack spam, you can nail them down pretty well relatively early - sometimes, fast attack spam has its uses. ;)

I learned in my current (6th) playthrough that I can block wolves. That reduces my fear of them quite a lot. I can also block nekkers (mostly).

So, my vote goes for sirens now. Oh those sirens. :2guns:

But still also to the barrels of smuggler caches and their vendetta against my boats.

Oh yes, Nightwraiths are rude, and Jenny of the Woods is really bad. I only touch that quest nowadays when I am massively overleveled. And even then it hurts.

Nightwraiths in fields or guarding guarded treasures are easier than Jenny of the Woods. With fast attack spam, you can nail them down pretty well relatively early - sometimes, fast attack spam has its uses. ;)
Good to know :) I still don't get why Hanna/Jenny was that difficult to beat resp. why the developers made here that hard to beat. I barely managed to get out of there alive even though by the time I beat her, Geralt was overleveled - not too much, the quest was still marked green in my questlog, but enough that he could finally beat her. I also used Swallow, Moondust Bombs, advanced spectre oil but still it was a tough fight. So until I encounter new monsters, I'll stick with Nightwraiths, Noonwraiths, Drowners, and Foglets as my most hated monster types. All that talk about the sirens makes me a bit uncomfortable, though :)

Foglets are easy as long as there is only one of them.

That trap in Kaer Morhen where you fight 4 of them with Lambert has to be the most stressful/frustating fight I've ever had on witcher 3. They make a fool of you, running and dodging your attacks, and when you are finally able to hit one of them, 2 more come from behind and take 3/4 of your HP

auto spawning sirens in Skellige...right royal p.i.t.a. They just keep bloody well spawning and getting your boat through that location is a nightmare. They're the damn cliffracers of Witcher 3 (and in fact, darn more annoying that cliffracers EVER were imho). Hate the bastards. Arachnamorphs are annoying as well as they move fast, dodge well and can disable Geralt for a small period of time with their spitted webs.

Dave

dogs and wolves are my main enemies
it's quite ironic that in my playthrough, Geralt has perished more to Skellige's White Wolves than to Wild Hunt bosses

auto spawning sirens in Skellige...right royal p.i.t.a. They just keep bloody well spawning and getting your boat through that location is a nightmare. They're the damn cliffracers of Witcher 3 (and in fact, darn more annoying that cliffracers EVER were imho). Hate the bastards. Arachnamorphs are annoying as well as they move fast, dodge well and can disable Geralt for a small period of time with their spitted webs.

Dave

I genuinely never thought anything could be as bad as Cliff Racers until I got to Skellige...Also, why do they always look like women from the waist up in cut scenes and like something out of the X-Files in gameplay?

I genuinely never thought anything could be as bad as Cliff Racers until I got to Skellige...Also, why do they always look like women from the waist up in cut scenes and like something out of the X-Files in gameplay?
That is explained in the Bestiarium - they use their appearance as beautiful young women to lure in sailors; as soon as those poor souls are close enough, the sirens change their faces into that fishy-looking thing. A bit like the vampires on Buffy the Vampire Slayer who put on their "gameface" before biting a human :)

The question that the thread title asks probably regards the difficulty of slaying a type of monster but my answer is regarding the design decision regarding a certain creature that is, to me, the worst thing about the game.
I hope CDPR WILL TAKE NOTE that what they did to sirens was not a good decision. I have in several threads praised the game and will continue to do so. But I did not like that they turned sirens into simple unthinking ugly monsters. Sheenaz would be disappointed. So would be Sapkowski, I'm sure, if he cared about the game. Before the game came out, I was hoping, no, expecting a complex story driven segment involving these creatures. They could be made a part of the quest helping Jhalmar, for example. But they were simply turned into monsters that fly and kill.

Guest 3847602

I hope CDPR WILL TAKE NOTE that what they did to sirens was not a good decision. I have in several threads praised the game and will continue to do so. But I did not like that they turned sirens into simple unthinking ugly monsters. Sheenaz would be disappointed. So would be Sapkowski, I'm sure, if he cared about the game. Before the game came out, I was hoping, no, expecting a complex story driven segment involving these creatures. They could be made a part of the quest helping Jhalmar, for example. But they were simply turned into monsters that fly and kill.

Sh'eenaz is a mermaid, not a siren, though in many languages there is no difference between the two creatures ;) Originally, mermaids were to be included in the game according to this trailer (skip to 1:04), but were excluded from the final product for unknown reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom