“Your Night City” Illustration Contest - we’ve got the winners!

+
I dunno, im a professional artist. Although my work is mainly done 3D, the old fashioned way. I sculpt, mold, cast and airbrush my work and sell it on the internet or more often at monster conventions or ren-faires or whatever kinda show I can get into. I wouldnt think of entering into a contest like this. Somone who isnt well known should have won. Somone who needed a shot at getting their work recognized should have won. The guy talking about the 3D modeling (cant remember his name) is spot on with everything he said. Personally, im not a fan. I like old school. Pencils, inks, rulers and brushes. Nothing beats that. I dont care what a computer can do, id rather see an old Heavy Metal with a Jack Kirby story in it or Druuna by Serpieri any day of the week than something typed into a computer and spat out as an image. Ive got a degree in spfx and make up (ive worked on 3 horror movies) graphic design (there are websites out there with my front end graphics. Or at least there were. Websites come and go) and I dropped out of computer animation because its so bloody fake. If i type in numbers I can make a grass hill that looks photorealistic. Yet I did no work. I just put in the parameters. Now, i know CG has come a long ways since my time in school and im being unfair and giving my personal opinion. But when it comes to stills, the only way to go is old school. And this contest should have been reserved for non professionals only. Its a disappointment, again, CDPR, to see what you did here. I used to think you were the greatest thing to come to gaming with the Witcher series but im starting to think the money, greed and power is going to your head. Just remember, the higher you climb, the farther you have to fall. For those of you who feel the need to insult or otherwise rip me apart for MY opinions....dont bother. Youll get no play from me.

I dunno, im a professional artist. Although my work is mainly done 3D, the old fashioned way. I sculpt, mold, cast and airbrush my work and sell it on the internet or more often at monster conventions or ren-faires or whatever kinda show I can get into. I wouldnt think of entering into a contest like this. Somone who isnt well known should have won. Somone who needed a shot at getting their work recognized should have won. The guy talking about the 3D modeling (cant remember his name) is spot on with everything he said. Personally, im not a fan. I like old school. Pencils, inks, rulers and brushes. Nothing beats that. I dont care what a computer can do, id rather see an old Heavy Metal with a Jack Kirby story in it or Druuna by Serpieri any day of the week than something typed into a computer and spat out as an image. Ive got a degree in spfx and make up (ive worked on 3 horror movies) graphic design (there are websites out there with my front end graphics. Or at least there were. Websites come and go) and I dropped out of computer animation because its so bloody fake. If i type in numbers I can make a grass hill that looks photorealistic. Yet I did no work. I just put in the parameters. Now, i know CG has come a long ways since my time in school and im being unfair and giving my personal opinion. But when it comes to stills, the only way to go is old school. And this contest should have been reserved for non professionals only. Its a disappointment, again, CDPR, to see what you did here. I used to think you were the greatest thing to come to gaming with the Witcher series but im starting to think the money, greed and power is going to your head. Just remember, the higher you climb, the farther you have to fall. For those of you who feel the need to insult or otherwise rip me apart for MY opinions....dont bother. Youll get no play from me.

While that would have been cool, this wasnt a charity sponsorship from cdpr to give struggling artists a chance at "making it big" all of a sudden.

Top Bottom