Your opinion: Alternative look for Triss

+
My opinion.

It makes no fucking sense from a "fluff" point of view. Triss wears high collar clothes to hide her scar she received from the Battle of Sodden. The clothes she wears in these three games completely ignores this FACT. It's fucking annoying me.

Does she have them in the games? Can't remember ever seein them in the lewd scenes. People say she uses illusion to hide them.

Does she have them in the games? Can't remember ever seein them in the lewd scenes. People say she uses illusion to hide them.

I haven't noticed (seen) the scars on her Game Model at all. In all three iterations. It's like they were never there...

I haven't noticed (seen) the scars on her Game Model at all. In all three iterations. It's like they were never there...

We don't know if they are actually still visible. What we do know is that Triss doesn't want to show cleavage anymore.

CDPR ignored that in TW1. Then they improved upon it and fixed this issue in TW2 by giving Triss a non-cleavage outfit. And in TW3 they ignored it again. It's pretty much infuriating and completely pointless, especially since Triss' outfit in TW2 was even more sexy than both of her outfits in TW3...

So the answer is pretty obvious: her alternative outfits sucks balls.

:facepalm:

We don't know if they are actually still visible. What we do know is that Triss doesn't want to show cleavage anymore.

CDPR ignored that in TW1. Then they improved upon it and fixed this issue in TW2 by giving Triss a non-cleavage outfit. And in TW3 they ignored it again. It's pretty much infuriating and completely pointless, especially since Triss' outfit in TW2 was even more sexy than both of her outfits in TW3...

So the answer is pretty obvious: her alternative outfits sucks balls.

:facepalm:

Yuuuuuup.
:sad:

Mr B

Forum regular
Alternative look for Triss oO

While I like alternative look for Yenefer, Triss's dress is just ridicules. Sorry it had to be said.

Tuco

Forum veteran
I don't like the concept behind the new dress and while I'm not "offended" by it the cleavage is definitely overdone, but holy shit I was impressed when I saw it moving in game for the first time. The "cloth physics" of the skirt is really, really well made.

Bit of a dilemma, love the hair hate the dress, default like the clothes, hate the hair. Just port the entirety of witcher 2's model and be done with it :D

The best way to use this new outfit is switch on before the masked ball for the super hot hair cut and switch off after that.

I like the new alternative outfit. It makes sense for Triss to wear something a bit more practical in Novigrad. She is hiding from the Witcher Hunters and not exactly floating in wealth. After Geralt assists in her escape, however, one would expect her to wear something a bit more ... extravagant? Sorceresses aren't exactly known for their modesty or meek appearance.

I like the Alternative look. My plan is to use it around Act 3. Once I do the party mission with Triss and kiss her I'll head to Skellige to do the missions there and end things with Yen. Then do Triss's Now or Never quest. Then I'll activate the Alternative look for the later stages of the game. Tying it into her blossoming into the powerful sorceress she is. She has the man she loves and she's more confidant. My way of giving her some sort of development besides "Well?"

I agree. The alt look is way out of place in most of the game, especially when she is hiding from the witch hunters. When the lodge comes back together, the alt costume looks great, contrasting nicely with the costumes of the other sorceresses.

I agree. The alt look is way out of place in most of the game, especially when she is hiding from the witch hunters. When the lodge comes back together, the alt costume looks great, contrasting nicely with the costumes of the other sorceresses.

Right, At this point Triss has nothing to hide from, she is safe and among friends and even has a great job lined up in Kovir so she can afford to let go and be fancy. I would say she's in a much better position in Act 3 than most of the Lodge sorceresses. But running from Witch Hunters in the alt outfit is just crazy. lol!!

Even though I think this elven princess outfit looks beautiful, imo it just doesn't fit Triss at all. That's totally OOC also as others said running from Witch Hunters in that outfit is a bit ridiculous... I like her new hairdo, though! :D

Completely out of step with both the game setting and the character herself. I mean, she's supposed to be in hiding. She wears that and sticks out like a sore thumb. It should have been her legacy outfit from The Witcher 2. I think that would have gone down a hell of a lot better. To be honest, none of the Alternative Outfits look good. Both Yen's and the upcoming Ciri's again look out of step with their characters too.

Last edited:
The sad thing is that a lot of people will install the game, click the check box on all of the DLC and then the default Triss look for many people will be the crappy alternative look.

Top Bottom