YOUR patch 1.5 discussion thread

+
YOUR patch 1.5 discussion thread

Now everybody should have downloaded the latest patch 1.5 of The Witcher. What do you think of it? What's your opinion? We can discuss all here in this thread and don't need to open many individual "1.5 patch" topics. All topic related issues are discussed here. All problems are discussed here. Don't be afraid :whatthe: that your issue won't get noticed after this thread grows up with many pages. We have many amiable and watchful users in our community who notice every new reply. Your comments or problems don't get abondoned :peace:Just a few hints :wave:
  • Story- and quest related topics you can discuss in the Story & Quest forum . If you open your thread there, please mark your topic with a prefix as you can see in this forum.
  • Qustions which refer to mechanics etc. of the adventures go down well in the Modding forum
  • Technical problems are (hopefully) solved in the ingame tech forum, there is already one Patch 1.5 thread sticky.

well, since the 1.5 patch, i decided to reinstall, and play the witcher ee again :) but on the poker game, im having trouble getting the quest to advance. im in ch1 (so far) and i just need to beat odo for the quest to advance...but the problem is....ive beaten him 4 times, gotten the ext for it, but the quest hasent advanced, no music, no little popup saying "quest completed/advanced! you have beaten X-person!" as it usually does.clean install, unmodded, 1.5 patch only addition ontop of that.

the thing i like the most about the new patch is the fact you don't need the cd anymore to play the game. i have 1 cd on slot on my pc and some games require either dvd or cdrom, and i used to have to shut down the pc,and swap out the drives (which can be a pain sometimes) to play certain games. at least now with the way it is,i can just click it and go. the way it should be. i just wanted to say thank you. i'm reading other topics about problems with the new patch, so far i can say its smooth sailing.even my old saves from patch 1.4 still work no problem. which is good considering i'm finally near the end.keep up the ggod work, and i'll continue to buy your products. i cant wait for ROTWW. ;D

Have you talked to Zoltan? I think he's the one who tells you that you're ready for more advanced players, the first time you are.

hmm....no i havent talked to him yet....but its a good ideaEDIT: zoltan hasent updated the quest, and i still need to beat Odo (according to the quest, 5th time ive beat him now...) and ive beaten everyone else on the list too......

I still need the stupid thing. I'm not sure what happened. The new adventures loaded...weird. I don't really care, thankfully, but still....

I would not worry too much about it in Act I ... that quest can also be completed in Acts II or III. Just keep challenging poker players you meet ... you'll need cash anyway :Di believe there are a couple of possible triggers to advance the quest. Have you had a drinking contest with Zoltan yet ?It does sound weird that you've had to beat him so many times ... have you played Mikul and Haren ?

I believe you only need to beat 3 people to progress to the next level from novice. I didn't even play Odo: I beat Zoltan, Haren and Mikul and that was enough. In Act II the Gardener and Vaska also play dice at novice level.

Is the Directors Cut Patch and patch 1.5 separate things? The director's cut patch hasn't been released yet, right?

If I get the US version of witcher EE and install the 1.5 and directors cut patch it will the be same as the international version of witcher EE? And, dont have to install this [ftp=ftp://thewitcherworld.com/downloads.php]thewitcherworld.com/downloads.php[/ftp] anymore, all this is in the directors cut?

I just dl'd the new official director's cut patch. I ran the EXE. Is that it? The game is now director's cut edition? Is there any way to test if I patched it correctly?

Great question. I was wondering the same thing. Is there somewhere in the world we can go that we can see how different the Directors Cut is?Whats the best way of knowing if we are patched correctly or not?

i don't know any of this for sure, but if you had a north american edition and ran the DC patch, you should see the difference with the first sex card you collect in the outskirts (the first card -- at Kaer Morhen is the same, so you won't be able to tell there)whichever cards you get in the outskirts, you'll now see actual breasts :D

Hi, I'm running the 1.5 patch after purchasing the Enhanced edition in the US about a month ago. I've just come across mention of the blood revival patch in the forums recently. I've seen plenty of blood spots after fighting, but don't know if that is what the blood revival patch is all about. Can anyone tell me if the blood revival patch is part of 1.5, or should i just attempt to download it and run it and see what happens? I've run a few forum searches and can't find that specific answer, so if it has already been answered I apologize.Thanks.

When the EE first came out they over looked it so if I where you I would run the patch if you want to be on the safe side make of copy of your saved game before running the patch that way if anything goes wrong you have a save game as back up ;)

Okay, I am getting very desperate. I updated to the Director's cut along with the 1.5 patch. And now the game crashes to the desktop more than ever. I have tried every freakng trick in the book to no avail. Anyone else having simular trouble? I know the main problem is that I run VIsta 32 bit OS.

Hi All. I'm brand new here. I just bought the game, not the enhnaced edition and it has no cd key (I'm in Canada). I've requested one. Also, I cannot seem to get the patches to download, it just opens a new blank web browser window when I try to download. Can anyone offer any advice on this? Also, what patches should I download and install?Many thanks,Symir

Top Bottom