YOUR patch 1.5 discussion thread

+
If you cannot register game you cannot download the Enhanced Edition. When you have the registration code on thewitcher.com there are the instruction about how and what to do to download and install the pacth.Anyway, you should first download the Language pack and then download\install patch 1.4. This two should update your game to the Enhanced Edition. I highly reccommend to install this patch 1.4 because it reduces you loading time of about 80%.cheers

secondchildren said:
If you cannot register game you cannot download the Enhanced Edition. When you have the registration code on thewitcher.com there are the instruction about how and what to do to download and install the pacth.Anyway, you should first download the Language pack and then download\install patch 1.4. This two should update your game to the Enhanced Edition. I highly reccommend to install this patch 1.4 because it reduces you loading time of about 80%.cheers
Thank you. I haven't installed the game yet. I just recieved my cd key, so I think I will register it now.

I've installed and registered the game, but I still cannot download the patches. Any ideas? A blank window just pops up.

Symir said:
I've installed and registered the game, but I still cannot download the patches. Any ideas? A blank window just pops up.
Are you trying to update the game via the launcher, or are you trying to download patches with your browser? Whichever one you've tried, try the other one and see if that helps. The download to upgrade to the EE is here: http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/www/installation_of_twee_in_four_easy_steps.html

I had a problem with downloading also the patch. Finally got my patch downloaded from herehttp://news.bigdownload.com/2009/07/08/download-the-witcher-v1-5-patch/ Good luck

I can't get anything to download, a blank window opens and that's it. I am now downloading from the link. Thanks!

Draconian1953 said:
I had a problem with downloading also the patch.
You couldn't download the patch because you haven't registered your game -- it's only available to registered game owners.
Draconian1953 said:
I can't get anything to download, a blank window opens and that's it.
Do you have your browser set so that web pages can't redirect you? If so, the jump from the front page to the download page may be blocked by your browser.Try this: http://www.sciagnij.pl/programy/p/Windows-Narzedzia-Patche-The_Witcher_Enhanced_Edition_Directors_Cut/9259

shoudnt this be in the spolers section since your asking for feedback on the game ie certain points which i cant mention :p that are in need of fixing

Played it once through.Noticed a couple of bugs, which I think have been in the game since day 1:After asking the dwarven smith to craft the lightning rod, if you talk to Zoltan before picking up the rod, the game crashes.Han plants, after being picked the first time, will start to produce berbercane fruit. Not that I mind, since tawny/albedo is the only potion I make dozens of, but figured I'll mention it anyway.Overall, the game seems to have fewer loose ends .. this time round I didn't feel like Thaler's dialogue in act 3 made no sense.I wasn't able to solve the case before doing the autopsy like I used to, though my memory may just have failed me when trying to find evidence on Ramsmeat. Pretty sure I was just 1 bit of evidence short of figuring out everything (Ramsmeat and Kalkstein were the only remaining suspects at that point).

Tlazolteotl said:
Played it once through.
Hey, haven't seen you around in awhile! Nice to see you again.
Han plants, after being picked the first time, will start to produce berbercane fruit. Not that I mind, since tawny/albedo is the only potion I make dozens of, but figured I'll mention it anyway.
Yep, that bug has been in there forever. There's a fix for it, if you want your han plants to actually give you han, though you sound as if you may be just as happy to have them give berbercane: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=24609.msg527712#msg527712
[I wasn't able to solve the case before doing the autopsy like I used to, though my memory may just have failed me when trying to find evidence on Ramsmeat. Pretty sure I was just 1 bit of evidence short of figuring out everything (Ramsmeat and Kalkstein were the only remaining suspects at that point).
Did you used to solve the case before the autopsy through some means other than finding the, er, item in the crypt in the cemetery?

Hihi Corylea!Yes, I used to solve the case by proving everyone innocent one by one (i.e. without going to cemetery or doing autopsy).I don't think it's possible to prove Kalkstein innocent that way, but as I recall, if he's the only suspect remaining, Geralt figures out that he's innocent too.

*ahem* we have a Story & Quest forum for all quest related discussions incl. occurences which may happen after 1.5. And, believe me or not... there is a whole Vizima confidental thread. Hope to see you all there :wave:

PetraSilie said:
*ahem* we have a Story & Quest forum for all quest related discussions incl. occurences which may happen after 1.5. And, believe me or not... there is a whole Vizima confidental thread. Hope to see you all there :wave:
Someday I'm going to come to your house and make sure you go to a new room every time you talk about a different topic; we'll have you running all over the house! :DNo conversations allowed on the Witcher forum; you might stray from your assigned topic. :(

Daerdin said:
- If a moderator asks users to not behave in a certain way, they often have a good reason. Please abide by their requests and contact them directly via PM or E-mail if you disagree or would like to comment. Not in a thread.The Moderators Team
:peace:

I've just installed the game & wanted to patch it to the latest version (1.5?) yet the official patch website doesn't seem to be working. I then downloaded patches 1.4 & 1.5 from alternate websites yet when I tried to install them, it said "The language pack corresponding to the language version of the game already on your system was not found. Download the relevant language pack".What can I do in order to patch my game? I live in the UK and I'm assuming I have the UK version of the game by the way, if that helps.Thanks guys.EDIT: Oh by the way, the official site which doesn't seem to be working when trying to get the patch is: http://www.thewitcher.com/registration/en/www/patch.html

There's lots of information about this available in the In-Game Tech section; you might want to browse the posts there.The short answer isYes, the patch is there; plenty of people have downloaded it with no difficulty. There are a number of people who have had trouble with the download, too, though, so you're not alone. The two most common sources of this problem seem to be overeager anti-virus software and browsers that are trying to protect you from downloads, page redirects, etc., "for your own good." Both anti-virus software and protective browsers can be very useful, but they do get in the way when you're intentionally changing existing files on your computer, such as when patching a game.So the first thing you should do is turn off your anti-virus until you've finished patching. Do remember to turn it back on again when you're done!If you're using Internet Explorer, try a different browser for this; a lot of people have reported good success with Google Chrome.If you're not using IE, check your browser's settings. Firefox has so many add-ons that it's very easy for one of them to "helpfully" block the very content that you're trying to download.Some people who have trouble with the main site have no problem using a mirror. There are five official mirrors listed; if the main site doesn't work for you, try one of these: Mirror 1 Mirror 2 MIrror 3 Mirror 4 Mirror 5It's not an "official" mirror, but the Witcher Vault also offers the 1.5 patch here .

OK great thank you. Do I need to install patch 1.4 BEFORE installing patch 1.5, or does patch 1.5 have everything I need?I've been using Firefox in order to download the patch, yet it's not working. I've just tried IE but that doesn't work either. I also tried turning off my Anti Virus (AVG) along with my Firewall (Zone Alarm) yet no luck there either.The official mirrors you listed seem to be email addresses as Outlook Express opens up when I click them. Should this be happening?It's weird as I can download ANYTHING else online, but this doesn't seem to wanna work for me. I just get a blank white screen in BOTH IE & Firefox when clicking the Download link.

Vanchatron said:
Great, 1.5 is downloading now. Do I need to install Patch 1.4 beforehand though?
Are you starting from the original version of the game or from the EE? The Enhanced Edition is 1.4. If you're starting from the original version, then you've got a whole lot of updating to do! Please check the In-Game Tech section for all the particulars, if you're upgrading the game from that far back.

Top Bottom