Your thoughts on 2079 being in teaser trailer 2?

+
I'm assuming you all know, but just before 2023 pops up, we see 2079. Now to my knowledge all of the other years shown in the trailer have significant lore importance to Cyberpunk. Whether it'd be Mike Pondsmith's, CDPR or other Cyberpunk media. However, 2079 should mean absolutely nothing to V. V only as 6 months to live give or take; which means they'll likely last to late 2077 or early 2078. We know Johnny is back, so it must take place during Act 2. Meaning no way in hell does it take place during post ending. I don't think we know much about post 2077:

Source: https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline

April 20-30: Night Corp expects to finalize construction of a maglev network connecting Night City to other NUSA cities.

May 3-5: Lizzy Wizzy is scheduled to play concerts at the Crystal Palace as part of her Cosmic Tour.

Winter: The first connections of Night Corp's intercontinental maglev network are planned to become operational. Moore Technologies plans to release the Artifex, an advanced 3D printer that scans the user's brain to create objects that the user imagines.

2080s

2080: Night Corp's 3-hour maglev connection to Chicago is expected to become operational. Leading AI analytics predicts, with 74% confidence, that a second hot war between the New United States and the Free States will occur by this year.

So, yeah not much is known post 2077, at least that I am aware of. So, is the 2079 thing simply a red herring? The only other thing I can think of is that is the title to the sequel, but that wouldn't make sense as they're advertising PL not the sequel.

CDPR is pretty crafty with their hidden messaging. I imagine it will be the year the next game is set in or have some kind of significance in Phantom Liberty.

I'm hoping it's not the year the sequel takes place in because that basically means they've abandoned V, and I ain't ready to do that. Their story is incomplete.

I doubt it's a red herring. CDPR wouldn't have put it there if it didn't have some significance.

My guess is on the sequel being set during that time. V's story is over as V will be dead by then but, like @LeKill3rFou, I suspect Phantom Liberty will bring some more explanation for what the date means and, I believe, also set the stage for future events for which V will be remembered as a catalyst.

Then again PL could be some completely disconnected expansion that won't have any relevance with future games. I'd be surprised but who knows? We know so little about it.

I'm hoping it's not the year the sequel takes place in because that basically means they've abandoned V, and I ain't ready to do that. Their story is incomplete.

Unless they do an OMG reveal and have V show up as a supporting character :eek:

If CP77 is anything to go by, they'd more likely get a clear conclusion that way...

Hey,
there were actually much more numbers, right?

The community had been able to find messages that appeared only for a few frames in the older trailers, so I am pretty surprised that no one found any hidden messages in the recent ones... :shrug: ?

CDPR is pretty crafty with their hidden messaging. I imagine it will be the year the next game is set in or have some kind of significance in Phantom Liberty.
I agree. I believe that its a hint at what's to come and the events of Phantom Liberty will be the catalyst for what occurs in 2080.

"2080: Night Corp's 3-hour maglev connection to Chicago is expected to become operational. Leading AI analytics predicts, with 74% confidence, that a second hot war between the New United States and the Free States will occur by this year."

Top Bottom