Your weirdest dreams

+
I don't sleep very well and I think it's because I tend to have these bad, bad dreams. They're like old Nine Inch Nails videos when they're light. I remember one in which I met the Pope but suddenly it wasn't the Pope anymore but something really evil who pointed a finger to me. It was pure evil with a horrible, twisted finger. In the last couple of years it's got better, but I wish I could relax more when I start to dream a more vivid dream (I actually tend to wake up afraid it will become a nightmare).

Now, when I have a good dream, it's as rich as some described here and I love the chance to actually interpret it. I don't believe dreams are something mystical or exoteric. Or maybe they are, I don't know. But certainly they are interpretations - and interpreting them is interpreting an interpretation, if you understand me. Very rich experience if you're interested in your interior life and in what you really think or feel about things, I guess.

Last edited:
I think dreams are awesome because we let our subconscious fly free, feeding off of our emotions and personal experiences. They're especially awesome for lucid dreamers, since wr can turn events around in our favor.

But I don't think they are anything special, spiritual or esoteric, and any dream interpretation is completely arbitrary and subjective.

Once ( thirty years ago? ) i dreamed that i ate my grandpa's bones, after i played volleyball with my grandma, using his skeleton head as ball.

I was in a villa (Which looked a lot like my friend's villa) , and when I went out to the yard a clown was there, burning a pile of birthday packages.

Another time I was dressed like a private investigator (beige trench coat and a hat) and walked towards a lonely house which looked like it was designed in the 30's, when I opened the door, I was suddenly in one of the bathrooms in my school, shit and blood smeared all over the walls, which made sense because some idiot had done something similar in my school that same week.

And when I had a really bad fever, I was climbing up an infinitely big canyon, and during that whole time it felt as if my back was impaled by a spike.

About six months ago I had done something rather shady, and in my dream me and my father were in an empty hospital reception, he looked at me with the coldest look ever and yelled "I KNOW WHAT YOU DID" repeatedly, next the dream just jumps ahead and I find myself running through a street in nothing but underwear, music from a Breaking Bad scene (when Jesse pours gasoline all over Walt's house) is playing, then I stop at a cycle docking station and hit one with an axe, and then I wake up.

One time Buñuel told Dalí he had dreamt about a cloud which sliced the moon like a blade slicing through an eye, and Dalí replied he dreamt about a hand covered in ants. And so the surrealist dream-made-film, Un Chien Andalou, was born in 1928:

Last edited:
Once ( thirty years ago? ) i dreamed that i ate my grandpa's bones, after i played volleyball with my grandma, using his skeleton head as ball.

Interesting and weird dream. :)

I had a dream in which there was cannibalism, because of that old cannibal in The Witcher 1. That part of the game was creepy (the music, the atmosphere) and I used to play at night, my son was sleeping, most of the house in completely darkness and it's only the two of us here. It was night in the game as well, I was tired of killing drowners and I thought it would be nice to pay a visit to that "nice old man". Well... I had a bad dream about that, skulls running around and such.

I used to dream incessantly when I was a teenager. As I got older that seemed to fade away. When I dream now, it's often lucid dreaming that I can control. Quite a trip. I can drift in and out of sleep and pick up the same narrative, so to speak. I've always had the recurring dream of a giant monster finding me in a city, Godzilla style. No matter where I am, the thing is after me and me alone. The other night I was with a troupe of survivors, escaping assault after assault of mysterious 500 ft. creatures in an urban environment. I literally woke up and went back to sleep half a dozen times, picking things up where they left off. The crazy thing about it is the clarity of it all; I can recall specific streets and alleyways, raiding a sporting goods store for proper hiking boots, a backpack and power bars. The whole time I was assessing the nitty-gritty details, how to get out of it alive. I would be hiding in the lower levels of an abandoned apt building in the event it got toppled by the monster, or traveling in the sewers as it stomped around above. Funny to write about it.

Last edited:
I think that's always the most disturbing insight into evil that we have, that it's so everyday and normal. The slavering and infernal demon from hell you can understand and deal with in a simple manner, it makes no choice but merely acts out as it is supposed to. But when a kind old man dines on the dead, when a brave soldier gluts himself on blood and rape in a besieged city, when a terrorist blows apart innocents he regards as inhuman for a war they're not even aware of, and then these people go home and live good lives and are upstanding citizens. That's when things get scary and you realise that you'd prefer the monster, because civilisation is only a word we have scratched over our own nature, and it barely suffices to restrain it.

The monsters from the Id are far more terrifying than anything we can conjure with special effects.

The other night I was with a troupe of survivors, escaping assault after assault of mysterious 500 ft. creatures in an urban environment....

Does this mean you sometimes have "cinematic" dreams? It read that way. I do, occasionally, it's really weird. I wonder if people had the equivalent dreams 100 years ago.

And regarding dream interpretations, I think that some have meaning, but not on any psychic/mystical level. There're the simple explanations regarding external sounds - I know that my subconsious will convert the sound of a plane flying over, or a thunderstorm, into a fairly recurrent "alien invasion" dream, and that if I hear cats, I get a dream about inexplicably taking the cats out with me to the mall or to work and mislaying some of them. There's also the impact of real-life stress, or worrying about something, that can translate into horror-movie dreams.

But most detailed interpretations are, imo, total bullshit. I'm looking at the moment at a website on interpretations, to pick up examples (and I'm not going to honour it with a link) and found this little gem:
"To dream that you are urinating symbolizes a cleansing and a release of negative or repressed emotions. Depending on your dream context, urination is symbolic of having or lacking basic control of your life. You are literally "pissed off" and not expressing yourself in a positive or constructive manner."
Actually, I suspect that it means that you need to wake up and go to the loo. Now.

Does this mean you sometimes have "cinematic" dreams? It read that way. I do, occasionally, it's really weird. I wonder if people had the equivalent dreams 100 years ago.

And regarding dream interpretations, I think that some have meaning, but not on any psychic/mystical level. There're the simple explanations regarding external sounds - I know that my subconsious will convert the sound of a plane flying over, or a thunderstorm, into a fairly recurrent "alien invasion" dream, and that if I hear cats, I get a dream about inexplicably taking the cats out with me to the mall or to work and mislaying some of them. There's also the impact of real-life stress, or worrying about something, that can translate into horror-movie dreams.

But most detailed interpretations are, imo, total bullshit. I'm looking at the moment at a website on interpretations, to pick up examples (and I'm not going to honour it with a link) and found this little gem:
"To dream that you are urinating symbolizes a cleansing and a release of negative or repressed emotions. Depending on your dream context, urination is symbolic of having or lacking basic control of your life. You are literally "pissed off" and not expressing yourself in a positive or constructive manner."
Actually, I suspect that it means that you need to wake up and go to the loo. Now.

I don't believe in deep meanings for dreams either. But I can recognize certain fears that get reflected in my dreams time and again. I forget my pants for school. I get lost at school, I forgot my schedule for classes, I'm running from a giant monster in a city. These play out again and again. Just give me the flying dreams back. I miss those. I wouldn't say any are cinematic, always in first person. Like found footage films.

Last edited:
I agree with @dragonbird about out dreams being possibly influenced (and therefore understood) by external factors. Our brain never sleeps, and many low level computational processes such as sound processing remain active. There is a whole family of sound our system reacts to even while sleeping, usually those related to the elements: fire, water running, etc. It's a matter of survival.

And like @slimgrin I also get recurrent dreams. There's for instance the one where I just realized I never attended a class I signed up for, and the scene where I'm being chased and the door doesn't close because suddenly it's way smaller than the frame :p

Interesting dreams, everyone. That "I know what you did" was terrifying, i can imagine.

I had a dream in which there was cannibalism, because of that old cannibal in The Witcher 1. That part of the game was creepy (the music, the atmosphere) and I used to play at night, my son was sleeping, most of the house in completely darkness and it's only the two of us here. It was night in the game as well, I was tired of killing drowners and I thought it would be nice to pay a visit to that "nice old man". Well... I had a bad dream about that, skulls running around and such.

That "nice old man"...
It's one of the things we *later* remember and laugh about.

Another weird dream i had a few months ago: There was a dummy of me. I remember her moving towards me, getting in my body, and then we were inseparate. I tried to speak, but that thing didn't let me. I somehow managed to get her out of me, but she was standing there, looking at me, trying to get me again. I thought that she would replace me in people's eyes and i would then stop existing. It was a very disturbing dream. Thankfully i wope up before she replace me.

My dreams aren't always in first person. Many times i see myself playing the movie, i know it's me, but i can see me, it's weird.
And one time i had a logical thought during the dream, which proved me that i was dreaming. (And another time i knew it, but that was not a logical conclusion but a reaction to fear: "wake up NOW" ).

Last edited:
Actually I would see his profile as he raised the finger and it was worst then this. But you got the idea.

Last edited:
I think that dream meant my destiny is to be a persona non grata, a looser if you will. The unwanted, the outcast. You know, that poor stupid thing everybody laughs about or hates.

It started early: my father and my mother hated me. He actually is a monster. And guess what: I'm far from being a teenager and it still hurts. It never heals. It's structural. I feel so fucking unworthy most of the time.

But now I'm a mom, I can't actually think about these things. I have an obligation to stay in this stupid existence. My son is beautiful and he's innocent. But sometimes it's just too hard.
Sorry. I guess my depression is here. This is my last post anyway.

The other night I defended my bandit hideout with exploding powdered goat cheese against a revial gang in an underground city. However, the cheese didn't actually explode which was pretty lame.

I think that dream meant my destiny is to be a persona non grata, a looser if you will. The unwanted, the outcast. You know, that poor stupid thing everybody laughs about or hates.

It started early: my father and my mother hated me. He actually is a monster. And guess what: I'm far from being a teenager and it still hurts. It never heals. It's structural. I feel so fucking unworthy most of the time.

But now I'm a mom, I can't actually think about these things. I have an obligation to stay in this stupid existence. My son is beautiful and he's innocent. But sometimes it's just too hard.
Sorry. I guess my depression is here. This is my last post anyway.

I hope not your actual last post in the forums. Nobody is unwelcome here, we are a small community and everybody plays a part in keeping it alive.

Thanks for sharing your dream with us :). I would disagree with the meaning though: sometimes we dream about how we feel, which may be different from how things are.

Top Bottom