Your Witcher 3 upgrade wishlist?

+
It would be awesome if the physics worked properly also at higher framerates. In the current version they only do at 30 fps.
Post automatically merged:

I just want the E3 effects restored, updating some aspects in the retail like the draw distance, and then get new stuff like ray tracing. That for me will be the definitive way to play the Witcher 3
It would be great to see those effects in the game.
Post automatically merged:

All I want for Christmas....oh wait, wrong list.

Actually, all I would like is the release of the Red Kit.
Well said.

Last edited:
I seriously hope they fix the horrible hair transparency,and well i'd love the trailer light...but i know it's not gonna happen :(

Here are some more things I thought of while playing TW3 recently:

1. Pre-rendered cutscenes on the PC version suck, they are low quality (i have a 1440p display at Uber settings) and only 30FPS, they are also noticeably quieter for some reason. You also can't see hairworks on them (duh). I believe it's because of last gen consoles and their lack of computing power to calculate those scenes on their own. It would be so much better though if they were replaced by cutscenes rendered in real time ALL the time.

2. Hairworks has a bad LOD at a certain distance and it's mostly visible in cutscenes. An option to increase that LOD distance would be appreciated.

3. The game's audio is at much lower volume than the previous Witchers (not a big problem but it's too quiet in my opinion).

-When I play TW1 & 2 i have my system volume at about 30 with maxed volume on my headphones but with TW3 I have to crank it up to about 70 lol.

4. Audio is just unbalanced in general.
-Sometimes the music is much louder than dialogues (at least in the Polish version) making them harder to hear. I wish background music would tone down a little bit during dialogues like it did in The Witcher 1. Also very often the music doesn't match what's happening on the screen, like in the romantic scenes at Vegelbud's Masquerade Ball when you can hear that obnoxious Gwent/Tavern music in the background that's totally ruining the charm of that moment.

Why don't we let cdpr know what graphical features people prefer writing all these stuff in the thread where they announced the remastered version?

- Advanced foliage interaction/physics (Not just the grass)
- Better collision detection (For monsters and trees in general)
- Better Ragdoll physics (Killed monsters clipping through the environment in a fixed position is a bit immersion-breaking)
- Better water physics
- Higher level of detail
- Snow physics in Skellige
- Mud physics (Like in RDR2)
- Scabbards for every swordwielding NPC
- High ress textures
To name a few

It would be so insane if we got a trailer and the first things wee see is this
images.jpeg

Last edited:
That they fixed the game so it doesn't bright flicker when using g sync.

What do I mean by this?

Loading menus and menus in general are locked at 30fps. A lot of freesync and g sync monitors have a rage of 48-144hz. So when the frames drop below that range, LFC kicks in and there is a bright flash on the screen. And for some reason, Witcher 3 has lots of microstutters that make the game frames go to 30 (even if you don't notice it).

Last edited:
I want stuff in the .ini files to be fixed - increasing GrassDistanceScale beyond ultra causes stutter even in places like Novigrad where there is little grass.

Basically I want smooth Ultra+ settings, updated textures (maybe they hire Halk???), and ray tracing. Should be very pretty!
If they could update NPC movement/appearance that would be great but it sounds hard.

A lot of people already stated the obvious visual improvements, so I won't bother repeating those.
Instead, some game changing advice, which would switch the overall feel of the game.​

• 1st of all, avoid cutscenes as much as possible. For example, 1 situation really sticks out for me every time I think about this. When hunting the royal wyvern for the contract, you climb trough a cave, to arrive to the top of the nest on the hill, where you fight 2 regular wyverns (if I remember correctly), after whose defeat, a royal wyvern flies up from nowhere, to surprise you. EXCEPT, it's no surprise, because the game played a cutscene to show me that, instead of just letting me experience this in the moment. Pointless cutscenes should be avoided in every game, it's so much more effective to experience events real time in-game. That makes it an experience that just happened to you, instead of taking away the control from the player, which is, imo, the worst thing to do, and a lazy way out, not to have to implement those events as core game play mechanics. When you avoid cutscenes, everything is more connected. I'm okay with the dialogue cutscenes, for the most part.

• Next on the chopping block, monster encounters. The monsters themselves are really cool, but also way too passive, which in most cases, removes the "monster" aspect away. They hit the nail on the head with some monsters in B&W, most notably the Bruxa/Alp. Super aggressive, leaves little room for you to breathe, dodges your attacks unless you stun them in some way 1st. Really justifies the description in the bestiary that very few witchers dare take contracts on these monsters. They ARE dangerous. If i see the lady in the cloak waiting for me behind some trees in the woods, I'm either turning around, or taking the long way around. (unless of course, you don't play on Death March, and have mods that increase the combat difficulty of the game. But then again, you wouldn't be the type of person to make these complaints then to begin with, would you?).

The opposite example of that would be the Leshen, which in MH:W was a pain in the ass to kill, and in TW3, you just spam igni until it drops dead. This ancient powerful creature is struggling to dish out an attack more than once every 10 sec. and when it does, it's so slow, even a peasant could avoid it, in which case, why do we need Witchers?
Needless to say, underwhelming.

Some mods that I use, hide this fact, and make the combat more exciting. Random encounters reworked for example. Great idea in all aspects, but one. It's random. You have a good amount of customization for what you want, but the spawns are still random. I'll be fighting some kikimores, when all of the sudden, the mod spawns 3 ekkimaras and then a minute later, some ghouls. That makes for some exciting and fresh encounters, but the problem with it being random, still remains. Imagine if instead of it being random, it depended on the area of the world I was in, for example imagine that I was fighting a group of werewolves (simply because in the vanilla game, 1 werewolf is ezpz) and it so turns out, beneath us is a cave, which has a nest of kikimores we disturbed with out ruckus! Okay, they join the fight, which then gives me 2 possibilities; if the game was designed where that encounter would be deadly, I call roach, and either run away, or separate the threats... or if it's somehow manageable to fight both of these at once, or they start fighting amongst themesleves, giving me opportunity to strike some of them down... that then attracts some necrophages, because of the corpses that are fresh on the field. But not random ones, if I'm near a body of water, drowners swim out, if there's a cemetery nearby, ghouls show up.
So we deal with all of those like a good monster hunter we are, and decide to head back to town... Except, some monsters are also hunters, who should, if the opportunity presents itself, ambush their prey. So on our way back to town, while riding roach, we go trough a forest region, with the werewolf trophy hanging by the saddle. The smell attracts some predator from the area. It could be... another pack of werewolves, some bigger monster lurking in the shadow of the night, doesn't matter. The game speaks so much how you should stick to the beaten path, and then I casually gallop on roach throughout every forest, looking at the full moon, without a care in the world.

• Other then that, not much else needs improving, honestly. Some QOL improvements for sure. Like the mods which remove the ridiculous screen effects, like dirty/rainy camera lens. Are we following the Witcher with our camcorder? Is that what you're trying to portray? It's just silly.
Mods that remove the white trails from attacks/swords/arrows. Mods that remove the white paint in places where you're suppose to climb. Sure, just remove all of my sense of wonder for exploration, paint some red arrows while you're at it. I know that sounds mean to whoever came up with that idea, but the idea IS dumb, so...
Mods that add animations to some actions in the game (drinking, eating), not a big deal for me, but I know a lot of people complain about it.
I would much rather see more animations and interactions between themselves on just the regular NPCs we pass by, who by the way, should not repeat the same voice line, 20 times in a row, if I stand too close to them for a hot minute.

Aaand, that's about it! :)

The pop-in problem, textures, shadows, objects in the distance. No matter how much you mod the game, this one persists. Not so much noticable outside of Novigrad, but I've always found it a problem. I feel like this could do wonders for the walking around experience. But I guess it's part of the enginge, so maybe that's too deep a rework. Still, if I had a wish, this would be it.

The pop-in problem, textures, shadows, objects in the distance. No matter how much you mod the game, this one persists. Not so much noticable outside of Novigrad, but I've always found it a problem. I feel like this could do wonders for the walking around experience. But I guess it's part of the enginge, so maybe that's too deep a rework. Still, if I had a wish, this would be it.

I fit makes you feel any better, I still get missing mane and tail for Roach in this or that cutscene. :p

With new visual upgrades could you guys add a way to start a new game with new game + save?
This would be really nice addition. I know there is a mod that does that but official option is always better.

Fixing the trophy system
The trophies' stats in the game are a joke. They are all the same. They either give you 5% more exp, gold, finisher chance or something similarly insignificant (save the finisher chance perhaps). This makes doing monster contracts MUCH less exciting because you always know that the trophy you will get will be useless and predictable. I think REDs should fix the trophy system to something much more like what they had in The Witcher 2, where trophies could give you additional armour, damage, instant kill chance et cetera. That was way more fun and satisfying. I mean they could leave the old stats but implement new ones to the trophies that already have repeating attributes. For example, the Archgriffin trophy and the Earth Elemental trophy both give you 10% more chance to dismember opponents. Instead of that the first one should stay the same and the other would should give you let's say sign intensity.

Top Bottom