Your Witcher 3 upgrade wishlist?

+
Hello ! As I was replying to the news I was thinking that we could express our wishes about this upgrade. I propose this thread so people express their hype about this and share what kind of enhancement they would like to see in hope that CD Projekt take them in to consideration. I have already written this in the news post so I put it here as well so I have my wishes gathered here.

One Warning though ! I don't create this to talk about downgrade. It's behind us. I want this thread to be the most positive thing possible since this news is just huge. We are not in this topic to mourn things cut but to celebrate an awesome game being upgraded and the possibility to see some element back in if such things is among your wishes (like me). Have fun and share.

Damn I fanboy too hard right now. Here is my orginal post on this topic:

Thank you so much for this ! I would even dare say that to be a truly upgraded thing, to look really like next gen it is the perfect opportunity to bring back some visual stuff that had to be removed due to time constraint and optimisation process. It's the perfect time. Here are my graphicals and technical wishes for this upgrade:

- First camera distance options like in FFVII Remake. This feature is really cool and outside of fight this would be nice to let the player choose how close he wants the camera.

- improved blood splatter or dismemberment if possible. I think that can fall under the technical improvements

- Fixed physics for npcs clother at 60 fps

- Improvements on special effect like teleporting effect. Why not bringing back effect that were clearly to heavy for the current gen like this one?
2020-09-04_22h39_03.png

- More particules behaviors like Igni's reacting to the wind. Again with such an upgrade that could be the good moment to bring this back :
2020-09-04_22h46_59.png

- As expanded and improved gameworks: Hairworks for Yennefer, Triss, Vesemir, etc. And almost as importantly improved Hairworks on cloaks and fur. Indeed I think it's time the famous Djange Frett himself get his real cloak back :)
2020-09-04_22h53_07.png

- Improved water

-Enhanced explosion fire and smoke effect since the actual one will not hold with the new generation coming

- Make Skellige feel even colder ! Those clouds must have been too heavy for the current gen but now it should be possible ! Bring them back for an even colder feel in Skellige!

2020-09-04_23h01_30.png

- Call this upgrade The Witcher Wild Hunt enhanced Edition so we can have an enhanced edition trilogy :D Damn if half of these wishes are in the game I will be so glad. Thank you for your hard work. And thank you for not acting like Control devs although the work you face could completly justify you charging for it. You are marvelous.

Last edited:
One Warning though ! I don't create this to talk about downgrade. It's behind us. I want this thread to be the most positive thing possible since this news is just huge. We are not in this topic to mourn things cut but to celebrate an awesome game being proven and the possibility to see some element back in if such things is among your wishes (like me). Have fun and share.
Well said.

We'll see that this thread sticks to your guidelines.

I like too see devs adds real open world traffic,riders and carts moving throughout the countryside.
I actually think this a great idea. Maybe a bit hard to add since it seems like an entirely news thing but I have considered adding to my list riders in Novigrad.

That makes me think that to my list I would like in addition enhanced animation for characters falling from horses getting on them. Geralt seems a bit light when climbing reach for example. That would be nice. Just little things like that would add to the incredible amount of details the game already has.

Sandis

Forum veteran
Hi,

Thank you for your continues support of TW3, please, seriously please fix this annoying and hugely immersion breaking problem that exist for long time, when Npc's pathfinding is messed up, they start to walk in circles, especially in Novigrad, example:
, please address this technical bug, and another big issue is draw distances (LOD), especially on buildings that are not far from you, they just look very bad, (LOD) need to be hugely improved, otherwise very excited and can't wait!.

Last edited:
Excellent thread idea. I have but one very small request.

When you've completed all or the majority of the game, get access to Corvo Bianco and take off your armor to put it on the armor stand.. make sure that the armor doesn't look like it's fluttering in the wind. For instance with the Mastercrafted Griffin Armor the thread on the shoulders looks like there's a gale blowing through the house.

It might be a small detail but for me it was immersion breaking and symbolic, he's hanged up his armor.. it shouldn't be fluttering in the wind. Not anymore.

Oh, and thanks a ton for doing this upgrade CD Projekt. Very much looking forward to playing the game again after a few years with new hardware etc.

Thanks! I really hope a lot of people come and comment. This upgrade is a huge opportunity to improve this masterpiece. the more suggestion we get the more likely we could get some of these being taken in to consideration.

With the Witcher 3 being upgraded for next-gen, I'm curious to see how far they go with it. I hope they put alot of time making sure they take full advantage of the next gen hardware. Could cdpr bring us closer than ever, to the graphics shown before Witcher 3 was downgraded? They had a vision for the Witcher 3 but they had no choice but to downgrade.
I'd love to see, higher NPC density and variety, better textures, better hair physics, better particle FX, and gore, and mabye some quality of life improvements for the actual gameplay, etc.
Withcre-3-6.jpg

the-witcher-3-comparison-2013-vs-2015-build-screen-2.jpg
Witcher-3-6-658x740.jpg

With PC also getting upgraded I would really like to see an update to the Audio menu by adding Headphones, Stereo and 5.1 as options instead of just having the sliders that go from 0 - 100.
Post automatically merged:

Another PC feature I would like to see is VRAM usage when changing the Graphics Settings, plus I would love to see a little description for what each option does.

Touissant is still a bit too yellow for my taste, it'd be nice to see them rework that a little bit if they could. Touissant still looks incredible but the yellow filter always was a bit too heavy imo.

Patience is a virtue they say.. I say thank God I'm alive 5 years later, so I may have the chance to play the game I expected to since day 1.
A game that aside the scrapped but better renderer, would include some of the cut NVIDIA effects. These were:
Volume based translucency,
forward lit soft particles,
aerial perspective fog
and semi volumetric clouds.

I would also like to see back into the game the original HD FX work of Jose Teixeira(Great guy and great artist), some of them we saw in the 2014 34min gameplay demo of E3.

Last but not least I would love to see the magnificent NVIDIA waveworks as seen in the
SOD trailer, in action. Skellige would look sooo much cooler with this upgrade.

What u guys think?

1. I really hope this update doesnt create additional bugs thats first an most important .

2. Maybe they finally can patch that wolf gear bug ( I personally beat game 8 times and never had that bug ) that is still in the game

3. Fixing audio bug on whispering hillock that ( I tested it 4 times manage to trigger it each time ) occurs after speaking with ealdorman in Downwarren.

4. I would like to be able to find and visit Ciri , Triss , Yennefer and other witchers after finishing the main game.

This is a great idea for a thread. I agree with everything you guys wrote above. Here's my wishlist:

1. Level Of Detail/Texture Streaming/Draw Distance.
-This is probably the biggest visual flaw in the base game. Very often I have seen really low resolution textures even very close to the camera, a lot of visible texture pop-in and streaming transitions and very bad draw distance in general. It also applies to the shadows, which are often very low resolution until you come into very close proximity to them. There is also a lot of that blue fog in distant views that makes them quite unaesthetic. All of this was seriously improved with the Blood and Wine DLC which is amazing and it makes distant scenery just beautiful but it very much contrasts the base game unfortunately. Would be the best thing ever if they made it truly next gen across the whole game!

2. Geralt's hair physics on PC don't work with high FPS, please fix it!
-Another major flaw, this time exclusive to PC. The hair physics on Geralt only works well in something like 30-50 FPS range. Above that the movement of the hair is severely reduced, it appears stiff and unresponsive and that's for both normal and Hairworks hair. I know that it can work on 60+ FPS because in the gameplay video from PAX East the hair behaved exemplary and the footage was captured at 60 FPS. It would be SO much better if it was fixed.

3. Antialiasing and shimmering.
-The game suffers from a lot of bad jagged edges and texture shimmering. I think a good antialiasing solution could improve that (the one already in the game is pretty weak). The only good ways i found to reduce those problems is by either getting a higher resolution display or using 4.0X Nvidia's DSR. Those methods help a lot but are very very resource demanding.

4. Texture resolution.
-Could be higher. See The WItcher 3 HD Reworked mod for comparison. It improves quality with a rather small performance hit.

5. Fire and smoke effects.
-Please bring back those glorious VGX/E3 2013 visual effects! Everyone wants them back!

6. Depth of Field for cutscenes only.
-It would be great if they added it as an option. DOF in game worsens quality of distant views but in cutscenes it's quite neat.

7. Moon size and darker nights.
-I wish the moon was normal size like in the previous Witcher games. In TW3 it looks ridiculous. Also the night is in my opinion too bright, the game definitely lacks darkness ;)

8. Controller buttons remapping option.
-I need this so much. I play on a PC with a Xbox One gamepad and I don't like sprinting by holding the 'A' button, I would much rather use a trigger for that. A remapping option would be great.

9. A separate inventory slot for your favourite items.
-Especially for decoctions since there's so many of them and they look too similar.

10. DLSS 2.0???
-??? It's too much to ask for I know :D

Also if they were to add some extra new content to the game, here's what I would like to see:

1. Old hairstyles.
-Seriously it's such a bummer that there are no classic Witcher 1 & 2 hairstyles in TW3. Please bring back at least the one from The Witcher 1, it was so amazing. The long hair in TW3 is just not the same and it looks weird. The Hairworks version of it looks even worse - it's too stiff and looks like it was treated with hair spray.

2. 'Magic Shaving Cream'.
-The beard growth in the game is awesome but since it grows out pretty fast it would be nice to have a way to retain a clean-shaven look. My idea for it is to add some kind of magic shaving cream that lets you rock clean look until the next visit to barber or something :D

3. New finishers.
-There are too little finishing strikes in my opinion especially in comparison to The Witcher 2. Would be great to see some new ones ;)

And of course some bug fixes like Geralt rolling down the stairs all the time.

Another thing I've forgotten about:

An even harder difficulty level

TBH Deathmarch is way too easy

Also enemy scaling could be improved (like the rats); I know it's optional btw

EDIT: Upon reading your comments guys, I realised it's not just Geralt's hair that doesn't work with high FPS but other elements of NPC physics as well.

Last edited:
  1. Fix for 60FPS physics
    There are some problems with overall physics when playing on 60FPS (Geralt's hair HW and non-HW, NPCs hair, movable things on characters like medallions, weapon, etc.). It's clear, that the engine was designed with 30FPS in mind, but I hope it can be bypassed with some tinkering with numbers.
  2. Proper 21:9 aspect ratio support
    The game overall supports 21:9 aspect ratio, but dialog cutscenes have black bars on their sides, that can be removed with hex editing game's executable. Would be nice if this would be handled out of a box.
  3. Fix for dyeable armor textures blue lines bug
    With introduction of dyes, some witcher armors received really ugly looking blue/purple lines. Though they are not as visible during normal gameplay, in cutscenses this is a real eyesore.
  4. Fix for invisible rain bug
    There is a known bug, when rain is visible only under certain camera angle. I believe it occurs only when loading a save game where it's already raining and when fast traveling to the location with such weather.
  5. Overall bug fixes
    It would be great, if developers would check some unofficial patches (like Nitpickers Patch, Besserwisser's Fix Collection) bug lists and fix some of a more jarring issues.
On a more non-bugfix side:
  1. New water
    I would love to see water reworked. Something more like in Assassin's Creed Odyssey would look phenomenal.
  2. Toussaint timepass cutscene in main game
    You know, the one played after liberating abandoned sites.
And on a non in-game related side:
  1. Release an enhanced soundtrack
    There are some great in-game tracks (e.g. this one), that were omitted on the official soundtrack.
    Also, physical CD release of all soundtracks (main game + HoS + BaW) as one package or separate albums.

Last edited:
toggle Witcher senses on and off option.
looting doesn't have to have the camera centered to work.
horses more aware of the path they are on.
after conversations ai doesn't run into you ever time.
better animation movements for Gerald.
absolute camera mod implemented.

Last edited:
Release an enhanced soundtrack
There are some great in-game tracks (e.g. this one), that were omitted on the official soundtrack.
Also, physical CD release of all soundtracks (main game + HoS + BaW) as one package or separate albums.
I was going to suggest this also as one of my wishes as well. There were a lot of great songs left out of the OST including Outskirts of Novigrad and The Bits. Would like to see an enhanced soundtrack too.

The thing that really bothers in the current version is how absurd trees and branches are moving in the wind. It's ridicously exaggerated. I hope they''ll move more natural in the next gen version.

Top Bottom