Your Witcher 3 upgrade wishlist?

+
I would like to see a cloak in the game, like in the "Killing monsters" trailer
Screenshot_1.png

Hey!
So i wanted to propse some suggestions for the pc version of The Witcher 3 that is getting an upgrade.
Since im new on this forum i need to post it here in the welcome thread.

Suggestion/question1 :
Is there a possibility for you devs to make the pre-rendered cutscenes in the original game to actual in engine cutscene animations for the PC version of the game?

why1 :
I find it immersion breaking that characters dont wear the same set of clothes or have the set hairstyle(beard etc.) in cutscenes that plays pre rendered as in my current local game save.
THIS ALSO goes for MODS. Mods that change appearances made by the modding community. clothing etc.
Since PC's in general have more power than consoles. Why bottleneck the immersion with console features?

Suggestion/question2:
Could you expand and or add or redo the modding support for the game ?

why2:
The current modding tools for the game is limiting the communitys freedom to do what we want to do. (for example the mod limit in game is game-breaking, and the difficulty of creating a proper mod for TW3 is much higher than example : elder scrolls. The freedom is limited. Creating quests is hard)
With better tools, support and freedom the community can easily expand the already astonoshing game experience we have today. This increases replayability. Immersion. Keeps the game alive for longer, and the fans more happy.
Elder scrolls in comparison have some amazing tools that let modders/creators easily craft "gold" for the community to enjoy.

Thanks for the attention. I do love TW3 with all my heart , and hopefully togheter we can come togheter and make this great game even better <3

Best regards
- Even_Rygh

A bit late to the wishlist party, but here I go, in -more or less- order of preference:
  1. TAA support: Omg am I crazy? Asking for antialiasing before any other form of graphics improvement? "But man, TAA is a blurry mess". IMHO TAA, when properly done & tweaked, is one of the greatest improvements in image quality that we have had in the latest years, along with volumetrics and raytracing. Not only is a pretty fast and good quality AA but does an incredible job removing specular aliasing, which I can notice even at 4K on a 27" monitor. It also pairs incredibly well (greatly enhancing "performance / quality ratio") with volumetric effects such as what I mention in the next two points. Besides, DLSS 2.0 (point 5) requires that the engine supports TAA, so for 5 to happen this must be added.
  2. Volumetric, raymarched clouds: Since Horizon ZD many games have implemented it, such as FFXV, RDR2 MS Flight Sim... This is an absolute must for me to keep W3 alive and real next gen quality. I do not see it happening because it would require a huuuge revision on the wheather & day and night system to be coherent.
  3. Volumetric lightning / fog: W3 uses screen space light shafts I believe, which was already getting old when W3 came out. I can hardly see it happening either because tweaking all the game lighting locations & moods would be even more tedious than the clouds. Regarding volumetric fog, I miss having intense foggy days (A Plague Tale: Innocence comes to my mind). I'd love to get lost in the swamp with such fog.
  4. Raytraced shadows, reflections and GI: Another must for a next gen game. We were already told that is going to have some form of Raytracing.
  5. DLSS 2.0+ / whatever is AMD equivalent in the future: I can't conceive a game that uses any form of raytracing without these right now, specially above 1080p resolutions. I see this more likely to happen if DXR is going to be used.
  6. Enhanced textures: Very likely to happen, I haven't look for the exact announced details but I would be surprised if it wasn't mentioned already.
  7. HDR: Finally coming to PC, I probably will not use it unless I buy a new monitor or TV, but it was shame to not be on par with consoles for PC players.
  8. Enhanced existing graphics settings: Going further in some existing settings such as grass view distance or density would make sense. I always got really annoyed by lens dirt / water when it rains. An option to disable it or adjust the intensity might be nice.
  9. Real built in ultrawide support: It is almost 2021 and we still have to deal with black bars in some games, specially in cutscenes. I understand that a proper support for UW in cutscenes is most likely not happening since they were not thought to be played at that aspect and may have glitches outside the 16:9 viewport but I'd rather see glitches or worse framings than black bars.
I understand and thank CDPR for offering a free upgrade, but I would gladly pay about 50% of the original price to see all of this included in a Next Gen GOTY Edition.

Edit: I want to second something someone already said, we need real time cutscenes and not pre-rendered ones. It just breaks immersion by introducing non matching clothing, capped framerate, worse quality...

Last edited:
Well said Kurtney. I aggree with everything.

One more thing that came to my mind is that they could remake the lightning strikes as they look really last gen and not very realistic at all.

Well-well-weeeeeell,

Dear CDPR, this is the first forum thread, I want to be a part of.

The case is, that I'm used to The Witcher 3 story and many times I tried to break it (consider me as an amateur tester with no further reason).

I like this freaking awesome games for minor details and small hidden dialogues and different content based on my personal walkthrough.

After releasing Dandelion, I've opened the quest log and there was the first Blood and Wine quest to meet knights. The sadness after this microevent waved me away to the shore of microdissapointment. I tracked my further way - end Blood and Wine main quest (events at 1275!) -> return to resque Ciri (events at 1272!). Yeah, my spirit of breaking the games is fully fulfilled, but the deepening atmosphere was tatally ruined.

Then I create a question to yours:
• Why should a player have even a possibility to ruin the timeline entering Tousaint 1275 before 1272?
• The entrance of this prettiest Duchy ever seen is a small moment, so when I listen to this music and see the landscape (after reading books it would be much cooler) it provides me pure chills. Everytime. So this Blood and Wine expancion is the place, where Gerald should come after everthing at Velen and Skellige happened. Why don't you give player these pure emotions of facing Tousaint afterwards? Just a moment of a good scenary and best players impression, not only about timeline.
• Why does this first quest open in the middle of the main quest voyage? This was intended to be, I guess because this is a very grand thing to discuss. Have you got any explanation on that? Would be great.

These I'm asking as a true fan of yours, books, everything's connected to this saga. My pure curiosity and will of improvement shall guide ye to answer mine. Or by the name of the Duchess and on the heron's honour, I shall send my lads to thee to cause a skirmish!

Regards,
Cirill, the Count of Cintra

With the current Cyberpunk situation this upgrade thing needs to be successfull more than ever. The studio has a lot of trust to regain. I expect a lot of work on that too now. More than before. This upgrade must look like a gift to the player base and also make honour to the devs that have seen their awesome work amputated for years now... Give us back what devs put efforts on developping and never got in to the game. Us getting the game the dev team really envisionned but never got because of you know what is the least the management must allow now. Saber Interactive can bring back this just fine to spare CDPR team that are already under insane pressure because of this terrible management.

I sincerely sympathize with CDPR staff...This is terrible... Being crunched like this (bad already) and getting this hell release anyway is truly heartbreaking... I hope this upgrade done by others will do justice to the staff by restoring what they worked on ultimately for nothing back in 2015. And I sure hope they get through thisCyberpunk nightmare with all their physical and mental health.

What I would like to see is:

1: Physics even more. I was surprised how witcher 3 have physics and dismember physics while AC games didnt had that in that period for example but, Fix alternative AARD sign without mod and also add water physics like it was seen in E3 demo, when water is moving so fast in all directions when you step on her.

2: Same vannila GOD Rays but more detailed and little bit more agressive but soft. (what i mean by this is adding dust particles climbing and moving around when looking at GOD rays beams. Similar to Tossaint pollen that its in the air but DUST in GOD Rays beams). Like in Real Life when you look at GOD ray coming out from your window and you can see many little dust substances in it.

3: Ray tracing AMD, Nvidia + DLSS

4: better water overall

5: -/- IDK , some stuff people already mentioned above.

i DONT care if it would hit performance, just I want the best look out of it. Its best game of all time. There wont be next gen after this next gen, so it's now or never.

its now or never man fuck*** hell!

Last edited:
I would love to see semi volumetric clouds, fog and smokes. Small details that make huge difference, especially if added around Skelige mountains.

Better movement of branches and trees in general as the wind blows, it's somewhat irksome.
You can already change the distance which allows trees and branches to move separately and unique, through game files or, if you're inexperienced, through existing mods. I tried it my self once back in the day. I almost burn my 970. Insane fps consume. It could have better results nowadays, if you own one of the newer cards, though.

Actually, I have another item that could be changed if they were inclined to do so. I doubt they would do it because it would require having to have the voice actors come back to record new lines. Just about everything that has to deal with the Reason of State Quest. Dijkstra, in the books, and for most of the base game, is a spy without asperations to be a ruler. He was a man that loved serving his King.

There would still be a reason why he would want Radovid dead, for Adda to be the ruling Queen of Redania and Temeria. Change it to where that could be an outcome if you side with Dijkstra without killing Roche, Ves & Thaler as one of the options. And if Roche and the others don't like a merge Redania & Temeria where you have to kill Dijkstra, then let it state that it was an unknown Doppler that took the form of Dijkstra sometime after seeing the ship full of Mages sail away and before you see him again in the warehouse at the docks. The real Dijkstra, well, his whereabouts is still unknown. Oh, wait, the unknown Doppler could be the friend of the Doppler you have to track in Novigrad. THAT could work out better, knowing that since you didn't have a reason to track down that Doppler's friend, the Doppler became Dijkstra out of revenge against you. THAT, is a perfect explanation for Dijkstra's 180.

And something else, more consequences for the choices that was made during the first 2 games. Roche and Ves not saying anything if you sided with the squirrels? Fat chance of that happening. Triss not saying anything if you didn't save her and Letho did? She's as spiteful as Yennefer. Compound that with giving Alvin to Shani, if you went that way, Triss should be pretty pissed off when seeing Geralt in Novigrad for the first time. Voice lines can be created for inside the granary, for Geralt to either hash it out with Triss (for romance), or to blow it off or, better yet, bluntly telling Triss that she was using him anyway, so why would that matter anymore (for Yennefer romance).

There are a lot of consequences to be worked out from the 2 games that could be dealt with if this is truly going to be the last Witcher game with Geralt. So, make us pay for all of the choices we made. Don't let us off the hook. Not only would it be a fitting end to the game but, it would also make us want to replay the games again to get different outcomes to the final one.

One last thing, allow transfer of saved TW2 endings for the console users to carry over like it is with PC. I know the first game wasn't a console game but, that doesn't mean that it can't work without the choices from it. You can make the AI smart enough to figure out how a player played the 2nd game, to come to a conclusion on what the choices would be if the 1st game was on consoles.

I think that's it........oh wait.......did I mention the actual REDKit for the game should come with this upgrade?

Bad Wolf

Last edited:
I think if they bring it closer to early trailers and demos (or even surpass them), I'll be really happy. I mean, CDPR know what was there and had to be removed for the final version, so there's that. I think the technology is there to make it available for everyone.

Improvements/wishlist:

Things like longer days, better inventory sorting, more slots (without modding), being able to add more sockets to items, improved potion usage, (durations and inventory management there again). Random trophy swapping fix (i keep having to add my dismemberment trophy back). More underwater ruins to explore (i do like this stuff). More unique quests, (I do like the unique ones, they so make a difference!) One other thing, monsters that level with you!

Second half they said. If you want to put money in a month then put it on December. xD

The smart way to do it would be to time it around the time The Witcher season 2 releases on Netflix ..... Then you could pick up a lot of new sales to recoup at least part of the investment into upgrading the game ..... We'll probably find out in about 3 1/2 weeks

If I can I may just buy the full upgrade version outright so I can still keep the original version without overwriting it

Top Bottom