Your Witcher 3 upgrade wishlist?

+
The wishlist is naturally full of technical improvements, which is much more realistic and likely than the hope they might use the next gen platforms to take the opportunity to restore cut content? Certainly wishful thinking, that they would put in all of that extra effort on a game that has been out as long as it has, but i have always hoped for a director's cut of sorts. It's no secret that there were a lot of loose ends with characters from Witcher 2 not appearing or just being casually written off, and since they want wild hunt to be the definitive end to Geralt's story, it would be nice to have a few of them wrapped up better.
There is an old thread detailing a lot of cut content that didn't make the finished game, Like Iorveth actually appearing and Sile De Tansarville getting much more than that horrible little cameo. So you wonder if they have any interest in reimplementing them. I also wonder if that infamous source code contained any of it and they care enough to put it back in before it ends up getting modded in. Probably not, but the only things that keep me from thinking Wild Hunt is perfect is that stilted way they carried over the results of your choices in the second game.
Again, all just wishful thinking.

Hello,i'm new Here. Will you add with the next update a new game++++ without Stacking ? Maybe upgrade until 200 or more ?
This, I would seriously doubt. There was no NG as part of the original design; it was added in due to overwhelming demand. However, the game wasn't really built for that. It's why leveling was eventually capped at 100. The mechanics get very weird at higher levels.

Your suggestion is interesting, though. A pass at the balancing could potentially allow for higher-level capping. Even getting it to work up to 150 or so should allow for at least an NG+ playthrough.

More ease of access for modders so we can have stuff like skyrim has as in new areas, quests, enemies, and so on.

More ease of access for modders so we can have stuff like skyrim has as in new areas, quests, enemies, and so on.

That's probably not going to happen ..... Skyrim's game engine was designed from the beginning to be moddable at the cost of performance and graphical fidelity ..... The Red Engine is built for performance and graphical fidelity but that makes it harder to mod .... It's just the nature of the beast

Plus one of Skyrim's biggest advantages is the third party tools available but that's up to the modding community to create .... There is nothing comparable to MO2, Vortex, Loot, CBBE, SMP/CBPC, XPMSSE and xEdit for Witcher 3 none of which are made by Bethesda

It would be really nice if the Superior variants had a leveled component, so they gradually increased in damage as you leveled up.

Bombs are a lot of fun...for the first 20 levels or so. After that, because their damage is fixed but you keep leveling up, they gradually become less and less useful(other than the cool utility ones like samun/northern wind).

(I don't know who reads these threads so I'm going to pretend the best wishlist ideas might actually get read by CDPR's dev team.)

Hi guys! Thanks for making the best RPG ever and maybe of all time. Since we're on the subject of the best game of all time, maybe I could share some dreams for the upcoming re-release. I don't want to talk with you about cosmetic fixes as frankly I'm sure you'll nail it there. Instead, I've got a few modest other requests:

Let's cut right to the big one. What's the easiest possible way to drive millions of Witcher 3 fans into a genuine replay frenzy? The easiest one to ensure a heaping mountain of buzz from hundreds of thousands of people simultaneously replaying the game at once? The single smallest effort you can commit to guarantee the re-release of Witcher 3 will garner something approaching new game coverage in its reviews? 1-3 hours of new gameplay content. No new areas, just a few well-produced mini-arcs (a la the Van Helsing-eque vampire hunter quest that starts with fixing up Dandelion's tavern). That's it, and the Witcher 3 will be among the 5 most played games of 2022.

What's that? I'm on a roll? What else do I wish, nay, dream for? Well since you're already working with the modding community, maybe you could take a comprehensive skill, NPC, loot, and economy overhaul that doesn't fundamentally alter the feel of the vanilla game... something lovingly crafted by the franchise's biggest fans, say... the Ghost Mode Mod... and sprinkle some of your own dev magic into the mix to make an official gameplay overhaul.

I'm crushing it? Bring it home for a finale? Sure -- I mean since you've already got graphics, story, and mechanics improvements for the cost of officially patching popular mods, why not blow out an enhanced, next-gen gameplay experience with some simple flavor improvements. Cinematic camping, potion prep, meal prep--low-hanging flourishes that would make it feel like a game designed to stay relevant for the next 5 years?

You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us and make Witcher 3 the best game of all time.

-An Avid, Gwent-Thirsty Fan

My pipe dream concerning the next-gen version that will totally not happen, but a man can dream, right?:

--A complete overhaul of the Signs system (read: I want Signs to actually be useful. Namely, Igni's alternative mode to not suck.)

--I want the endings to Blood and Wine™ to be rewritten:
Syanna is not whitewashed in the last five seconds of the narrative, Deitlaff is not completely vilified in the last five seconds of the narrative, and Syanna does not get off scott free in the "good" (lol) ending. Also, in one of the other endings, I want Geralt to be able to lie about letting Deitlaff go so he doesn't have to incur the Duchess's ire and subsequent time in prison. I mean, he lied plenty to Emhyr concerning Ciri, so why not now?

--You know how every sex scene involves the same reused animation? Let's spice it up a little. (my inner teenager is showing here, but it would add to immersion, that crap was getting old by the third brothel visit, let's be honest here)

--Shani no longer
friendzones Geralt in Heart of Stone™. She is now a full-blown third romance option throughout the entirety of the DLC and the rest of the game/BaW. Her excuse for that made no sense considering the events of Blood and Wine™ anyway.

--Restore all of the cut content involving Iorveth. Goddamn, this still has me raging in the year of our Lord 2021.

--I don't care about NG++ but maybe a refinement and major polishing of the NG+ that's already there. Because the level scaling/balance is totally buggered. Or perhaps an overhaul of the Enemy Upscaling toggle that's present in the Options menu. Because Enemy Upscaling in this game is FUBAR. On all difficulty levels.

Last edited:
Keeping it simple, and (hopefully) realistic:
  • Remappable controls. I never liked the game's default control scheme all that much, so it'd be great to be able to configure the inputs however I see fit.
  • A reversible cover, so I don't have to look at that bloody Netflix logo all the time! I know some fans of the books are displeased at having the Netflix branding on the covers of recent pressings, and having it emblazoned on the front of a PS5 game will really grind my gears.

Really like to see 4k textures and a remastered game that is superior to the original game plus the mods the PC version has to offer (Nexus). I originally bought the game on Steam in 2015 & the two expansions and never did understand why it was not also offered on GOG at the same time--but now I own the GoTY from GOG, too...that's the one I play currently as save games between the Steam and Gog versions are identical. Textures and image-quality improvements interest me the most. I play at 4k these days. Also like to see the sound remastered, as it is somewhat lacking in the original PC game, even after I make changes that help it! I'm sure the company doing the remaster will have a lot of their own improvements/enhancements, and I am very much looking forward to them! Surprise me...;) Oh, yes--some really nice HDR support would be very nice! W11 with its AutoHDR for the W3 looks nice now, but not as nice as it could look if it had a genuine HDR mode! I have an DisplayHDR1000 monitor/WCG SDR and I didn't realize what I was missing!

If the remaster is done well enough, it should guarantee several more years of W3 sales by those too young to have played the original! CDPR is smart about improving its games in order to keep them producing revenue for the company, but also creating interest and enjoyment in the game lives of new players...;) Oh, yes, one more thing: do not change Geralt's looks! The game Geralt I find far superior to the Netflix Geralt, although I enjoy the Netflix series as it prods me to remember the games!

This may be off topic...but...after the remaster is released I sincerely hope that there's a W4 in my future...;) W3 was/is a watershed event--a once in a generation game, a true masterpiece, imo.

Last edited:
Dear developers! Сan the price of brothel services be made more realistic? The economics of The Witcher 3 allows the player to become financially independent very soon. :) But the services of a brothel, from ruined Velen to shining with gold Toussaint, have a very low price. In real life, paid love is very expensive. :)

Hello ! As I was replying to the news I was thinking that we could express our wishes about this upgrade. I propose this thread so people express their hype about this and share what kind of enhancement they would like to see in hope that CD Projekt take them in to consideration. I have already written this in the news post so I put it here as well so I have my wishes gathered here.

One Warning though ! I don't create this to talk about downgrade. It's behind us. I want this thread to be the most positive thing possible since this news is just huge. We are not in this topic to mourn things cut but to celebrate an awesome game being upgraded and the possibility to see some element back in if such things is among your wishes (like me). Have fun and share.

Damn I fanboy too hard right now. Here is my orginal post on this topic:

Thank you so much for this ! I would even dare say that to be a truly upgraded thing, to look really like next gen it is the perfect opportunity to bring back some visual stuff that had to be removed due to time constraint and optimisation process. It's the perfect time. Here are my graphicals and technical wishes for this upgrade:

- First camera distance options like in FFVII Remake. This feature is really cool and outside of fight this would be nice to let the player choose how close he wants the camera.

- improved blood splatter or dismemberment if possible. I think that can fall under the technical improvements

- Fixed physics for npcs clother at 60 fps

- Improvements on special effect like teleporting effect. Why not bringing back effect that were clearly to heavy for the current gen like this one?
2020-09-04_22h39_03.png

- More particules behaviors like Igni's reacting to the wind. Again with such an upgrade that could be the good moment to bring this back :
2020-09-04_22h46_59.png

- As expanded and improved gameworks: Hairworks for Yennefer, Triss, Vesemir, etc. And almost as importantly improved Hairworks on cloaks and fur. Indeed I think it's time the famous Djange Frett himself get his real cloak back :)
2020-09-04_22h53_07.png

- Improved water

-Enhanced explosion fire and smoke effect since the actual one will not hold with the new generation coming

- Make Skellige feel even colder ! Those clouds must have been too heavy for the current gen but now it should be possible ! Bring them back for an even colder feel in Skellige!

2020-09-04_23h01_30.png

- Call this upgrade The Witcher Wild Hunt enhanced Edition so we can have an enhanced edition trilogy :D Damn if half of these wishes are in the game I will be so glad. Thank you for your hard work. And thank you for not acting like Control devs although the work you face could completly justify you charging for it. You are marvelous.
Well said, however, there's more than just these points you mentioned that needs improvement. Things such as the overall game physics MUST be fixed. CDPR must fix the character movement of Geralt, as it's not smooth when you walk/run and turn with Geralt. Also, climbing mountains and buildings to get to certain places are extremely hard, as you always glide/fall off a cliff/edge, and when you do fall, you may instantly die at once. It's also a struggle to jump and latch onto buildings and sometimes Geralt gets stuck between objects while exploring. Fall damage must also be reduced and be made more realistically. Combat physics and movement also need improvement (this must include more finnisher moves as well). Realistic water physics must also be seen when Geralt gets wet with water. We would like to see more splash movement and Geralt's clothes actually being wet when climbing out of the water. There are also some lip-sync issues noticeable that must be addressed and fixed with certain scenes and characters.

The number 1 thing on my wishlist I must admit it's kind of hard to do and probably won't ever happen, but one can dream, right?
I feel like the game really lacks monster executions. Killing people and dismembering them is fun, but there isn't such a thing for monsters. For example, imagine killing a giant by climbing on it and doing a cool execution. I think it will make the battles more epic.

My perpetual wish is that at the start of the game, you could choose which starter deck you begin with. I'd love to start with a Monster deck or Scoia'tael deck in the beginning, when playing against those easier opponents.

I'd love to start with a Monster deck or Scoia'tael deck in the beginning, when playing against those easier opponents.
Hmm. I think that's actually a rather interesting idea. The game hands us Northern Realms by default, but starting out with another faction could be fun, I suppose.

I'm not sure how much work it would take to adjust this, of course.

Indeed choosing a starter deck would be great for Gwynt replayability. Never used anything else than Nothern Realm because of this.

Sorry to say that i no longer have Steam or Origin, i removed all of it ,all the video games are gone after 50 yrs of playing video games i have lost interest and appeal for them.

Top Bottom