Your World of Warcraft characters

+
Your World of Warcraft characters

Any World of Warcraft players around here, or even people that used to play it?
I was thinking about a community showcase thread where you can show off your character(s) from the game, maybe add a bit of backstory if you wish. :)

I'll start:

This is my Pandaren Monk (yes, I play a bear, shocker right?), he's a Brewmaster, his name is Shodo and lately he's just been slacking about just drinking, eating and sleeping (since I quit raiding a while ago).

Here's the link to the armory if you're interested: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Shodo/simple
I also have some alts but honestly, I rarely play them, so they're not worth showcasing.

So what character do you play? Share away! :)

Last edited:
Oh boy. I have been playing WoW since 2007 and until 2011 I was a hardcore player, the achievement I am most proud of being killing Yogg Saron with one keeper and reaching ICC 25 HC 11/12. During the Burning Crusade era I was pretty much obsessed and addicted with the game, I was literally quite in love with it. The music, the lore, the art style, the races, the villains. It was all so new, so magical. I still love the game but I play on and off as a casual now. I came back to MOP because of the accessibility of the Raid Finder. Despite the fact that I was hardcore once, I have no interest or time to be hardcore again, I just wanna do dungeons in a stress-free environment.

I love all the advancements of the game since 2011 such as much more complex bosses, an art style that is becoming more and more refined even if it is becoming more ridiculous with each patch. I love how refined it is but I really miss the semi-realism of Vanilla WoW, I feel that the fantasy elements are being abused nowadays. I miss armor sets like the Judgement set or the Footman or Grunt armor. They're fantasy armors but still look plausible.

Anyway, my character is an orc Shaman called Rekmar, on Vek'Nilash and I have 260 days on /played....yes, real time days. I have become quite attached to him but I am thinking of changing my sex or race once the new xpac hits as I like the armor proportions of the female orc a lot more.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/veknilash/Rekmar/simple

Nice! :) I started somewhere in late TBC, right before Sunwell came out. Since then I've been playing on and off. Sometimes getting into raiding, depending on how I feel. Never went fully hardcore, as you can see, even now I only have like 2 kills on Heroic SoO.

I really miss the old armor sets as well. It's even more frustrating with the new class, the monk, since I don't like any raid set, they're all hideous imo. The only set I like and that I feel fits my character is the Challenge Mode gear, so I put extra effort into getting that (especially since I saw the first raid set for WoD, and again, it's ugly as hell).

Not all of the armor sets are ugly. The LFR ones, quest rewards and some of the raid ones look plausible. But I really wish they returned to the vanilla style of art style but with the refinement and tools of today.

I'm not sure how the armors and the weapons will turn out but the environments are absolutely amazing, especially Frostfire Ridge.

Not all of the armor sets are ugly. The LFR ones, quest rewards and some of the raid ones look plausible. But I really wish they returned to the vanilla style of art style but with the refinement and tools of today.

I'm not sure how the armors and the weapons will turn out but the environments are absolutely amazing, especially Frostfire Ridge.

Going back to Shoulder Phalluses for Paladins? Thanks, but no thanks. Armor design was never particularly good - there were some great sets in WoW Classic (my all-time favorite being Paladin T2). Beyond that even decent looking sets are a rarity - way too much Bling, Spikes and Spectacle.

I started shortly after release and played until late BC/early WotLK and came back for a while for Cata and MoP, mostly to play through the quest content. But currently I have no urge whatsoever to do even that when WoD is released - good as it may be, I'm just done with this game, even new stuff feels like the same old.

I mostly played a Dwarven Warrior as Tank with my brother as a Holy Paladin by my side. I like the challenge for skillful playing in PvE and the feeling of responsibility - in most situations a DD messing up can be easily compensated, while Tanks and Healers are crucial. Never been into PvP that much.

You will beg the Bear's Spirit for forgiveness, and go on a Koda pilgrimage, this I tell you...

Speaking of WoW, I created a character on my brother's account waaay back in the vanilla days, it was a pretty Night Elf and I liked her a lot, I wish I still had the screenshots. But I never got into the game. Making my brother turn into a tree and shake the branches was pretty fun though.

Top Bottom