Your worst card in the game so far ?

+
Your worst card in the game so far ?

If you could change one card what card would it be and why ?

"The Last Wish".
Why?
It's Gold. You lose one card on use.

In a normal deck you will have not more than 2-4 special purpose cards like "Clear Skies" or any "bad" cards at all. The card is unreliable, you lose one card and a gold slot.
So you will normally not make more power than you lose with one card disadvantage in exchange.

A lot of the cards will change anyway but i think good would be something like "Discard 1 card, then draw 2 cards" or even better "Draw 2 cards, then discard 1 card".

Not sure, bc drawing 2 and discarding one would effectively give you "turn advantage" (like a Spy does), which is very hard to fairly balance, which is the reason why there are so few cards that have such effects. I mean 1 card could still be okay, and since the draw is random it can be anything from game-changing to totally useless, so there is that (meaning it will always be a crappy choice for strategy-focused players).

My worst card would probably be "Operator".

For obvious reasons. I hate the randomness of the card. Like "A round of Gwent" said in his great article after the first KTS event, Operator needs a major balance change. Making the card have less STR but always pull silver cards would be one of the best solutions, since silver cards are most of the time genuinely useful and very varied, while bronze cards can screw you over at times and gold cards are too OP as a pull.

Not sure, bc drawing 2 and discarding one would effectively give you "turn advantage" (like a Spy does), which is very hard to fairly balance, which is the reason why there are so few cards that have such effects. I mean 1 card could still be okay, and since the draw is random it can be anything from game-changing to totally useless, so there is that (meaning it will always be a crappy choice for strategy-focused players).

ll.

It already gives you turn advantage, at the expense of a card, gold card at that

I think the potential power of Last Wish should not be underestimated, lets assume that the baseline of a Golden Hero is 15 Strength, the question then is, does Last Wish' effect improve upon your overall hand strength by 15 or more?

If you built your deck around the idea, I am sure it will be capable of doing just that. Socia'tael might abuse its effect with Nature's Gift, Skellige has probably a lot of benefit by putting cards into the Graveyard and who knows what other interactions there are to (ab)use this card.

For me: Operator, Last Wish, Elven mercenary
I dont like randomness. I hope they will give those cards different abilities.

Granted, Elven Mercenary could be really good with proper deckbuilding. in this, however, it sucked.

I agree Elven mercenary could be useful but only when you got one type of special card in other cases you will have to depend on luck and I dont like it.

mjul

Forum veteran
He can be managable with 3 types of special cards. For example a decoy a scorch and a horn. If you play correctly you will always get something good that you can use. Maybe even four types. But in this deck, nah.

He can be managable with 3 types of special cards. For example a decoy a scorch and a horn. If you play correctly you will always get something good that you can use. Maybe even four types. But in this deck, nah.

I wont deny you can build deck in which you always have something useful but you have to agree that there are situations that you need that one specific card and then its just a gamble.

I agree Elven mercenary could be useful but only when you got one type of special card in other cases you will have to depend on luck and I dont like it.

Screwed me over once, because it forces you to play the card. It would be cool if we could choose to discard it if we don't want it (effectively giving us a non-advantage). I just don't like how it can potentially give me a huge disadvantage. I played it in one round and got "scorch" as special card. And since my units were the strongest on the field I was screwed. "Thanks a lot for the -8 STR Elven Mercenary!"

Every hand is build by randomness Wshen you changes your cards at starting, the 3 new cards are gaven randomness. Randomness is part of the game so Operator and similar cards don't worry me at all.

Maybe one kind of card make me feel... a little uncomfontable is the lack of chance for ressurecting a chosen card. In the first version it was a overused action, and now randomness is the main option.

I thing that CDPR need to find a good balance between the chances of randomness or volunteer ressurected cards.

Every hand is build by randomness Wshen you changes your cards at starting, the 3 new cards are gaven randomness. Randomness is part of the game so Operator and similar cards don't worry me at all.

Maybe one kind of card make me feel... a little uncomfontable is the lack of chance for ressurecting a chosen card. In the first version it was a overused action, and now randomness is the main option.

I thing that CDPR need to find a good balance between the chances of randomness or volunteer ressurected cards.

The problem I have with Opeator is not the randomness alone. I just feel it's an unrealiable card. Would it only pick silver cards it would be balanced: not too high, not too low, nice variety of abilities and effects. But now it can choose anything from Poor Fucking Infantry up to Geralt with 15 STR, which makes it TOO random, and too unreliable as such. Limiting the randomness while reducing the STR of the card (so you have not too huge an advantage) might be the best way to go about it.

Then again, maybe CDPR feel this is exactly how they want Operator to be. I'm just saying it's not a card I would want in my deck. My strategy is reducing the RNG element to a minimum when playing. And yes I am aware randomness is an integral part of the game. But dealing with that randomness and reducing it is the main course for every strategy-focused deck player.

Screwed me over once, because it forces you to play the card. It would be cool if we could choose to discard it if we don't want it (effectively giving us a non-advantage). I just don't like how it can potentially give me a huge disadvantage. I played it in one round and got "scorch" as special card. And since my units were the strongest on the field I was screwed. "Thanks a lot for the -8 STR Elven Mercenary!"

I had similar experience I played elven mercenary drawing scorch and scorch myself:) I won that game but still it wasnt pleasant. If there was discard option available that would be good or maybe not good just better ;). (@BlackWolf500.298 good thinking there)

My worst top 5 will be:
5. The last wish - might be useful if you have very very bad cards you can't redraw even in mulligan. But in good decks it will be absolutely useless. Also it has gold status, so you lose one hero slot.
4. Plotka (Roach) - it seem pretty good, but it's wrong impression. Plotka may appear in your hand and then you definitely lose your card advantage. Plotka is a combo-breaker, it may appear at the wrong time/ wrong place, when you need something to do with the cards =<4.
3. Elven mercenary - simply dangerous card, too random to played in serious decks.
2. Udalryk - №1 in nomination "the best waste of silver slot". Simply the worst spy ever. Also he works with your opponent's graveyard - so he is not suitable even fro Skellige faction ability and play-graveyard tactics, unless your opponent is Skellige too.
1. Ragh Nar Roog - №1 in nomination "the best waste of golden slot", first unsuccessful experiment with golden specials. Works as simple as any weather cards, can be neutralized the same way as any weather card with only one clear weather card. Buries one of your golden slot.

Last edited:
My worst top 5 will be:
5. The last wish - might be useful if you have very very bad cards you can't redraw even in mulligan. But in good decks it will be absolutely useless. Also it has gold status, so you lose one hero slot.
4. Plotka (Roach) - it seem pretty good, but it's wrong impression. Plotka may appear in your hand and then you definitely lose your card advantage. Plotka is a combo-breaker, it may appear at the wrong time/ wrong place, when you need something to do with the cards =<4.
3. Elven mercenary - simply dangerous card, too random to played in serious decks.
4. Udalryk - №1 in nomination "the best waste of silver slot". Simply the worst spy ever. Also he works with your opponent's graveyard - so he is not suitable even fro Skellige faction ability and play-graveyard tactics, unless your opponent is Skellige too.
5. Ragh Nar Roog - №1 in nomination "the best waste of golden slot", first unsuccessful experiment with golden specials. Works as simple as any weather cards, can be neutralized the same way as any weather card with only one clear weather card. Buries one of your golden slot.

Could not agree more. Good List.
Especially the point about NR. 1 and 2.

My worst top 5 will be:
2. Udalryk - №1 in nomination "the best waste of silver slot". Simply the worst spy ever. Also he works with your opponent's graveyard - so he is not suitable even fro Skellige faction ability and play-graveyard tactics, unless your opponent is Skellige too.
1. Ragh Nar Roog - №1 in nomination "the best waste of golden slot", first unsuccessful experiment with golden specials. Works as simple as any weather cards, can be neutralized the same way as any weather card with only one clear weather card. Buries one of your golden slot.

Ragh nar Roog could be useful. You plays gold hero card for example Geralt after that Ragh nar roog and then pass. Extremely dangerous in 2 round if you won first round.

Top Bottom