Yrden meta?

+
The NR location is pretty nuts. You can protect an engine (like Keldar that goesn't get a buff but can be pulled by AA), you can add points to your Erland or someone in the witcher trio. In terms of raw points it is lower but it is way more versatile and almost guaranteed to give value. SK location has higher point ceiling but no guarantee to get its value.

Id like to follow up and mention that over the last few days I have been seeing Yrden quite a bit. I get that like lockdown it functions to keep greedy decks in check and similarly to lockdown it probably isn't as good as people think it is but its also feeling pretty oppressive to play against. Decks that are normally quite tough to beat like NR witchers and SC movement are just throwing in a yrden with some movement cards and there goes your whole round. Sigh, rant over.

Yup, I also have to backpedal from my previous argument and admit, this is indeed an Yrden meta. :ohstopit:

DRK3

Forum veteran
I've also been seeing more Yrden in ranked, and its being very good to me.

Yesterday, i was using a NR Shieldwall deck, where i dont have too many engines, its more control-focused, and always won vs Yrden because on R1 i used my Anna and Drummers, but opponents like to keep Yrden for R3, then on R3 i had no boosting, my only engine is Keldar, and the boosts are only from leader charges.

heatwave, yrden and anything that locks is just a dick move for the opponent.You can do everything right but here comes yrden and boom you lost

If you lose just due to Yrden, you haven’t done everything right. I hate a meta so overwhelming in boosted units that one card becomes a necessary defense, but the fault is not with Yrden, it is with excess engine value.

If you lose just due to Yrden, you haven’t done everything right. I hate a meta so overwhelming in boosted units that one card becomes a necessary defense, but the fault is not with Yrden, it is with excess engine value.

Engines are an entire style of playing the game, as I mentioned earlier having one or two movement cards and a Yrden basically counters an entire round of play and is tough to play around.

For the record I think that having something like Yrden is actually good for the game and as others have pointed out it is often an expensive brick but I do think the interaction right now is just too binary.

Engines are an entire style of playing the game, as I mentioned earlier having one or two movement cards and a Yrden basically counters an entire round of play and is tough to play around.

For the record I think that having something like Yrden is actually good for the game and as others have pointed out it is often an expensive brick but I do think the interaction right now is just too binary.
Yrden is a necessary control tool. It's accessibility on the other hand is something that is questionable.
Yes, it is mostly a brick vs decks like Skellige, but in some matchups it is an orbital ion nuke vs a group of footsoldiers and tanks. It's main issue comes from the "last say" factor and that it is completely unavoidable by your opponent.
Cahir often receives hate because of his binary result vs buff-based decks without control tools, but it is at least counterable (in quite many ways). Yrden is simply a punishment.

Top Bottom