Yrden seems to have been nerfed

+
Yrden seems to have been nerfed

I have a Sign hybrid build with pretty high Yrden intensity, and after patch 1.10, Yrden doesn't seem to be slowing down enemies as much as it used to. Previously I could really see monsters in slow motion when they came in to the circle. It actually made sense to consider going for Yrden intensity. But now, it doesn't even matter.

Why do devs keep nerfing Signs? First Firestream and now Yrden. Are people not meant to use Sign builds? If so, why is there an equal amount of Sign abilities as sword abilities?
Such discrimination, much hardship, wow! We must not stand for this injustice. Join forces and rebel against the tyrants. /s

Last edited:
I am not really a fan of doing things that are unofficial gameplay mechanic wise. Feels like cheating. But thanks anyway.

I just wish that developers didn't change the gameplay mechanics once they've released the game. It discourages people that have spent time understanding the mechanics and come up with optimum builds/setups.

Devs could consider releasing an optional gameplay mechanics patch and keep updating it as required. That way, people that want to avoid it can avoid it, while still getting all the other necessary updates.

Sorry but making all the magic powers of Geralt complete useless and pointless, is really a bad idea.

I was looking forward to build Yrden from now on, but it would have been complete useless to do this now.
Thanks to the mod Yrden as special supernatural Witcher-Power makes sense again. :)

cheating in a single player game?

What I mean is if I am to share a boss fight with people on youtube, I can't truly compare and recommend strategies if my game is doing something different than other people. For example, if I killed a boss in 5 secs using Firestream, but Firestream is nerfed for everyone else, it doesn't make sense.

Why was Yrden nerfed TO THE GROUND (instead of rebalanced)?

Dear CDPR,

Why has this been nerfed into oblivion and beyond?

We used to have:
Base 25% (zero Intensity).............................Max 100% (Max Intensity)

This was too much I agree, and caused enemies to freeze, naturally (100% slow you now...)

What we have now:
Base 25% (zero intensity).............................Max 42% (Max intensity)

I'm sorry, what? So now with QUADZILLIONS of Sign Intensity, we get this signed buffed by....

WAIT FOR IT...
HERE IT COMES...
ALMOST THERE...
THE BIG REVEAL...

17%!!
SEVENTEEN
SEVEN-TEEN
ONE-SEVEN
%

Whose brilliant idea was this I wonder?
Way to ruin sign builds.

Can this be adjusted in a hotfix as soon as possible please.

Thank you.

75 % would be enough...Who is even testing this?.
This happens far too often...ME II you have six seconds cooldowns-->people complain-->ME 3 they're reduced to almost a second long, removing any resource strategy.

Glad I did a Sign Build for my first Death March playthrough, without Igni and Yrden nerfed.

I had to respec my character in HoS, because I don't think pure Signs build is useful. They buffed Alchemy a bit by making it easier to use potions, but it's still a bit tedious. Swords look like the way to go...

edit: since pure-something builds aren't very useful (in my opinion) they should get rid of prerequisites to unlock some of the raws of skills...

Last edited:
The entire skill system needs to be re-vamped, re-thought out, and re-done. Character development in terms of mutagens, active skill slots, etc also needs to be re-examined since Game+ has been introduced and you can go to level 70.. yet character development comes to a complete and total dead stop at like level 28. How something like this makes it out to live boggles my mind.. but CDPR still the best.

The entire skill system needs to be re-vamped, re-thought out, and re-done. Character development in terms of mutagens, active skill slots, etc also needs to be re-examined since Game+ has been introduced and you can go to level 70.. yet character development comes to a complete and total dead stop at like level 28. How something like this makes it out to live boggles my mind.. but CDPR still the best.

They really did "bare bones" system of progression for a game of this size. Same problem as with Assassins of Kings where most of the time you gain per level up is +10% to damagevitality/resistances etc...Devil may cry has a better skill progression and it's not even an rpg!
If we get a better modkit I would make a complete overhaul by separating Witcher sword skills into five schools:
Cat: faster dodge, roll, run, sprint, strafe speed with lesser stamina penalty and covering greater distances, lesser fall damage
Wolf: special light attack and abilities( forward charge and thrust attack, triple light attack combo, improved back attack, etc), critical chance, improved parry abilities
Bear: Resistance to staggering, more heavy attack special abilities, stun abilites, greater stamina recovery, some form of "rage"/per kill abilities
Viper: Area attack abilities( quick whirlwind slash, larger frontal cone attack, etc), slow time effects on flawlessly timed parry and dodge, higher critical damage
Eagle: Use of Witcher senses in combat?
Also they could make combat more interesting so that you gain more adrenaline the more versatile you are in combat..similar to Batman or DmC combat where it rewards more skilled players.
Plus with crossbow they could add triple shot skill, knock back, multi shot, etc
There is so much room for improvement here...instead they add something like Strong back: +60 increase in weight capacity. How interesting.

They really did "bare bones" system of progression for a game of this size. Same problem as with Assassins of Kings where most of the time you gain per level up is +10% to damagevitality/resistances etc...Devil may cry has a better skill progression and it's not even an rpg!
If we get a better modkit I would make a complete overhaul by separating Witcher sword skills into five schools:
Cat: faster dodge, roll, run, sprint, strafe speed with lesser stamina penalty and covering greater distances, lesser fall damage
Wolf: special light attack and abilities( forward charge and thrust attack, triple light attack combo, improved back attack, etc), critical chance, improved parry abilities
Bear: Resistance to staggering, more heavy attack special abilities, stun abilites, greater stamina recovery, some form of "rage"/per kill abilities
Viper: Area attack abilities( quick whirlwind slash, larger frontal cone attack, etc), slow time effects on flawlessly timed parry and dodge, higher critical damage
Eagle: Use of Witcher senses in combat?
Also they could make combat more interesting so that you gain more adrenaline the more versatile you are in combat..similar to Batman or DmC combat where it rewards more skilled players.
Plus with crossbow they could add triple shot skill, knock back, multi shot, etc
There is so much room for improvement here...instead they add something like Strong back: +60 increase in weight capacity. How interesting.

Wow.. lots of great ideas. Good thinking. And yes, last night I realized in the "Yellow" section of the skills.. they did add like 10 or 12 new awesome skills. The one that adds 60 weight permanently, Strongbox, made my jaw drop. I'm currently like 58/160.. so if I were 58/220 using Archaras (sp?) decoction, which decreases the amount of damage based upon weight / light armor (using all Feline gear at the moment), that could be a fun combination. I suppose fun things like that keep it slightly interesting on your way to 70.. but to have only 4 mutagen slots and 12 active skill slots when the game now goes to 70 is a bit absurd. I do hope they expand upon the active skills.. to allow us to use more. Perhaps even one more set. One more mutagen and one more set of 4.. that would suffice. Perhaps it doesn't become active until a Game+ mode is created.

Thanks @Nilhilion. Good to have options via mods. But I won't be using them, for the same reason I mentioned before, that it makes my game different from other people that use 1.10. I need to have my game be comparable to everyone.

And I agree with previous posts here. CDPR needed to add more ACTIVE abilities, as those are the things that make a meaningful change in combat. With ACTIVE abilities, I mean stuff like Whirl, Rend, Alternate Signs, etc. Think about new moves, and not just more of the same - 27th variation of adrenaline recharge +0.0001% passive ability.

With the changes that they are making, like nerfing Firestream, and nerfing Yrden, devs are actually reducing the variety in combat. There is no reason for players to be using Firestream now. I used to use Yrden pretty much every battle before, and now I hardly bother. =/

@BoboTheMighty
Agreed. I think all of the skills should be active only. More devs should copy Kindoms of Amalur: Reckoning combat ąnd leveling system. That game really nailed it imho. Just imagine? KoA:R combat system with Souls difficulty. That would be awesome!

---------- Updated at 10:37 PM ----------

@chrispowers1010
There's a mod that makes all skills active. It breaks game balance a little, but not as much as one might think.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/797/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/546/?

I am not really a fan of doing things that are unofficial gameplay mechanic wise. Feels like cheating. But thanks anyway.

I just wish that developers didn't change the gameplay mechanics once they've released the game. It discourages people that have spent time understanding the mechanics and come up with optimum builds/setups.

Devs could consider releasing an optional gameplay mechanics patch and keep updating it as required. That way, people that want to avoid it can avoid it, while still getting all the other necessary updates.

I agree with you. I like my game clean, as well as my system.

Why nerf a single-player game after this long?

Bums me out to hear this. I have taken a break but will get back with the expansion, but I loved Yrden. It was my favorite to use; both the slow effect and the one that shoots back/blocks arrows. (been a month since I played so names and true dynamics are slipping me at the moment).

Well yrden needed a fix but that was a bit much but definitely igni did. I could just spam igni and kill everything.

I'm sporting a hybrid build, so actually both skills were fairly well balanced for me, roughly on par with sword skills. Now they're next to useless, so thank gods for mods.

Top Bottom