Yrden seems to have been nerfed

+
The entire skill system needs to be re-vamped, re-thought out, and re-done. Character development in terms of mutagens, active skill slots, etc also needs to be re-examined since Game+ has been introduced and you can go to level 70.. yet character development comes to a complete and total dead stop at like level 28. How something like this makes it out to live boggles my mind.. but CDPR still the best.

Agree with this.

After you get 12 active skills ate max level.....levelling up feels like such a waste.

The game needs passive skills imo.

Ideal solution for Yrden would be a more gradual slow time effect, that diminishes over time... from a very brief 100% and then scaling down to 25%.
This way, players who are more skilled at dodging and casting quickly at the right time would be more effective at it, than spammers, who roll away at a safe distance, cast and then "leash" enemy AI that walks straight into glowing purple trap.
I've mentioned this a couple of times, but a lot of issues with Quen could be fixed by adding a cumulative +0%, +10%....+50% slow effect for each subsequent casting in a row, to prevent monotonous "absorb all damage exploits", sort of like old school "stoneskin" that turned mages into better tanks than fighters at times.
With Axii it also feels cheap to deliver strong attacks on stunned enemies...isn't that what Aard is supposed to do?To break away their guard and follow with sword strikes...this feels like an easy exploit.

Which? Yrden? If so I agree they went a tad too far igni I think is just right,
The only use I see for Alternate Igni is to be used in conjunction with base Igni to stack burning damage, but really, it's not very effective. Alternate Igni is unfortunately trash tier (never got to use it pre-nerf; was waiting on performance fixes), but hey, those are points that can be put to much better use. It is sad to see Yrden get the same treatment. It's almost like CDPR wants sign builds to die in a fire, lol.

Last edited:
The only use I see for Alternate Igni is to be used in conjunction with base Igni to stack burning damage, but really, it's not very effective. Alternate Igni is unfortunately trash tier (never got to use it pre-nerf; was waiting on performance fixes), but hey, those are points that can be put to much better use. It is sad to see Yrden get the same treatment. It's almost like CDPR wants sign builds to die in a fire, lol.

I don't agree. I use Igni all the time and it works fine if you have it leveled up right.

Because you're not meant to use only signs.

Sitting in Alternate Yrden and just waiting for igni to come up while nobody can get close is a disgusting play style, you're witcher, not a mage. Your steel/silver is your main weapon/damage tool. Yes yes sign tree is there because you're meant to mix it up.

You're not meant to one hit mobs with one cast of alternate igni, that's just dumb. What would you tell someone who expects to play the game with his sword and only his sword yet complains when he gets one hit by bosses in Death March? "Use Quen/Axi" "Oil your sword" etc. So it's the same for sign only users, you can't cheese the game anymore abusing broken mechanics.

Because you're not meant to use only signs.
And I've never played that way.

@jon7882: I messed around with base and alternate Igni repeatedly. There's no leveling it up right. Alternate Igni is trash tier, because in nearly all situations regular Igni will perform better. Let's not forget that you're also vulnerable to attack while channeling Alternate Igni.

And I've never played that way.

@jon7882 : I messed around with base and alternate Igni repeatedly. There's no leveling it up right. Alternate Igni is trash tier, because in nearly all situations regular Igni will perform better. Let's not forget that you're also vulnerable to attack while channeling Alternate Igni.
By alternate igni you mean Firestream yes? It's easy to use correctly if you plan right. make sure you are buffed and have an active queen on you, make sure you have plenty of stamina and you won't be over run and run the fire stream from side to side. You can also set some ydren traps.

By alternate igni you mean Firestream yes? It's easy to use correctly if you plan right. make sure you are buffed and have an active queen on you, make sure you have plenty of stamina and you won't be over run and run the fire stream from side to side. You can also set some ydren traps.
Sorry, Firestream is what I meant. In all scenarios that I messed around with it, it didn't matter how well it was used; regular Igni outperformed Firestream by a significant degree. I have to go out of my way to use Firestream (it's more risky), and in no situation have I ever thought "Ya know, Firestream would be great to use here." It's cool that you find enjoyment out of its use, but ultimately it is inferior to the base version of the sign. You would think Firestream would deal more damage, being a concentration skill, but alas, it does not.

Last edited:
Sorry, Firestream is what I meant. In all scenarios that I messed around with it, it didn't matter how well it was used; regular Igni outperformed Firestream by a significant degree. I have to go out of my way to use Firestream (it's more risky), and in no situation have I ever thought "Ya know, Firestream would be great to use here." It's cool that you find enjoyment out of its use, but ultimately it is inferior to base version of the sign. You would think Firestream would deal more damage, being a concentration skill, but alas, it does not.
Yeah I see your point and at one point it did. You could simply hold it down and you could kill a level 40 griffin at level 20 in like two minutes. Hence the nerf.

Damage wise firestream is total shite compared to standard igni.The skill needs to be revamped completely like several other signs upgrades and , of course, yrden.(set it to 80% slowmo when you have 300 intensity)

I have a question about the second row yrden upgrade. At 3/3 does it boost damage against enemies by 50% in its radius as stated?
Because I like that upgrade and effect if it works. If it does I will still use a mainly sword build but balanced all round and take a few upgrades in the signs and take that yrden upgrade to boost damage, and 2 other useful signs like quen and axii row 1. And put 3 points in alchemy for the toxicity level boost. If it yrden doesn't really work as stated I will ditch signs and dump useless points into alchemy to hopefully get there to row 3 synergy to get that 50% boost from elixirs. I am only moderately interested in the slowdown mainly the damage boost.

Also I think it would be balanced if slowdown capped at something like 55% for very high intensity. I mean the sign lasts a decent long time actually and it would be a bit cheesy to slow enemies to 0 or 20% of their speed for more than 1-2 sec at most.

wow this yrden nerf really suckz :(

i had a lot of fun with my yrden build back in v1.04. It wasn't even OP like Igni just fun. why did you guys reduced the maximum slow down to 42% ? that's ridiculous. there is absolutely no point in using yrden glyphs now. you totally rendered them useless.

Agree with this.
After you get 12 active skills ate max level.....levelling up feels like such a waste.
The game needs passive skills imo.
What I would like to see is that previous skills in the same column are active as long as the Highest skill in the column is slotted (Slotting Counterattack, means Fleet Footed and Arrow Deflection are active if they have points; Slotting Protective Coating means Poisoned Blade is active if it has points).

This would reward players following a line of progression rather than forcing players to only pick the best skill in any column. It also would make more sense with the skill tier minimums, making feel less like "Well I need two more of anything to get the next tier, but it doesn't matter where those go since I won't be able to slot them." or making it feel like I wasted progression on Skill X when level 10 because I have to deslot it for skill Y at level 15.

I know, for example, that I never put any new points in Axii because I knew I would never want to deslot Delusion in my first playthrough, but If I kept delusion when slotting Puppet, then I might try it out.

Top Bottom