YT post about game development

+
This is a repost of a comment at yt about the game development:

Don't worry. There is a good chance that these mechanics appear during the year, because they were created, but they were cut out before the game premiere. After the premiere, a lot of facts and stories about the game's production started to be revealed. It seems to me that this information does not reach the English-speaking media, but there is a lot of it in the Polish language.

The most important ones are: The game has been developed since 2012. Originally, the game was supposed to resemble very much the Witcher 3 (we were supposed to play with a detective known from the first trailer, the game was supposed to have a first-person and third-person view, be dark, and the main storyline was supposed to talk about the conspiracy of the corporation with the government connected with the plague of cyberpsychois.

In 2016 the scriptwriter was changed and despite the advanced work on the game (which was to come out in 2017 at the latest) the whole game was deleted and started again. The new scenario was much more complex and soon it turned out that the used game engine is not able to work properly with such an advanced game. In 2016 the whole game was rewritten for the new engine. In 2018 the acting sessions for the game were already in progress. The game assumed that the scenario will look completely different depending on the choice of gender, character orgin, and the result of the mission with the chip. It was supposed to be 18 different games! Each scenario had its own missions, unique characters and locations. For example, the results of a mission with a stolen chip depended on whether Jackie dies and it is the V who will implant the chip, Jackie will survive and it is he who will implant the chip, or maybe we will tempt the corporation and give the chip back and Jackie will survive but be our enemy. Each of these three scenarios had its own narrator.

One of them was Johnny Silverhand. Keanu Reeves liked the script so much that he asked for a bigger role for his character. As a result, the whole story was rebuilt and the other two narrators were thrown out of the game. One of them was definitely supposed to be Hideo Kojima. The other one was probably Jackie. We also know that in one of the scenarios the character played a huge role of Lady Gaga (it is possible that she was to be the third narrator).

As a result of additional work (an important factor was the employment of people with no experience in managerial positions, who with their stupid ideas sabotaged the work of programmers) many advanced gameplay mechanics were neglected. In mid-2019 it became obvious that the game will not be ready by 2020. It was therefore decided to cut out further storyline elements such as: storyline threads regardless of gender, an advanced system of relations with gangs, characters about corporations, 8 hours of prologue, which was summarized into a film interlude, and which explained the rules of the world to the player, built a tower with characters, and taught the mechanic.

In early 2020, all versions of the game were full of bugs, plot inconsistencies and mechanics that were not working, and the game itself was unoptimized. The postponement of the first release was only to cut out more missions and mechanics such as: advanced AI of drivers, opponents and police, crowd AI, advanced model of environmental damage and vehicles. The following were thrown out of the game a year earlier: train driving, flying vehicles, floating vehicles, running on walls, and vehicle tuning mechanics were not even started.

Now we know that all forces have been directed to fix the bugs by stopping work on two role-playing additions. It is possible that CDPR will add removed mechanics and feature content as free DLC. Most of these things are partially done and need only be fine-tuned. It would be a shame to throw away so much work, especially since releasing the deleted content would restore CDPR's reputation among players.

I dont know if this is true, but if yes its acutally much more sad and dissapointing how this game turned out.... What do you think?

Edit: Source is this video

The first comment
TroopperFoFopřed 1 týdnem
1:36 CD Project Red fans after the games release.

It was replied by the guy named orkako, and the comment is now deleted.

Last edited:

Don't worry. There is a good chance that these mechanics appear during the year, because they were created, but they were cut out before the game premiere. After the premiere, a lot of facts and stories about the game's production started to be revealed. It seems to me that this information does not reach the English-speaking media, but there is a lot of it in the Polish language.

The most important ones are: The game has been developed since 2012. Originally, the game was supposed to resemble very much the Witcher 3 (we were supposed to play with a detective known from the first trailer, the game was supposed to have a first-person and third-person view, be dark, and the main storyline was supposed to talk about the conspiracy of the corporation with the government connected with the plague of cyberpsychois.

In 2016 the scriptwriter was changed and despite the advanced work on the game (which was to come out in 2017 at the latest) the whole game was deleted and started again. The new scenario was much more complex and soon it turned out that the used game engine is not able to work properly with such an advanced game. In 2016 the whole game was rewritten for the new engine. In 2018 the acting sessions for the game were already in progress. The game assumed that the scenario will look completely different depending on the choice of gender, character orgin, and the result of the mission with the chip. It was supposed to be 18 different games! Each scenario had its own missions, unique characters and locations. For example, the results of a mission with a stolen chip depended on whether Jackie dies and it is the V who will implant the chip, Jackie will survive and it is he who will implant the chip, or maybe we will tempt the corporation and give the chip back and Jackie will survive but be our enemy. Each of these three scenarios had its own narrator.

One of them was Johnny Silverhand. Keanu Reeves liked the script so much that he asked for a bigger role for his character. As a result, the whole story was rebuilt and the other two narrators were thrown out of the game. One of them was definitely supposed to be Hideo Kojima. The other one was probably Jackie. We also know that in one of the scenarios the character played a huge role of Lady Gaga (it is possible that she was to be the third narrator).

As a result of additional work (an important factor was the employment of people with no experience in managerial positions, who with their stupid ideas sabotaged the work of programmers) many advanced gameplay mechanics were neglected. In mid-2019 it became obvious that the game will not be ready by 2020. It was therefore decided to cut out further storyline elements such as: storyline threads regardless of gender, an advanced system of relations with gangs, characters about corporations, 8 hours of prologue, which was summarized into a film interlude, and which explained the rules of the world to the player, built a tower with characters, and taught the mechanic.

In early 2020, all versions of the game were full of bugs, plot inconsistencies and mechanics that were not working, and the game itself was unoptimized. The postponement of the first release was only to cut out more missions and mechanics such as: advanced AI of drivers, opponents and police, crowd AI, advanced model of environmental damage and vehicles. The following were thrown out of the game a year earlier: train driving, flying vehicles, floating vehicles, running on walls, and vehicle tuning mechanics were not even started.

Now we know that all forces have been directed to fix the bugs by stopping work on two role-playing additions. It is possible that CDPR will add removed mechanics and feature content as free DLC. Most of these things are partially done and need only be fine-tuned. It would be a shame to throw away so much work, especially since releasing the deleted content would restore CDPR's reputation among players.

I dont know if this is true, but if yes its acutally much more sad and dissapointing how this game turned out.... What do you think?

Good read. If true, damn CDPR.

Man whats with these celebrities? It seems they do overall more bad then good, as they able to warp games about themselves

Xayias

Forum regular
They are going to have to really pump out the DLC packs and not just 4 or 5 but to give us the proper game they will need to add a huge amount of DLC packs that place in all the missing features and add several expansions that not only adds to the story we already received but gives us the additional story beats that should have been next to Johnny's character to begin with.

Given what we were expecting because of CDPR's marketing and what we got, what we can see for ourselves in the game... it certainly seems true.

I've posted elsewhere I suspected just based on what I experienced in the game that the Silverhand story was likely originally intended to be a side missions.

Keanu Reeves liked the script so much that he asked for a bigger role for his character. As a result, the whole story was rebuilt and the other two narrators were thrown out of the game.
Yeah, changing the main plot when the release date is already set to be in a few months... What can go wrong? LOL

From the whole post we can make a conclusion that CP77 has been mismanaged on a grand scale, which pretty much was already known just without interesting inside production details.

Yeah, changing the main plot when the release date is already set to be in a few months... What can go wrong? LOL

From the whole post we can make a conclusion that CP77 has been mismanaged on a grand scale, which pretty much was already known just without interesting inside production details.
I agree but i can't see Keanu Reeves forcing anything...i'm wondering who is the real villain here. Do you think he is the bad guy?
Post automatically merged:

Damn...imagine if you pick Corpo and Kojima-san help you there

Good to know, thank you for the thread. It's so sad because we can all see those cuts in so many places.
I have no doubt that we will get the delayed gameplay mechanics back, but the lost dialogues and character developments, dropped romance options and more interactions with them, probably cut main and side quests, branching paths, I feel those will be secondary on priority list.

Its now a test of commitment and passion to their complete vision as well as their fans. If they don't have enough motivation to deliver all and more on top now, personally, I'll just walk away from their next project. Because as it stands now the game has obvious potential for so many features and stories leaving us all to wonder what could have been.
I will stay forever thankful for Cyberpunk 2077 as it is now, since I enjoyed it still and met amazing characters that will stay memorable to me all my life. But if they betray my investment and passion for it going forward with neglect, it would only show that they lost the will to make video games. Cyberpunk 2077 offers so many themes and possibilities for any artist to explore and build upon that losing passion in such a project seems like creative suicide going forward. Why would I trust you to give more love in the next big thing?

I have faith they will do right by us still, so I don't regret pushing for all the improvements I wish to see. Hope everyone will do same and not feel that its pointless or waste of time.

Last edited:
Man.. if true they literally had the game so many were looking forward to and it all got changed for those reasons?

Since the game sold as well as it did given everything at launch I doubt CDPR will learn anything. They are just another AAA shady developer in my mind and that will not change.

Man.. if true they literally had the game so many were looking forward to and it all got changed for those reasons?

Since the game sold as well as it did given everything at launch I doubt CDPR will learn anything. They are just another AAA shady developer in my mind and that will not change.
only time will tell at this point.

Sounds like complete nonsense.. Hideo and Lady Gaga as a narrator? And they got thrown out because Keanu wanted a bigger role?
What sounds nonsensical about it? I don't know anything about Lady Gaga but Hideo is in the game and the game's main mission revolves almost entirely around Keanu Reeves.

There is something in this game that
What sounds nonsensical about it? I don't know anything about Lady Gaga but Hideo is in the game and the game's main mission revolves almost entirely around Keanu Reeves.
he has a point. How do you think Kojima would contribute to the game, he doesn't speak English (he will have to be dubbed) do you think they hire Kojima jus to put his face?

Top Bottom