Mahakam Season ends soon!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED
Mahakam Season ends soon!

The Mahakam Ranked Season, as well as the Pro Ladder Season, will end on February 28th at 10 AM CET. Let’s take another look at the rewards you’re fighting for!

Season end rewards will be distributed soon after, and the patch introducing 10 new cards and Arena Mode will follow. The Season of the Bear will start in the afternoon of February 28th (CET).

Keep fighting for the highest place on the ladder — for Mahakam!

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Gotta have that Bran, only 200 MMR to go...

And if im not mistaken, this season started on the 8th, making this season only 20 days long. Dont like it, barely have any time to breathe if a person wants to play some ranked.

And if im not mistaken, this season started on the 8th, making this season only 20 days long. Dont like it, barely have any time to breathe if a person wants to play some ranked.

I agree but at least it's also easier to be on the top 10k :) I am sitting at barely 4k MMR and at 3500 or so in global rankings :)

Please considering balancing the dorf opening with Cleaver: 26points opening just ruins every match against brouver.

Correction: any match against Brouver when you are on the blue coin. On the red it's usually fine :)

Last edited:
ser2440;n10538432 said:
Correction: any match against Brouver when you are on the blue coin. On the red it's usually fine :)

That's true. What am i supposed to do when i have blue coin and the netdecker put down a wardancer? --> forfeiting to save time and no GG for netdeckers.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's true. What am i supposed to do when i have blue coin and the netdecker put down a wardancer? --> forfeiting to save time and no GG for netdeckers.

well, that deck I feel is the reason to invest in the crones/school of the wolf muster groups. Because if they have one Wardancer on the board (in the case of the crones it works even with 2) and they try to do their 3 million IQ play of Yaevinn, then Barclay Els into Cleaver , you will still be ahead. They'll need another card to catch up. Brouver into barclay into cleaver gives the 26 points plus as many wardancers as they have. With the muster group and the spy you will have 31 - 33 and you can pass to force them a card down.

of course be prepared for a long round against them that way, which can be horrifying without a long term gameplan. Something that makes you profit in the long round. Like full moon boons combined with the leshen to passively gain 6 points per turn.

That's the only strategy I've found useful. Also, should you win the first round, bleed them to death.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Im gettin sick of these netdeckers, barely find any SK or NR on Ranked now, its mostly SC and the occasional NG Alchemy or MO Dagon.

The irony is i'm trying to climb to Rank 20 to get Bran's avatar since he has been my favourite leader for over a year, and probably wont get it, while these SC netdeckers probably hate SK and Bran and yet will get it, and use it solely for showing off...

I'm at 18 right now. I guess maybe I'll play some today, but my initial goal is 19. Will see how my Eredin Frost does in 18 as I have a surprising finisher with him there. The only decks with which I do have problems are Alchemy - just too much removal in key moments of my gameplay - and the stupid, broken Elven Scout and Runestones, which constantly pull Weather Clears and screw me royally. Add Wardancers to ST and it's one helluva match to go in. Like, so often I have to forfeit R1 cause I can sense Oppo has a Wardancer, making me an easy pass R2 most of the time, but sacrificing a round only for that alone can be as detrimental as going a card down.

I'm at 18 having a used a mixture of desks, and testing a few more after that. I lost around 10 games in a row while working on several iteration of one deck (I wish AI was a more worthy test).

By far my most successful deck was an ST Ambush/Removal build, and I didn't see anyone else with it, which was cool. My second most effective was an ST swap deck, which seemed quite popular. Both decks ran Eithnie/Shirru and Isengrm for reliable 2/3 scorch per match.

My Ambush/removal deck was so low in points that the triple scorch worked really well in conjunction, even forcing a few players to pass on their last card (obviously scorch). Winning games on as little as 1-0.

Main thing being you have to win the first so as to go last in the third, usually via aggressive removal of opponents game plan. This often leaves you a card behind, so you a have to run em out of cards in the second with Ambush trickery. That way you are able to play that double/triple scorch in the last round, because you don't have the points to leap up.

Toughest opponents have been monster consume builds, with those little things that reappear once killed or consumed, most effective counter was charming their first, and tryna get em to pass that round, then punishing them in the second when they aren't sure what to lay or keep back.

Last edited:
I haven't played this game in 2 months to be honest. I don't feel motivated to go in an excessive grind in ranked matches because I know I won't be able to reach rank 20 to unlock the avatar. Yeah, and after seeing the direction they went with all of these new avatar rewards including Letho being a top 1,000 leaderboard player reward, nah I'll pass on playing this game until they make avatar rewards more accessible. After struggling so much in past seasons to reach rank 20 (always stuck on 19), I got burnt out. Also, only 1 month to get these rewards when the MMR remains the same as the 2 month seasons? Really? Who thought this reward system was good?

Avatars should indeed be alot more accessible. Why only give those nice avatars to 10'000 people when you can let everybody use their favorite one?

If you want to brag about how far you climbed, there are still the titles and borders, that's what titles and borders are there for. Locking avatars as top[whatever] rewards makes no sense to me.

TheNotoriousThree;n10548862 said:
Avatars should indeed be alot more accessible. Why only give those nice avatars to 10'000 people when you can let everybody use their favorite one?

If you want to brag about how far you climbed, there are still the titles and borders, that's what titles and borders are there for. Locking avatars as top[whatever] rewards makes no sense to me.

Seriously?
I understand when people felt frustrated that those rewards were only given to top 1000 exclusively (except a couple of avatars.) Now, the devs have made it so forgiving, and still people complain. They are rewards and the players spend a lot of time ranking should feel at least rewarded with some exclusive trinkets. Don't u think? It just seems like people complain no matter what it is.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well, i've had it. Wasted a good part of the weekend trying to climb to Rank 20, but after almost 7-8 hours of play... im lower on the ladder than when i started, almost at the Rank 19 threshold. And playing with this knowledge there are only a few more days to reach it makes it even more stressful.

And want more irony? It was the first time i actually tried to reach Rank 20, even though im playing since the 1st week of Closed Beta. And i probably would've been able to reach it if i had tried on the first 2 or 3 seasons, where i had amazing winrates, but now - please correct me if im wrong, players who have been on the top of the ladder since early seasons - it's way harder, with netdecks being way more versatile vs all other decks, and with the matchmaking system dediciding to put me vs SC everytime i use my SK main deck, which is totally countered with all that control.

Im done. No more Ranked for me, except for mid ranks to get rewards. I'll stick to theme and meme decks.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Sorry for the (double) rant guys, but i feel i need to point out the BS that makes every recent Gwent match unpleasant:

1. Coin flip abuse. Its bad when i get the blue coin, but when on top of that the opponent plays the silver spy, i wanna break the screen.

2. Silver spies. I admit i use them too, but i guess i suck with them since i'll always end up with the short end... And i dont recall they ever being as problematic as they are now.

3. Netdecks. Almost as bad as they being designed to be simple so every layman could do well with it, its you ending up facing the same decks over and over again!

4. Ciri Nova. Im not here to complain about the card, but it seems everytime i bother looking at the card count in the beginning of the match to see if it has 26, it doesnt have, and everytime it has, i forgot to look...

5. Carryover. I have always been a fan of it, but between that, the coin flip and the silver spies, the CA question becomes too relevant in Gwent, and i miss the times i didnt even bothered to look who's ahead on the card count.

2. Silver spies. I admit i use them too, but i guess i suck with them since i'll always end up with the short end... And i dont recall they ever being as problematic as they are now.

Using silver spies is really hard but they are arguably the best type of card in the game due to the current meta. CA is everything.
I usually try to use them when I can catch up with just one card, luckily the Unseen Elder draining the Frightener can provide the points necessary :)

If you go first, invest in a strong opening, especially with Skellige since they lack strong opening tempo plays. Taking the school of the wolf witchers is not a bad choice at all, due to the meta, even though you sacrifice three silvers you can counter the Yaevinn -> Brouver -> Barclay -> Cleaver combo rhat way and force them an extra card down. Then going in a long round against them you will need a longterm gameplan, and that's why Greatswords are popular again.

Very often opponents drypass when you play the muster group and that allows you to play your long termstrategy in round 2 and completely bleed them out, keeping only your finisher for round 3

I was wondering these days - will the adjustment to MMR from this season stand or it will be changed again? I mean, February is the shortest month of the year, than the actual season started late, so we had like, 22 actual days to climb, was that the reason why MMR was adjusted and will this stay for only this "month"?

partci;n10549752 said:
I was wondering these days - will the adjustment to MMR from this season stand or it will be changed again? I mean, February is the shortest month of the year, than the actual season started late, so we had like, 22 actual days to climb, was that the reason why MMR was adjusted and will this stay for only this "month"?

That probably depends on how well it went with the MMR this season.

I think the current system would be fine for a full month. We'll see.

Top Bottom