Get your epic cards!

+

Guaranteed Epic Card Week is live!

Until Monday, August 27th, 12 PM (noon) CEST, every keg you open will have a guaranteed epic card among the first four cards.

I agree. And it looks to be a pretty generous event :)

Thanks for that. My personal collection does not lack any epics, but still, might be good to save up on scraps to craft premiums.

Ok for scraps, but worse for ore.
Wonder i've there will be a premium keg weekend though.

Last edited:
I have a full (standard) collection and 80 Kegs...what to do now?
a. open kegs for scraps
b. wait for a Premium Keg Weekend
c. wait 'til Homecoming

Collection.png

Last edited:
Can I get an honest answer

Do you guys buy kegs or grind for kegs

I just started 3 days ago and I'm still on the fence on spending for cards.

Until Monday, August 27th, 12 PM (noon) CEST, every keg you open will have a guaranteed epic card among the first four cards.

So you made one of the first 4 cards epic, but it also seems you made the other 3 a guaranteed bronze; at least from opening 30+ kegs. Or are the % the same for the other 3 as in a normal keg?
Post automatically merged:

When you are starting out it can be a bit slow if you don't want to buy kegs, but at least the Starter Pack is good value to get a few extra kegs, so thats something to consider buying. But if you have at least one somewhat viable deck, and play a bit each day you will get the cards you need without exccessive grind.
However if you want a tier one deck right away, then buying at least some kegs is always an option. :)

Last edited:
As a beginner, I definitely (as many others) recommend you buying the Starter Pack which provides you with superb value.
Other than that, the rewards system itself is very generous, getting 2-3 kegs (not counting in any ranked rewards you might get along the way) a day while playing actively shouldn't prove to be a problem. You decide for yourself how and at what rate you would like to acquire those cards.
So you made one of the first 4 cards epic, but it also seems you made the other 3 a guaranteed bronze; at least from opening 30+ kegs. Or are the % the same for the other 3 as in a normal keg?
I opened 90 kegs - had a few golds and silvers as my fifth card. % seems to be the usual and I highly doubt they would hide something like that if it wasn't.

Like others have said, the game is very generous and in a month or two you'll have enough material to craft the decks you want. However, if you are enjoying the game, I'd say buy some kegs. This way you can support the game you're playing and your experience will become more enjoyable with the new cards and decks to play with.

Also, you should definitely buy the Starter Pack.

I have a full (standard) collection and 80 Kegs...what to do now?
a. open kegs for scraps
b. wait for a Premium Keg Weekend
c. wait 'til Homecoming

I'd prefer to wait for another Premium Keg Weekend if there's gonna be any. But I might just open the kegs for the extra scraps, since there's no confirmation of another event like that.

This might be a noob question, but which of my Ores, Scraps and Kegs will remain after Homecoming? If Ores or Kegs reset to 0, I might as well open them now. Thanks.

And yes, another Premium Keg Weekend before Homecoming would be welcome. I missed the last one due to a technical issue.

Drop rate must be the same. Just had two kegs in a row where the 5th card was a silver, too.

I opened 90 kegs - had a few golds and silvers as my fifth card. % seems to be the usual and I highly doubt they would hide something like that if it wasn't.

I am not saying they hid something, and not talking about the 5th card, but rather the other 3 of the first 4 cards. Did you get any epics or legendaries (apart from the 1 guaranteed epic) from the first 4 cards?

I'd prefer to wait for another Premium Keg Weekend if there's gonna be any. But I might just open the kegs for the extra scraps, since there's no confirmation of another event like that.

Thanks for your reply. That is my problem too: If there's gonna be any Premium Weekend. If not, and I don't open the kegs, I lost a lots of scraps value. So I decided to open them. If there will be any Premium Weekend, it's not earlier, than middle/end of September. So I can collect enough kegs.

I am not saying they hid something, and not talking about the 5th card, but rather the other 3 of the first 4 cards. Did you get any epics or legendaries (apart from the 1 guaranteed epic) from the first 4 cards?

There are people on Reddit, they had no epic in the first 4 cards, but a Legendary. It seems to be a "Guaranteed Epic+ Card Week". I opened 13 Kegs:
first 4: 13 Epic (2 Premium); 2 Rare; 2 Common Premium
5th card: 1 Gold; 1 Epic; 1 Epic Premium; 1 Rare Premium

Not bad...

Last edited:

I mostly grinded for kegs though:

1) I bought the starter pack back then. 10 kegs ( so 50 cards), some powder and a Legendary card which I could choose, out of 3 for 5 bucks was an excellent deal.

2) I had about 15 kegs from the start due to playing during the closed beta. So I started with a really noticeable boost in my collection, as I managed to even get Villentretenmerth, Myrgtabrakke and Dorregaray (yeah this card actually still exists, wouldn't you believe it :p back then it was great to have in a Monsters Frost deck) from these kegs, along with other bronzes and silvers.

So, I may not have bought any kegs directly, but I had a huge boost of 25 kegs when I started. So, choice is yours. You can totally grind, though remember that the sooner you buy kegs, the more value you get out of them. Otherwise your collection grows and you just get duplicate cards.

epics.jpg

Let's do some math...

The average value of a keg is 85.67 scraps. Normally, this promotion gives you a minimum of 50 extra scraps when it's a duplicate epic or a full 200 extra when it's a new card. But because Homecoming gives full scraps regardless, the average value of the keg is now 200 + 170 (which is the normal 85.67 average adjusted for full milling value), totaling 370 scraps or 4.5 times the normal average!! which is a very nice deal.

So, how much value is this compared to the premium keg weekend? The premium keg weekend (only) gives 185 extra scraps (on average), compared to the 200 extra scraps from this promotion, making the epic promotion better.

Conclusion: Open all your kegs now!

There are people on Reddit, they had no epic in the first 4 cards, but a Legendary. It seems to be a "Guaranteed Epic+ Card Week". I opened 13 Kegs:
first 4: 13 Epic (2 Premium); 2 Rare; 2 Common Premium
5th card: 1 Gold; 1 Epic; 1 Epic Premium; 1 Rare Premium

Not bad...

Thanks for the info. That kind of confirms my suspicion that you can only get 1 epic or better card from the first 4; so while you have a guaranteed epic for 1 slot of 4, you have reduced chance or anything other then bronze from slots 2, 3, 4.

So if your guaranteed an epic in the first 4 and than an rare or above in the 5th doesn’t this make it better than premium weekend or am I mistaken

Guess I will open some kegs as an investment towards more Homecoming scraps.

got 17,000 ore. Maybe 20 kegs just for the hell of it?

Top Bottom