Geralt takes on a new contract in Monster Hunter: World!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED

Together with Capcom, we’re presenting the crossover everyone’s been waiting for: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Monster Hunter: World!

The collaboration sees Monster Hunter: World players take on the mantle of Geralt of Rivia, and has them take on a series of Witcher-inspired quests. These offer a unique gameplay experience blending RPG mechanics of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with Monster Hunter: World’s game systems.

Reprising his role as the witcher is Doug Cockle — the English voice of Geralt of Rivia.

The Witcher-inspired content is coming to Monster Hunter: World on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in early 2019 as a free update, with the PC release to follow soon.

Unusual. . . and unexpected. Much like the last crossover, this doesn't look like my style of game, so I'll probably never know how Geralt fares in yet another world.

Perhaps it's just me, but I find it a mite odd to see our grouchy witcher teleporting so often. You'd think he'd have had his fill of world-hopping in Wild Hunt and HoS. I'm beginning to suspect he mayn't hate portals all that much after all. . . .

As ever, I'd much prefer a fresh, full-scale RPG set within the Witcher's world, created entirely by the REDs, rather than see the old boy loaned out to other games. After all, isn't Geralt supposed to be peacefully enjoying retirement at Corvo Bianco? Oughtn't the White Wolf be allowed to rest a wee bit?

Even though I'm still not interested enough in Monster Hunter World, I think that crossover makes a lot of sense.

Top Bottom